Footage from Deathly Hallows Premieres at ShoWest, includes Voldemort confrontation

DH Film
Posted by: Melissa
March 19, 2010, 01:49 AM

Multiple reports have surfaced tonight that Warner Bros. scored a big hit with trade show attendees by showing unfinished scenes from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at this year's ShoWest, an important movie industry exhibition.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

One report notes that footage showed Harry (Daniel Radcliffe), bloodied from battle and "visibly terrified," walking into the woods to meet Voldemort, who taunts him with, "The boy who lived, come to die."

We saw little bits of everything, from the seven Harry Potters escaping from the Dursleys house (totally surreal) to the attack at Bill and Fleur's wedding to the escape from Gringotts on the pale dragon and even Hogwarts on fire. With unfinished effects it's hard to really say how it all looks, though some of the most effective moments were the simplest -- Ron and Harry's fight in the tent, Harry visiting his parents' graves, running away from the Snatchers in the woods, Harry defiantly telling Voldemort that he stays alive "because I have something worth fighting for."

Another notes:

Other bits of footage were Harry, Ron and Hermione in the forest fighting as Ron tells Harry that since he already lost his family his pain isn’t as important (or something like that).  We also saw tons of pre-viz mixed in with shot footage like Harry flying with Hagrid and Voldemort chasing him with other Death Eaters.  I also saw a scene of all the Harry’s from the beginning of the book.  Other bits were the kids in London walking around, Bill Nighy  as Rufus Scrimgeour, Harry and Ginny kissing, and so much more.  Some of the footage looked like done and some was very rough.

The only thing I knew for certain after watching the footage was the movie is going to be amazing and I am so happy the last book is in two parts.

The trailer ended with the info of when the movies are getting released and how they’re both in 3D.  Which is awesome.

FirstShowing also notes that the Quidditch area burns down. More as it comes!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

One word.weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Dlcohm7 on March 19, 2010, 06:31 PM report to moderator
Avatar2_thumb

OOOHHHMMYYYGOOOOOOODDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!! That sounds AMAZING!!!!!!

Posted by weasleygirl101(ROAR) on March 19, 2010, 06:34 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

OH MY GOSHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was screaming YES!!!! when it said Harry and Ginny kissing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is going to be AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I have to watch it in 3D especially Part 2 with the dragon at Gringotts and curses flying everywhere =] CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on March 19, 2010, 06:39 PM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

If you want to read more articles on this – go to Twitter and type “ShoWest Harry Potter” into the search bar. Loads of links to articles, etc. come up. I enjoy reading as much as I can, as there’s been so little news lately.

Posted by sueml on March 19, 2010, 06:43 PM report to moderator
Gof99_thumb

This all sounds incredible! I’m so excited for DH! I’m always a little let down with the Potter movies and I’m really hoping I won’t be this time. DH HAS TO BE BRILLIANT! And Yates, please don’t disappoint me with the Ron/Hermione kiss like you did the Harry/Ginny kiss in HBP!

Posted by hpikjdjg on March 19, 2010, 06:57 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

ugg that freaks kisses harry again?

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on March 19, 2010, 07:15 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

ugg that freaks kisses harry again?

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on March 19, 2010, 07:15 PM report to moderator

This sounds SO AWESOME. Can’t wait to see it, specially the seven potters scene.

Posted by Stellar Sound on March 19, 2010, 08:14 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

I definitely did a little dance in my seat as I read this!

Posted by WillowEve ^HISS^ on March 19, 2010, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Nigel_the_whale_thumb

Contain myself is what I cannot do! Excited is what I am! OMIMERLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Rotfangconspiracy117 on March 19, 2010, 08:19 PM report to moderator
N100000099311881_7753_thumb

This sounds amazing! I’m seriously freaking out. I would love to see this footage, only because we’ve gotten hardly anything so far, and I want to see something so bad. But they probably won’t release it, and if they do, it won’t be for awhile. They’ll put it out in October, when everyone is sick of all the clips and teasers. I just hope I’m wrong.

Posted by moonyschick on March 19, 2010, 09:42 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-silhouette_thumb

Yikes! This sounds totally awesome! Can’t wait for BOTH movies!

Posted by WizardRocker1 on March 19, 2010, 10:35 PM report to moderator

y hasnt the footage been leaked yet?

Posted by hallowman on March 19, 2010, 10:50 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter6_thumb

!!!!i wanna see it!!!!!!!! I CANNOT WAIT TILL november TO SEE THE HP7!!!!!!! :D !!!!!!

Posted by hpfangirl97 on March 19, 2010, 10:54 PM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

sighs Some people get all of the luck to view tidbits from the movie. Is it fall yet?

Posted by leigia on March 19, 2010, 11:34 PM report to moderator

"Winky must not talk like that to Harry Potter!" said Dobby angrily. "Harry Potter is brave and noble and Harry Potter is not nosy!"