ABC to Air "Half-Blood Prince" in Late 2011

HBP Film
Posted by: Rosi
March 10, 2010, 07:04 PM

Variety is reporting that ABC Family will air "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" in late 2011. Ken Werner of Warner Bros. is quoted in the article, saying, "[feature] films are an integral part of the formula for a successful cable service, and ABC Family has created a terrific destination where Warner Bros. movies have thrived."  ABC Family holds the rights to the first six Harry Potter films, as well as to a number of newer films, including "The Blind Side" and  "Alice in Wonderland," which will be aired in 2012. "Alice in Wonderland" stars a number of Harry Potter actors including Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange), Alan Rickman (Severus Snape) and the narrator of the British Harry Potter audiobooks, Stephen Fry.

Many thanks to Lily for emailing in!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW Well this will be great, I do already own the DVD, but if it is on the Family Channel I will be watching it!!! lol

Posted by Mistic Willow on March 11, 2010, 06:47 AM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

when are they ever going to play the 5th one on tv?? they barely ever play the 4th one and that came out in 2005… :(

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on March 11, 2010, 07:00 AM report to moderator

I like it when the movies are on tv..its an excuse to watch them again!

Posted by Dawna on March 11, 2010, 08:01 AM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

They haven’t even started showing OOTP yet…when will they do that?

Posted by Rin68nyr on March 11, 2010, 12:13 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Thanks, ABC! Alan Rickman is one of my favorite actors, so I get to see him in the next HPmovie, and in Alice too.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on March 11, 2010, 12:13 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

cant w8 4 alice in wonderland

Posted by MaggieNoise on March 11, 2010, 01:52 PM report to moderator
Wicked_poster_by_pixarjunkie_thumb

Wow, Alice in Wonderland on TV? Awesome. :)

Posted by Scylla on March 11, 2010, 02:54 PM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Can’t believe we will have to wait until late 2011 before we get to see HBP on ABC. They always add special things to the showings on TV so I wish they would show it sooner, but I guess it isn’t to be.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on March 11, 2010, 02:54 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

wow cool

Posted by alicia00 on March 11, 2010, 03:29 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

That will be cool!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on March 11, 2010, 03:48 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I’ve got the dvds so I don’t need to bother with all that!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on March 11, 2010, 05:19 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

that’s so cool! :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on March 11, 2010, 05:24 PM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

Wow that big I can’t wait not just for HBP but also for the other movies. I think i have seen HBP at least 35 times already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on March 11, 2010, 06:34 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

So this will probably be for the Christmas “Harry Potter Weekend” in 2011?? I’m guessing.. also super excited about “The Blindside” and “Alice in Wonderland”!!

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on March 11, 2010, 07:41 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I cannot believe that by the time this airs, the last of the movies will have been released. :(

Posted by Kirk on March 11, 2010, 08:49 PM report to moderator

"Yes, shut up, Potter!" barked Fudge, who was still ogling Dumbledore with a kind of horrified delight. "Well, well, well -- I came here tonight expecting to expel Potter and instead --"[br]"Instead you get to arrest me," said Dumbledore, smiling. "It's