"Deathly Hallows" Anecdotes from Ciaran Hinds, Rhys Ifans and Jason Isaacs

HP Cast
Posted by: Rosi
March 01, 2010, 11:20 AM

Actors Ciarán Hinds (Aberforth Dumbledore),  Rhys Ifans (Xenophilius Lovegood) and Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy) have shared anecdotes from the filming of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" with ComingSoon.net. Firstly, Hinds describes his role in the film as "just one scene with a little dialogue to give some exposition about Dumbledore's past life" and spoke of Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) as "very charming, very gracious, made you feel very welcome." The Aberforth actor also comments:

I saw [director David Yates] working with the younger ones, giving them little pointers, never pushing, just suggesting about development, and here I am, part of what everyone has to offer. You really have to say they're confident and they know who they are, they know what they're doing and we have to ask if we're alright.
Rhys Ifans mentions that he is "really genuinely proud to have been invited to be part of that whole machine," and describes it as a "surreal situation to be in." Quotage:
You get on set and you see all these actors who you've either admired from afar or more often than not, actors you've worked with before, all sitting there, dressed up as wizards, having wand-offs[.]
Jason Isaacs was interviewed separately and said his experience filming the saga was "magnificent":
There's nothing greater than sitting around on a Harry Potter set when you're not filming and listening to the likes of Julie Walters and Maggie Smith and Michael Gambon and Bill Nighy and Jim Broadbent tell stories, and watching everybody chew the scenery up in the few moments you get on screen as well, trying to out-ham each other.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

Me_thumb

This is going to be an awesome movie I know… it’s like an all star cast… can’t wait…

Is it July yet?

Posted by alegria35 on March 01, 2010, 09:53 PM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

Great to see the newcomers appreciated the opportunity to be part of the HP movie experience.

Posted by leigia on March 01, 2010, 10:05 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

I love it that David (Yates) doesn’t push the young actors such as Dan, Rupe and Emma. I mean they’re still so young. Ohh, Lucky Jason Isaacs! I wish I were in a room with Maggie Smith, Julie Walters and especially Bill Nighy! I wanted to watch G-Force, but I didn’t have the time to finish the movie! Though I only have seen not even half of the movie, he’s acting was brilliant!!! I also love Pirates!!

(by the way, I’m younger than them by a lot so don’t think I’m some 20 year old, I’m not even 14 yet!)

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on March 01, 2010, 10:48 PM report to moderator
Audrey_side_lit_1_2_thumb

SO. FREAKING. EXCITED!!!

Posted by Audrey Sunshine {ROAR} on March 01, 2010, 11:29 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

It so great to see all these actors just as excited about HP coming to an end like the rest of us.

Posted by LunaLuver on March 02, 2010, 02:24 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

It is amazing how all of these wonderful actors are so gracious and excited about the films!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on March 02, 2010, 03:32 AM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

I love Jason Isaacs!! I am so terribly sad that this adventure is ending. What will I wait on to come out now??

Posted by JessSnape on March 02, 2010, 06:18 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

sounds like such a great atmosphere and fun place! Great actors!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on March 02, 2010, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

The actors are awesome!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on March 02, 2010, 05:16 PM report to moderator
Smokin_louie_thumb

Rhys Ifans as Lovegood is cool he has a comic out there style that will bring a new face to the book.

Posted by SmokinLouie on March 02, 2010, 06:08 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

sweet

Posted by alicia00 on March 03, 2010, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

awesome!!! =D great great!!!

Harry_snl_thumb

I think it’s just amazing how many outstanding British actors are in these films — it’s really mind-boggling!

"There's still the fact that Dumbledore trusts Snape, and I know Dumbledore trusts where a lot of other people wouldn't, but I just can't see him letting Snape teach at Hogwarts if he'd ever worked for Voldemort."