Harry Potter Artist Mary GrandPre to Speak at Scholarship Breakfast

Books
Posted by: Rosi
March 16, 2010, 05:09 PM

Mary GrandPre, the artist behind the cover art and illustrations in the U.S. Harry Potter books, will be the keynote speaker at The Girls' Middle School's Annual Scholarship Breakfast. The breakfast - "Step Into the Magic" - will take place on the 28th of April from 8:00am to 9:15am at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Cabana in Palo Alto, California. Tickets are required to attend the event and cost $100 each; you can buy them at this link. As outlined on the school's website, The Girls' Middle School aims to:

[Provide] a creative, diverse and nurturing learning environment with innovative programs in computer science, engineering, entrepreneurial education, beginning and advanced Spanish, and social and emotional learning.
Additionally, you can enter a raffle to win a boxed set of the Harry Potter books in hardcover, signed by Mary GrandPre. Tickets to enter the raffle cost $10 each and you do not have to attend the event to win. You can find more information on The Girls' Middle School's website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Wand_thumb

Cool! I love her covers!!!!!

FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on March 16, 2010, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

I agree. I love how she captures some of my fav. scenes!

Posted by WillowEve ^HISS^ on March 16, 2010, 05:27 PM report to moderator
Llamaflyiong_thumb

A very talented artist and from the looks of it a very worthy school. I hope they manage to raise what they need.

Posted by lurking_llama on March 16, 2010, 08:12 PM report to moderator

she signed my copy of dh! it was kind of rushed but she was really nice

Posted by hallows or horcruxes? on March 16, 2010, 09:51 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Mary Grandpre did an incredible job in translating the content of the novels into visual art that complemented and defined the franchise here in the states. I hope that her speech is enjoyable for all who attend.

Posted by Kirk on March 16, 2010, 11:02 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

It sucks not being in California when Harry Potter events happen!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on March 16, 2010, 11:59 PM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

Her covers were wonderful. Even though California is nearby, I don’t have enough money to go on trips as often as I would like.

Posted by leigia on March 17, 2010, 01:05 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

wow she is such a good artist
thatd be really special

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on March 17, 2010, 01:32 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

So she’s the one that illustrates those mysterious pictures! That raffle sounds pretty cool! I may just enter……

Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

cool. i really do <3 her covers. although nothing beats the original, right? ;p

Posted by MaggieNoise on March 17, 2010, 01:00 PM report to moderator

This is a joke right?

Posted by Mew5645 on March 17, 2010, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

oh

Posted by alicia00 on March 17, 2010, 03:15 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Actually, on the Russian editions of HP we have the same pictures, so I can say that for me Mary GrandPre’s work is an integral part of Harry Potter novels))) I wish I could attend this meeting)

Posted by Pollytomat on March 17, 2010, 04:53 PM report to moderator

I think that this is an amazing event, and I am personally a big fan of her artwork. I, myself, am an artist-in-training, and am in awe of her work.

Posted by RavenclawGirl13 on March 17, 2010, 09:29 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_chamber_of_secrets_thumb

Wish I could be there!

Posted by BellatrixGranger on March 18, 2010, 03:18 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

...he sank backward through the ragged veil hanging from the arch...[br]And Harry saw the look of mingled fear and surprise on his godfather's wasted, once-handsome face as he fell through the ancient doorway and disappeared behind the veil, which flutter