Actors in the News Weekly Roundup

HP Cast
Posted by: Rosi
March 14, 2010, 09:52 PM

This week, the actors from the Harry Potter films have been getting involved with all sorts of new projects in film and theatre. Starting on the 17th of March, Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort) will be filming "Coriolanus" in Belgrade, Serbia. Reuters reports that the actor, who is directing the adaptation of the Shakespeare tragedy, also stars in the leading role of Coriolanus, "a Roman general who betrays his native city Rome and allies with his sworn enemy Tullus Aufidius for revenge." Fiennes discussed the loss of funding that made filming a "challenge" and the choice of Belgrade in the Reuters interview which you can find at this link.

Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory) can be seen in the trailer for "Eclipse," the third film in the "Twilight" saga. You can watch the trailer here on YouTube. As the trailer notes, "Eclipse" will be released on the 30th of June this year. In related news, a number of reviews have surfaced of the film "Remember Me," in which Pattinson stars in a leading role and which was released in the U.S. and a number of other countries on Friday. Examiner reports that the low-budget film has already taken over $8.3 million in the U.S. box offices. The U.K. release date for "Remember Me" is the 2nd of April.

Actress Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney) has been busy promoting the sequel to 2005 film "Nanny McPhee," titled "Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang." The film, which stars Thompson, Rhys Ifans (Xenophillius Lovegood), Maggie Gyllenhaal and Dame Maggie Smith (Professor McGonagall) will be released on the 26th of March. Scotland's Daily Record interviewed Thompson about "Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang," which the actress began writing while the first film was still in production. You can find the full interview on the Daily Record website via this link. Photos from Thompson's recent Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang book signing in London Piccadilly's Waterstones can be found here in our galleries.   The Sun has a clip of Dame Maggie Smith playing Mrs. Docherty opposite Maggie Gyllenhaal in the new "Nanny McPhee" film, which you can find by following this link to The Sun website.

Finally, it is rumoured that Dustin Hoffman will direct a BBC Films comedy called "Quartet" starring Dame Maggie Smith. FirstShowing.net reports that Hoffman will replace Richard Loncraine as the director of the comedy about four retired opera singers. Also starring are Albert Finney and Tom Courtenay.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

Hpdh_thumb

good roundup

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on March 14, 2010, 10:31 PM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

Good updates.

Posted by leigia on March 14, 2010, 11:10 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Tell me why does Rob Pattinson have to be in there? I consider him a traitor and a hand-me-down :)

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on March 15, 2010, 12:46 AM report to moderator
Hikerpugs1_thumb

Lots of interesting new! And a good reminder I need to check out the first Nanny McPhee soon. I love Emma Thompson!

Posted by rosepug on March 15, 2010, 01:26 AM report to moderator
Me3_thumb

Bleh Pattinson, but very good update TYVM:)

Posted by Horcrux~Noctus~ on March 15, 2010, 02:26 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Great roundup!

Posted by Pollytomat on March 15, 2010, 02:58 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Why does Mr. Sparkly have to be in here? Other than that great round up. I never much liked the first Nanny McPhee but now with three HP actor in the new one I’ll be checking it out.

Posted by LunaLuver on March 15, 2010, 03:43 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I’m with you @ LoveTomRiddle. Pattinson is in the words of a Malfoy whom I love, a ‘Blood Traitor’.

Posted by LunaLuver on March 15, 2010, 03:45 AM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Ha ha LunaLuver! You’re hilarous!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on March 15, 2010, 04:20 AM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Oh, I also can’t wait for “Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang”! The first movie was awesome though I wish Emma Thompson didn’t quit Deathly Hallows because of The Big Bang! I can’t wait to see Lord Grey in the film!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on March 15, 2010, 04:21 AM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Oh Rhys Ifans also plays in “The Big Bang”! Gees, it looks like I put a lot of comments on this article! Ha ha. (I just looked it up on IMDB)

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on March 15, 2010, 04:24 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

I’d love to see the sequel of Nanny McFee!

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on March 15, 2010, 05:05 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

Sorry! meant McPhee :s

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on March 15, 2010, 05:06 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Excellent Roundup — thanks, Rosi!
I think it’s appropriate that Robert Pattinson is in the Roundup … I mean, he will always be Cederic Diggory to me, and it would be weird to exclude him just because of his other movie series. We can hardly fault the guy for a successful career, right?

Hedwig_avatar_thumb

I do wish younger HP fans would get their heads straight about Robert Pattinson. He is an actor and chooses films with scripts which are out of the ordinary. It is not his fault that someone started the comparison between HP and Twilight. He qualifies for mention on this site because he played a character in Goblet of Fire who died on Voldemort’s orders.

Posted by Graymayne on March 15, 2010, 05:58 AM report to moderator

"Blimey," said the other twin. "Are [br]you --?" [br]"He [i]is[/i]," said the first twin. "Aren't you?" he added to Harry.[br]"What?" said Harry.[br][i]"Harry Potter,"[/i] chorused the twins.[br]"Oh, him," said Harry. "I mean, yes, I am."