Emma Watson Talks Epilogue Filming, Life as as University Student and More in New Interview

Watson Interviews
Posted by: Edward
February 06, 2010, 12:01 PM

Actress Emma Watson has given a new interview to the Daiy Express newspaper in the UK in which the Hermione Granger actress discusses her life as a university student, a desire for a normal life, her experience working on the Harry Potter films, and the Epilogue scenes.  On the subject of the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films, Miss Watson relates that ultimately wrapping filming will be an "uncontrollable" experience, saying: "It's been half of our lives.  It's made us, it's formed us.  It's such a bit part of my life so it will be really sad."  She goes on to note the following in regards to the much talked about Epilogue scene, which shows the Trio sending their own children off to Hogwarts: "We will look like 40-year-olds... I can't wait to see that."

The interview continues with Emma Watson relating her life outside of her Harry Potter experience, as a "normal" university student.  The paper reports:
“I probably sound like a paranoid nut but I’m doing this because I want to be normal,” says the actress who gave up childhood friends, sleep- overs, clubs and boozing for fame. “I really want anonymity.”
In London last year she left her family home and moved into a flat in a terraced house she shares with a friend and she sought out a similar experience in the US. Her Potter co-star Daniel ­Radcliffe warned her not to live in a university dormitory with an un known room-mate but she ignored his advice and moved in with a girl named Sophie. “I want to do it properly, like everyone else,” she says. “As long as I don’t walk in and see Harry Potter posters everywhere I’ll be fine.”
...
“You’re encouraged to be broad and choose many different subjects,” she says. “For someone who has missed as much school as I have I want to go back and discover what else there is. I always loved school. I was a proper, proper nerd. I just want that back again.”
The full interview may be read at the link above, while a scan of the article can be found here.

Many thanks to SnitchSeeker!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

Phoenixlament_normal_normal_thumb

How did I put three comments??? AND at the same minute?! Something’s wrong…

Posted by DH Obsessed [ROAR!] on February 08, 2010, 08:07 PM report to moderator
Presentation1_normal_thumb

.it’s nice to know that hermione and emma have common a common thing.. nerds.,well, thats according to her..i hope she would be really successful and happy with her decision..good luck!:D

Posted by chRiStiNe [(ROAR)] on February 08, 2010, 11:42 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

wow. she really is amazing. there’s no need to be like everyone else, if you’re someone that amazing. and i mean, define normal. nobody’s normal. she’s just famous, and i hope she finds it enjoyable at least in some ways. id hate for her to be unhappy

Posted by MaggieNoise on February 09, 2010, 05:15 AM report to moderator

I hope that Emma has a wonderful time at university and that people will be respectful to her and allow her to have some privacy.

Posted by Kami Malfoy on February 09, 2010, 12:24 PM report to moderator

I’m so glad that they are not going to use different actors to film the epilogue, although it’ll be strange to see them as 40-somethings.

Posted by Kami Malfoy on February 09, 2010, 12:28 PM report to moderator

She’s going to have a rough time not seeing Potter posters :p

Posted by Professor Witchard on February 09, 2010, 12:40 PM report to moderator

I hope Sophie appreciates how incredible Emma is and treats her well.

Posted by Kami Malfoy on February 09, 2010, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Good for her! I hope she gets everything she wants. :o)

Funny-pictures-owl-does-not-want-to-fly_1__thumb

I say that it’s great that “Emma” wants to go search her life, let her go find new adventures, who doesn’t. Perhaps we will see her again. She is still very young with a whole life in front of her. I will be looking forward in seeing the “Epilogue”, and am also very sad that its almost the end of Harry Potter. I will keep re-reading and watching the movies over and over again which will still be keeping the whole Harry Potter alive for as long as I believe.

Posted by hpwatcher on February 10, 2010, 08:04 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Very nice!

Posted by Won_Two on May 20, 2010, 02:46 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

That’s awsome for her!

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on June 13, 2010, 12:20 PM report to moderator
He_was

I SO envy this ‘Sophie’. The bit about being a nerd, though? LOL!!

Posted by RupertFanatic101 on July 18, 2010, 10:17 AM report to moderator
Hermione_-_poa_thumb

Wow. I would kill to be Emma’s roommate, but would respect her wishes of no HP posters on the wall and I could refrain from talking constantly about it.

Posted by hermioneginnyluna on September 03, 2010, 09:54 PM report to moderator

The fire in the goblet had just turned red again. Sparks were flying out of it. A long flame shot suddenly into the air, and borne upon it was another piece of parchment...[br]There was a long pause, during which Dumbledore stared at the slip in his hands