Footage from Deathly Hallows Premieres at ShoWest, includes Voldemort confrontation

DH Film
Posted by: Melissa
March 19, 2010, 01:49 AM

Multiple reports have surfaced tonight that Warner Bros. scored a big hit with trade show attendees by showing unfinished scenes from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at this year's ShoWest, an important movie industry exhibition.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

One report notes that footage showed Harry (Daniel Radcliffe), bloodied from battle and "visibly terrified," walking into the woods to meet Voldemort, who taunts him with, "The boy who lived, come to die."

We saw little bits of everything, from the seven Harry Potters escaping from the Dursleys house (totally surreal) to the attack at Bill and Fleur's wedding to the escape from Gringotts on the pale dragon and even Hogwarts on fire. With unfinished effects it's hard to really say how it all looks, though some of the most effective moments were the simplest -- Ron and Harry's fight in the tent, Harry visiting his parents' graves, running away from the Snatchers in the woods, Harry defiantly telling Voldemort that he stays alive "because I have something worth fighting for."

Another notes:

Other bits of footage were Harry, Ron and Hermione in the forest fighting as Ron tells Harry that since he already lost his family his pain isn’t as important (or something like that).  We also saw tons of pre-viz mixed in with shot footage like Harry flying with Hagrid and Voldemort chasing him with other Death Eaters.  I also saw a scene of all the Harry’s from the beginning of the book.  Other bits were the kids in London walking around, Bill Nighy  as Rufus Scrimgeour, Harry and Ginny kissing, and so much more.  Some of the footage looked like done and some was very rough.

The only thing I knew for certain after watching the footage was the movie is going to be amazing and I am so happy the last book is in two parts.

The trailer ended with the info of when the movies are getting released and how they’re both in 3D.  Which is awesome.

FirstShowing also notes that the Quidditch area burns down. More as it comes!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Littleburrow_thumb

I have always liked the line at the end of OotP where Harry says that they have something worth fighting for. I love the idea that they are going to relive that line in DH. This sounds great though i really want to see it.

Posted by decarus on March 19, 2010, 08:28 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Sounds amazing! But it will be better if they don’t show too much scenes in the trailers! :)

Posted by Pollytomat on March 19, 2010, 08:51 AM report to moderator
Avcj_thumb

I was excited about the ABC Family footage… now I am just so jealous of this!

Posted by Princess Leia on March 19, 2010, 09:05 AM report to moderator
Hp__neville__s_patronus_by_pen_umbra_thumb

Why can’t we see it?!

Posted by All Was Well on March 19, 2010, 09:18 AM report to moderator
15092010472_thumb

WOWWWWW …….it’s damn freaking nice with all DH Owls colliding at the same moment, and I wish the filmmakers hold back something this time … something to surprise is the first time we see the movie … everything sounds like MERLIN’S BEARD!!! CAN’T WAIT BUT STILL LOVING TO WAIT SINCE THIS CANNOT END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by sourav || ROAR || on March 19, 2010, 09:25 AM report to moderator
S515055255_79825_2635_thumb

this year needs to go a tad bit faster so i can watch the movie!

Posted by clever-ravenclaw=] on March 19, 2010, 09:39 AM report to moderator
Potter07_thumb

Oh my Godric Gryffindor, I can feel it. DH is going to be THE best, most epic Harry Potter film (if not film, period) ever.

Posted by accioangela on March 19, 2010, 09:51 AM report to moderator
Bookworm_thumb

Wow, I got chills just reading about it! I’m simultaneously so excited to see the final films and sad that’s it’s ending so soon!

Posted by Bookworm Jen on March 19, 2010, 09:52 AM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

This sounds FANTASTIC!!! It sounds like Ron and Harry’s fight is going to be great stuff; I’d been worried about that scene but maybe I needn’t have! And wow, if the meaty scenes are done well then I’ll be reconciled to the fact that it’s 3D, and it seems they will be. I can’t wait!

Posted by nellythemarrow on March 19, 2010, 10:16 AM report to moderator
Outoftheway_thumb

OMFG. dies

I. Need. To. See. Footage. NOW. D:

I’ve been wondering when we’d hear news on clips/scenes.. omg. I’m so damn excited for this. Near tears right now, knowing we might be seeing these scenes sometimes soon.. actual scenes from the movie, besides that trailer we saw. The description about the Voldy confrontation sent chills up my spine since that is my favorite chapter, and.. I’m going to be bawling so hard. XD The Quidditch Pitch burning down is so shocking.. can’t wait to see that either. Any clips are good!

Posted by LittleMizzBunny on March 19, 2010, 10:24 AM report to moderator

I’m so excited!! I can’t wait! :o

Posted by Mairéad on March 19, 2010, 10:36 AM report to moderator
Avatar_3_thumb

jfhgdfkahgjkf! this is insane! :P

Posted by netsrikb on March 19, 2010, 10:50 AM report to moderator

It all sounds amazing!
The only part I hope it’s not true is this one:
“Ron tells Harry that since he already lost his family his pain isn’t as important”.
That would be such a stupid thing to say. Harry’s pain is as important as any other person, if someone dies he would suffer as much as the rest (as it actually happens), the Weasly family is like his own family to him.

Posted by ethanHP on March 19, 2010, 11:05 AM report to moderator
Hp-lupin-wand-short-100_thumb

Soo excited! XD

Posted by Lucida on March 19, 2010, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

oh my gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on March 19, 2010, 11:50 AM report to moderator

It was Voldemort, Harry thought, staring up at the canopy of his bed in the darkness, it all came back to Voldemort... He was the one who had torn these families apart, who had ruined all these lives...