Emma Watson Talks Epilogue Filming, Life as as University Student and More in New Interview

Watson Interviews
Posted by: Edward
February 06, 2010, 12:01 PM

Actress Emma Watson has given a new interview to the Daiy Express newspaper in the UK in which the Hermione Granger actress discusses her life as a university student, a desire for a normal life, her experience working on the Harry Potter films, and the Epilogue scenes.  On the subject of the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films, Miss Watson relates that ultimately wrapping filming will be an "uncontrollable" experience, saying: "It's been half of our lives.  It's made us, it's formed us.  It's such a bit part of my life so it will be really sad."  She goes on to note the following in regards to the much talked about Epilogue scene, which shows the Trio sending their own children off to Hogwarts: "We will look like 40-year-olds... I can't wait to see that."

The interview continues with Emma Watson relating her life outside of her Harry Potter experience, as a "normal" university student.  The paper reports:
“I probably sound like a paranoid nut but I’m doing this because I want to be normal,” says the actress who gave up childhood friends, sleep- overs, clubs and boozing for fame. “I really want anonymity.”
In London last year she left her family home and moved into a flat in a terraced house she shares with a friend and she sought out a similar experience in the US. Her Potter co-star Daniel ­Radcliffe warned her not to live in a university dormitory with an un known room-mate but she ignored his advice and moved in with a girl named Sophie. “I want to do it properly, like everyone else,” she says. “As long as I don’t walk in and see Harry Potter posters everywhere I’ll be fine.”
...
“You’re encouraged to be broad and choose many different subjects,” she says. “For someone who has missed as much school as I have I want to go back and discover what else there is. I always loved school. I was a proper, proper nerd. I just want that back again.”
The full interview may be read at the link above, while a scan of the article can be found here.

Many thanks to SnitchSeeker!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

Img_4237_thumb

She’s a really down to earth girl. Go, Emma!

Posted by Taylor on February 07, 2010, 03:19 PM report to moderator
Img_4237_thumb

She’s a really down to earth girl. Go, Emma!

Posted by Taylor on February 07, 2010, 03:19 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Lovely interview… glad Emma is doing her own thing now and going to college. :

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on February 07, 2010, 04:48 PM report to moderator
Bitch_and_baby_thumb

Emma is awesome. this is a great interview :]

Posted by TheGirlWhoLived♥ on February 07, 2010, 05:40 PM report to moderator
Me__thumb

I do wish she woud stay in the spotlight though. Mainly for the fact that she is s uch a good role model for young girls.

Posted by AidenWeasley on February 07, 2010, 07:28 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Great interview! Of course everybody in Brown knows who she is, however she is still there, so everything is fine for her.

Posted by Pollytomat on February 07, 2010, 07:41 PM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

Proper, proper nerd….That’s awesome!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on February 07, 2010, 08:38 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

One of the best things about Emma Watson is that she’s really grounded. This was a nice interview

Posted by hermione198k on February 07, 2010, 08:54 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I hope she has a wonderful experience!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on February 07, 2010, 09:29 PM report to moderator

emma is great :)

Posted by Freya-Storm on February 08, 2010, 12:50 AM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

I’m surprised she choose Brown over Princeton tho. Both have easy (comparatively speaking of course) access to multiple international airports, so she could get to the west coast of the US or to Europe quickly, as well as to NYC or Boston. But Princeton has an established history of working with young actors, such as Brooke Shield, who wish to go to college. Both are of course “private elite” universities, but one is considered better than the other. Her intent, last I knew, was to study French literature and philosophy….

Also, while Watson, Bonnie Wright and Evanna Lynch have moved on to university studies, I don’t think any of the young men have….I think the women are making better choices!

Posted by budb on February 08, 2010, 01:55 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

she is so awesome! really great interview!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 08, 2010, 02:12 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

she is a grate roll model for kids she sould be proud of her self

Posted by alicia00 on February 08, 2010, 02:28 AM report to moderator

I wonder if Dan had a bad experience with unknown roommates…

Posted by The Pure-Blood Prince on February 08, 2010, 04:25 AM report to moderator
Araneus_diadematus_thumb

Emma has expressed such a lack of interest in acting that I totally believe she will be “retired” by the age of 25. After Potter, she will probably try a few more things just to see if it’s for her or not (she is not inclined to quit because of mere fatigue or feeling like she’s “accomplished everything”) but at this point, I’m sure she’d rather be a teacher or writer or any number of other things besides actor.

I’m glad she stuck it out finishing off the Potter series, because I really like her in the role… but I respect Emma’s candor on this issue, and every time I hear she’s taken on another acting role, I have to admit I’m surprised.

Posted by Caracticus on February 08, 2010, 04:36 AM report to moderator

"What about those [i]Monster Books[/i], eh? The assistant nearly cried when we said we wanted two."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014