Footage from Deathly Hallows Premieres at ShoWest, includes Voldemort confrontation

DH Film
Posted by: Melissa
March 19, 2010, 01:49 AM

Multiple reports have surfaced tonight that Warner Bros. scored a big hit with trade show attendees by showing unfinished scenes from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at this year's ShoWest, an important movie industry exhibition.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

One report notes that footage showed Harry (Daniel Radcliffe), bloodied from battle and "visibly terrified," walking into the woods to meet Voldemort, who taunts him with, "The boy who lived, come to die."

We saw little bits of everything, from the seven Harry Potters escaping from the Dursleys house (totally surreal) to the attack at Bill and Fleur's wedding to the escape from Gringotts on the pale dragon and even Hogwarts on fire. With unfinished effects it's hard to really say how it all looks, though some of the most effective moments were the simplest -- Ron and Harry's fight in the tent, Harry visiting his parents' graves, running away from the Snatchers in the woods, Harry defiantly telling Voldemort that he stays alive "because I have something worth fighting for."

Another notes:

Other bits of footage were Harry, Ron and Hermione in the forest fighting as Ron tells Harry that since he already lost his family his pain isn’t as important (or something like that).  We also saw tons of pre-viz mixed in with shot footage like Harry flying with Hagrid and Voldemort chasing him with other Death Eaters.  I also saw a scene of all the Harry’s from the beginning of the book.  Other bits were the kids in London walking around, Bill Nighy  as Rufus Scrimgeour, Harry and Ginny kissing, and so much more.  Some of the footage looked like done and some was very rough.

The only thing I knew for certain after watching the footage was the movie is going to be amazing and I am so happy the last book is in two parts.

The trailer ended with the info of when the movies are getting released and how they’re both in 3D.  Which is awesome.

FirstShowing also notes that the Quidditch area burns down. More as it comes!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Me_and_dan_orig_thumb

So lucky! I wish we could all see this, it sounds amazing!!!

Posted by GinnyPotter811 on March 19, 2010, 11:51 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

As I read the description of this footage I could truly sense my heart beating faster and faster, for such was the excitement that pierced through me! I cannot wait for Warner Brothers to release to the general public additional footage from the movie. I wish that I had been attending the exhibition so that I could have seen it!

Posted by Kirk on March 19, 2010, 11:52 AM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

OH MY GOD!! I can´t believe it!! Lucky bastards! I wanna see it so much!! I wanna see it now!! Oh my God! My heart is pounding and my chest can´t contain it!Harry and Ginny kissing(I hope it´s better and much hotter than the ridiculous HBP)! Ron and Harry fighting!! Harry vs Voldemort!!

Posted by Tamyris on March 19, 2010, 11:54 AM report to moderator
Img_4237_thumb

Wow!!

Posted by Taylor on March 19, 2010, 12:07 PM report to moderator
Q3_thumb

Oh my God. Oh my God this sounds so freakin’ amazing. Like. I can NOT wait for this to come out like….BDKJFHSLKJFH….I honestly can’t wait.

Posted by KennedyJames on March 19, 2010, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Q3_thumb

Also @EthanHP Ron says something along the same lines in the Book sooooooooo it’s unfortunate that he even said a thing like that to Harry, but I am still happy that they put it in there to actually show how Nasty Ron got with that Horcrux

Posted by KennedyJames on March 19, 2010, 12:13 PM report to moderator

david yates has one final movie to reprieve himself. im not saying half blood prince was bad but the ending could have been spellbinding the shot of dumbledore conjuring the fire again was to short as was the final battle in order of the phoenix. i only hope that the final battle out does the lord of the rings final battle. the final part must be epic and spectacular and last for at least an hour. this final battle is what fans have been waiting for and dont want to be dissapointed. i just wonder if there gonna bring out an extended dvd of order of the phoenix where you get to see bellatrix and sirius duel coz i know they filmed those sequences and also in half blood prince where dumbledore says to harry im not worried im with you was also cut from the movie. at least mike newall tried to keep as much as he could in from goblet of fire and the final duel was amazing with harry and voldemort, but david yates seems to skate over the action parts with his versions of harry potter, even the dueling at the burrow which of course was not in the book was a little under done,. we should have seen remus and tonks and mr weasly blocking curses and firing them. i just hope that we get to see alot more dueling and battling and its not underdone in deathly hallows or i wont be buying the dvd

Posted by jaiboi2 on March 19, 2010, 12:16 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

im so excited for this

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on March 19, 2010, 12:44 PM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

Yay! Just joined up because of this! :D

My inner little girl is escaping….escaped! OMG!!! They have included A LOT! Ron vs Harry! W00T! I thought they would leave that out, but I’m so glad to be proved wrong! :)

The Voldy confrontation sounds AMAZING! “The Boy who Lived, come to die” that is one awesome line! I also like that Harry is “bloodied”, it will add to the “dead” effect when he is pretending. And I am probably going to cry. :D

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on March 19, 2010, 01:51 PM report to moderator

ggggggaaaaahhhhhh soooo goooooooood
i expected the next DH bits to be stills or something small but this, oh man, this is crazy!! deep down i hope that this is the filmmakers gift to us for taking all the silly plot holes and still paying to see them another five billion times

Posted by hallows or horcruxes? on March 19, 2010, 02:06 PM report to moderator
Outoftheway_thumb

Gah. Just have to comment again. Didn’t notice the Ron vs. Harry bit the first time. Holy.. with them saying this movie’s gonna be amazing, I really think it will… I’m so excited. We need a trailer soon. XD Or at least stills!

Posted by LittleMizzBunny on March 19, 2010, 02:15 PM report to moderator

I can not wait for this movie. Looking forward to the “7” Harry’s and the final scene at Hogwarts…..

Posted by Anderja on March 19, 2010, 02:26 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

omg,omg,OMG,i can’t stop squeeing.these films will be amazingly epic,but it scares me how close the end is :(

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on March 19, 2010, 02:34 PM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

@Anderja “final scene at Hogwarts”

Please don’t say that! :O I’m really going to cry at that, too…

Wonder what the Hermione torture scene will be like? I hope they don’t show her actually being tortured, just Ron screaming and Harry calling for help. That scene always makes my heart pound when I read the book. Scary stuff.

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on March 19, 2010, 02:36 PM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

Did someone say they weren’t going to buy the dvd? You are commenting on a Harry Potter site. You’ll buy the dvd.

Posted by decarus on March 19, 2010, 02:38 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

Not only was Hagrid twice as tall as anyone else, he kept pointing at perfectly ordinary things like parking meters and saying loudly, "See that, Harry? Things these Muggles dream up, eh?"