Footage from Deathly Hallows Premieres at ShoWest, includes Voldemort confrontation

DH Film
Posted by: Melissa
March 19, 2010, 01:49 AM

Multiple reports have surfaced tonight that Warner Bros. scored a big hit with trade show attendees by showing unfinished scenes from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at this year's ShoWest, an important movie industry exhibition.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

One report notes that footage showed Harry (Daniel Radcliffe), bloodied from battle and "visibly terrified," walking into the woods to meet Voldemort, who taunts him with, "The boy who lived, come to die."

We saw little bits of everything, from the seven Harry Potters escaping from the Dursleys house (totally surreal) to the attack at Bill and Fleur's wedding to the escape from Gringotts on the pale dragon and even Hogwarts on fire. With unfinished effects it's hard to really say how it all looks, though some of the most effective moments were the simplest -- Ron and Harry's fight in the tent, Harry visiting his parents' graves, running away from the Snatchers in the woods, Harry defiantly telling Voldemort that he stays alive "because I have something worth fighting for."

Another notes:

Other bits of footage were Harry, Ron and Hermione in the forest fighting as Ron tells Harry that since he already lost his family his pain isn’t as important (or something like that).  We also saw tons of pre-viz mixed in with shot footage like Harry flying with Hagrid and Voldemort chasing him with other Death Eaters.  I also saw a scene of all the Harry’s from the beginning of the book.  Other bits were the kids in London walking around, Bill Nighy  as Rufus Scrimgeour, Harry and Ginny kissing, and so much more.  Some of the footage looked like done and some was very rough.

The only thing I knew for certain after watching the footage was the movie is going to be amazing and I am so happy the last book is in two parts.

The trailer ended with the info of when the movies are getting released and how they’re both in 3D.  Which is awesome.

FirstShowing also notes that the Quidditch area burns down. More as it comes!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Capture10_thumb

awesome. i hope they do not come out with 500 million trailers like they did for HBP. and there is something that makes no sense to me in this, “Hogwarts on fire”. i dont think youd be able to burn hogwarts. and they burn the quidditch pitch? why?.. i wonder if hagrids hut will be stepped on by a giant, that would be sad but cool.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on March 19, 2010, 11:56 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

SQUEE!!! Oh I can’t wait! I’m so glad they split it up. I’m excited to see the seven Potters scene and where the split will be.

Posted by da_member0808 on March 20, 2010, 12:22 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_6_40_thumb

OMG!!!!! So awesome!!! cant wait!!!

Posted by nox avis on March 20, 2010, 02:24 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

oh my god!! can’t believe the films are gonna come to an end… Looks like the film’s gonna be awesome… But one thing’s for sure…No matter how much they screw up the movie I’m gonna love it.. I’m eagerly waiting for Snape’s memory scenes … Go DH!

Posted by vandy[FTC] on March 20, 2010, 03:27 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

Faints

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on March 20, 2010, 06:54 AM report to moderator

dont get your hopes up on these last two movies guys that way you wont be dissapointed if they dont live up to your expectations. alot of people were geared up for half blood prince and many were let down because of the huge cuts that were made to the final film. i wasnt let down coz i went to the cinema with an open mind knowing what cuts were being made and knowing that the book and movie are two different things and that the movie wouldnt be exactly like the book. as for the final 2 movie yeah there have been things added like the burning of the quiditch stadium but i think this will add to the action and drama of it all. im not opposed at all to these additions and its sounding like they are finally staying pretty faithful to the book this time. if they get this right it could beat lord of the rings for the most epic finale of all time. fingers crossed eh.lol

Posted by jaiboi2 on March 20, 2010, 08:19 AM report to moderator
06_thumb

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hope this would be up soon!

Posted by SevSnape on March 20, 2010, 01:51 PM report to moderator
Hg_thumb

I can’t wait for this movie… It’s going to be awesome!!

Posted by kandlesrule on March 20, 2010, 03:25 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I AM NOT LOOKING AT THOSE SPOILERS! I AM NOT! I AM NOT!

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on March 20, 2010, 05:47 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

So can i see all of this already??

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on March 20, 2010, 07:28 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lp9f45jqbm1r0sjoeo1_500_large_thumb

oh my god, I saw most of this on youtube-looks INCREDIBLE!
I honestly can’t wait!!!

Posted by aval on March 20, 2010, 07:47 PM report to moderator
Cropped_thumb

I’m very surprised they showed so much footage.
I’d rather wait to see it in the theatre for the first time.

Posted by charlie potter on March 20, 2010, 09:10 PM report to moderator
Avatar1_thumb

OMG!!! That’s totally AWESOME! I just can’t wait any longer!!! I’m dying to see all these wonderful scenes!!! Oh my…

Posted by Madam Snape on March 20, 2010, 10:24 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I can hardly wait to see the fianl movies. They are going to be awesome, and am I glad they are going to do two movies and not cut the plot to pieces!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on March 20, 2010, 10:33 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

This film will be AMAZING!!! Reading this gave me chills! I’m so jealous that they got to see all that footage!!! Deathly Hallows will be AMAZING!! ONLY 8 MONTHS TO GO!!!!!

Posted by cghambright on March 20, 2010, 11:13 PM report to moderator

"Harry," he said, very seriously, "whoever put your name in that goblet -- I -- I reckon they're trying to do you in!"[br]It was as though the last few weeks had never happened -- as though Harry were meeting Ron for the first time, right after he'd been

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014