Footage from Deathly Hallows Premieres at ShoWest, includes Voldemort confrontation

DH Film
Posted by: Melissa
March 19, 2010, 01:49 AM

Multiple reports have surfaced tonight that Warner Bros. scored a big hit with trade show attendees by showing unfinished scenes from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at this year's ShoWest, an important movie industry exhibition.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

One report notes that footage showed Harry (Daniel Radcliffe), bloodied from battle and "visibly terrified," walking into the woods to meet Voldemort, who taunts him with, "The boy who lived, come to die."

We saw little bits of everything, from the seven Harry Potters escaping from the Dursleys house (totally surreal) to the attack at Bill and Fleur's wedding to the escape from Gringotts on the pale dragon and even Hogwarts on fire. With unfinished effects it's hard to really say how it all looks, though some of the most effective moments were the simplest -- Ron and Harry's fight in the tent, Harry visiting his parents' graves, running away from the Snatchers in the woods, Harry defiantly telling Voldemort that he stays alive "because I have something worth fighting for."

Another notes:

Other bits of footage were Harry, Ron and Hermione in the forest fighting as Ron tells Harry that since he already lost his family his pain isn’t as important (or something like that).  We also saw tons of pre-viz mixed in with shot footage like Harry flying with Hagrid and Voldemort chasing him with other Death Eaters.  I also saw a scene of all the Harry’s from the beginning of the book.  Other bits were the kids in London walking around, Bill Nighy  as Rufus Scrimgeour, Harry and Ginny kissing, and so much more.  Some of the footage looked like done and some was very rough.

The only thing I knew for certain after watching the footage was the movie is going to be amazing and I am so happy the last book is in two parts.

The trailer ended with the info of when the movies are getting released and how they’re both in 3D.  Which is awesome.

FirstShowing also notes that the Quidditch area burns down. More as it comes!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Iced_grean_tea_thumb

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I cannot contain my excitement!

Posted by ritaweasley [ROAR!] on March 19, 2010, 01:54 AM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

wow! i am soooooooo excited! this just sounds so brilliant. i can not wait! :D

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on March 19, 2010, 01:55 AM report to moderator

WOW. they got to see quite A LOT.
How amazing and lucky to be in that crowd to see it.
Chilllllssss for sure…
This makes me want to start DH once again.
Only sad side to this? The end is near… sigh :/

Posted by emdash84 on March 19, 2010, 01:56 AM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

I saw this on a different site and then came over here. SO EXCITE.

Posted by Lysh on March 19, 2010, 01:57 AM report to moderator

AMAZING! But I’m scared they might show tooo much! They do it with all the trailers! Also, why are they showing the final bits when it will be released in part 2?

Posted by cpv2006 on March 19, 2010, 02:01 AM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

ahhhhhh don’t show any of part 2!! we gotta wait longer for that one! TOO MUCH ANTICIPATION.

Posted by DesQueJteVois on March 19, 2010, 02:11 AM report to moderator
121_3293_thumb

I hope to GOD this makes it’s way to the internet!!! WANNA SEE IT! PLEASE WB!!!!

Posted by JP Gagen on March 19, 2010, 02:22 AM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_thumb

Cool. Can I have the web address??

Posted by LilMissLuna on March 19, 2010, 02:54 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mwfpc2fgyd1qan42po1_250_thumb
20964 Points

OMG!! I saw this! Not the DH clips but ShoWest here in Las Vegas, I walked right passed the exhibit and looked at the movie posters that were up. I didnt see anything for DH though or else I would have taken some pictures. Everything sounds so amzing!!! I cant believe the quidditch pitch is even being burned. I so can not wait!!!! :):):):):)

Posted by LunaLuver on March 19, 2010, 03:25 AM report to moderator
Picture4_052_thumb

OMFG. Gonna be sooooooooo awesome!!!!!

Posted by joelface on March 19, 2010, 03:29 AM report to moderator
A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on March 19, 2010, 03:29 AM report to moderator
Dsc01855_thumb

WOW!!! SOOO excited!!!! I wish I saw it… :(

Posted by jessh324 on March 19, 2010, 04:42 AM report to moderator
Downsized_0124001234a_thumb

I’m not watching any movie stuff before hand.
Of course, I wouldn’t deny a screening type thing…but trailers…
I shut my eyes and plug my ears. I don’t want to know [=

Posted by Olivia Elaine a.k.a Agent Pomplamoose on March 19, 2010, 05:16 AM report to moderator
Iconator_dea697cd87becd1283213b46f798b87b_thumb

Omg! Awesome! This makes me so excited!

Posted by Wendelin the Weird on March 19, 2010, 05:21 AM report to moderator
Littlel_thumb

Cool, despite my disappointment with HBP, I can’t help but get excited again… (As long as WB knows it’s only out of love for Jo and the books that I keep loyal to the films) But lets hope the “Harry and Ginny kissing” is an improvement to the last pathetic attempt of it in HBP. Can’t wait to see the seven Potters scene!

Posted by littleL on March 19, 2010, 05:54 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"You rose magnificently to the challenge that face you, and sooner -- much sooner -- than I had anticipated, you found yourself face-to-face with Voldemort. You survived again. You did more. You delayed his return to full power and strength. You fought a