Helping Haiti Heal Finale Today at 2PM on LiveStream

Charity
Posted by: Edward
February 06, 2010, 01:08 PM

Join us for the grand finale for the the Helping Haiti Heal fundraising drive today at 2pm EST, when a final webcast featuring three wizard rock bands will give us a recap of the events of the past two weeks.  In that very short time, over $112,000 has been raised for Partners In Health.  That amount, given by you and your fellow fans across fandom lines, has made it possible for three cargo planes filled with lifesaving supplies to be able to make their way to Haiti.  Best of all: Partners in Health has agreed name those three planes Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

Don't forget, the time to donate is now!  We will be accepting donations until 11:59pm EST tonight, February 6, 2010.  You can still enter to win a full set of signed Harry Potter books and many more awesome gifts based on your donation level.  100% of your donation will go toward relief - by visiting this page.

Just yesterday, Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling sent this special message to all those who have donated and supported this effort:
To everyone who has helped raise such an incredible amount for the earthquake survivors in Haiti: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
Like many others, I made a personal donation to the DEC shortly after the earthquake happened; but never did I expect such an amazing response from all of you.  You cannot imagine how awed, moved and humbled I am to know that planes named Harry, Ron and Hermione are going to be flying off to help.  I did not need this to remind me how extraordinary Harry’s fans are, but you keep giving me proofs. THANK YOU! - Jo
See you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Charity News

Hpdh_thumb

awesome its time

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on February 07, 2010, 06:13 AM report to moderator

This is wonderful! I love the fact that we can prove ourselves. We aren’t a bunch of geeky Harry Potter fans that are in love with a fantasy series, we are real people who know we can make the world a better place. This is a true demonstration of what we can all really do. We can not only imagine better, we will work to make the world a much better place.

Posted by Miss RAB on February 07, 2010, 06:51 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Wow! Nice planes! Great job to everyone who donated!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 07, 2010, 07:33 AM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Awesome guys!! I joined in and had so much fun :DDD I’m proud of this fandom

Posted by da_member0808 on February 07, 2010, 07:45 AM report to moderator
Hp-lupin-wand-short-100_thumb

Great job everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Lucida on February 07, 2010, 08:29 AM report to moderator
Royaltyofnarniaavie3_thumb

Nooo, I missed it… Who was on? Well, I can only be incredibly happy because it seems we raised 118000$ How awesome is that! I was so surprised and awed everytime… when it was $10K, then $50K and then going to the 7th horcrux $70K… And look now, it’s amazing, I would never have imagined it would be so much! I’m so proud to call myself a Harry Potter fan!!

Posted by lollifant on February 07, 2010, 09:20 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am upset that I missed it but am yet again impressed by the spirit, generosity, enthusiasm, unity, and love displayed through this event and evident in this entire fandom. Our capacity to come together for this cause would truly please Dumbledore.

Posted by Kirk on February 07, 2010, 10:29 AM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

Awesome!!!

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on February 07, 2010, 11:47 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I’m so glad that we’ve succeeded! It’s days like this that makes life more fulfilling, seeing the kindness of others. This brings tears to my eyes. I’m thankful to belong to a group like this.

Posted by molly43 on February 07, 2010, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

YAY for Haiti! But why do they have to make it at 2pm? because for me, in my time zone that I’m in right now, its going to be 2AM!!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 07, 2010, 03:12 PM report to moderator
Ukrain_cover_sm2_thumb

How awesome! I love that this community comes together and does this kind of stuff. And wicked that the planes will have Harry, Ron, Hermione names!
But… Um… how come some of the items on that page are now gone? I know I donated for something that is no longer listed, and I swear there were many more items then there are now. Am I missing a page 2?

Posted by heartless_wench on February 07, 2010, 04:00 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Our community amazes me with our generosity! I’m so glad to be a part of it! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on February 07, 2010, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Great job everyone!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on February 07, 2010, 09:32 PM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

Hats off to all in the HP community — starting with Jo herself — for making the Leaky HHH drive such a HUGE success. It will make a real difference in the lives of people in Haiti, I am sure.

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on February 08, 2010, 02:00 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

thay is so awesome! it proves just how strong our fandom can be!!!!!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 08, 2010, 02:14 AM report to moderator

"You do not seek to kill me, Dumbledore?" called Voldemort, his scarlet eyes narrowed over the top of the shield. "Above such brutality, are you?"