Opening Date of Wizarding Park to be Revealed; BtS Video Released

Fan Events
Posted by: Melissa
March 18, 2010, 06:45 PM

The Harry Potter theme park - Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Islands of Adventure in Orlando - will reveal the date of its grand opening on March 25 at 12 pm eastern time; stay tuned for Leaky at that time for the details! Meanwhile, watch this behind-the-scenes video in our video galleries featuring the cast of the films as they shot several scenes for the park's attractions. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fan Events News

I wonder, 1st of May is a Saturday. Could this be the grand opening?

Posted by KiwiBrian on March 18, 2010, 09:02 PM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

Ooh, excellent. Does anyone know how long it generally is between the announcement of a date and the date itself? My feeling is May, it sounds like a good sort of month for an opening. I tried to watch the video but my computer didn’t like the site, I’ll just have to be patient for the Leaky video galleries then lol.

Posted by nellythemarrow on March 18, 2010, 09:11 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

SO EXCITED! Read this and my heart skipped a bit! YES!

Posted by WillowEve ^HISS^ on March 18, 2010, 09:20 PM report to moderator
Llamaflyiong_thumb

All of this excitment is catching even though I’ve been trying to avoid news about it because I know that I won’t be able to go for at least another year so reading things like this is just me teasing myself. I want to go so badly.

Posted by lurking_llama on March 18, 2010, 09:23 PM report to moderator
Helenabonhamcarterbellatrix_thumb

dang it! ill be at work at 12pm eastern on the 25th. that sucks. but i already have my universal harry potter package for june so itll be open when i go. yay. but boo i wont know the date till i get home from work.

Posted by geminidreamatl29 on March 18, 2010, 09:24 PM report to moderator

My friends and I got that vacation package for the weekend of May 28, so I hope its that weekend. Its a holiday weekend too, so it sort of makes sense…

Posted by Tyqwando416 on March 18, 2010, 09:37 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

About time! I have been so frantic waiting to hear about the release date! Maybe this video will calm me down………

Burn-in_2_thumb

finally!!!

Posted by Iamtherealme on March 18, 2010, 10:02 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-cast_thumb

OMG! im sooo exciteddd :D

Posted by Stephie_Potter90 on March 18, 2010, 10:07 PM report to moderator
Marauders_thumb

Ahhhh so exciting. I really hope its open by June 5th, since I’ll be there then! :)

Posted by padfoot4ever12 on March 18, 2010, 10:23 PM report to moderator

Must Read this. Am so excited I can barely type!

Posted by RavenclawGirl13 on March 18, 2010, 10:34 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Why do we have to wait for the opening date? WHY? WHY? WHY? Reveal it already so I can book my ticket! :)

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on March 18, 2010, 10:36 PM report to moderator

When I read the title of this article, I knew that this might just be the one.

Posted by RavenclawGirl13 on March 18, 2010, 10:44 PM report to moderator
Pansyparkinson2_thumb

i can’t wait! i think i’m going this summer!!

Posted by maddog916 on March 18, 2010, 10:58 PM report to moderator

How wonderful!!!!!!!

Posted by hewy on March 18, 2010, 11:21 PM report to moderator

[i]"R -- r-- riddikulus!"[/i] squeaked Neville.[br]There was a noise like a whip crack. Snape stumbled; he was wearing a long, lace-trimmed dress and a towering hat topped with a moth-eaten vulture, and he was swinging a huge crimson handbag.