A Note from J.K. Rowling on "Helping Haiti Heal"

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Melissa
February 05, 2010, 11:10 AM

As of today, the Helping Haiti Heal effort has raised nearly $97,000. If we get to $105,000, Partners in Health will name the three full cargo planes (full of medical supplies and other desperately needed equipment) that we have funded after three wizards we know well: Harry, Ron, and Hermione. The trio will fly into Haiti to help.

We are very close to that goal. We still need your help to do it. But today, J.K. Rowling, hearing about all your AMAZING work so far, has passed along a message and specifically asked we share it here:

To everyone who has helped raise such an incredible amount for the earthquake survivors in Haiti: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Like many others, I made a personal donation to the DEC shortly after the earthquake happened; but never did I expect such an amazing response from all of you.  You cannot imagine how awed, moved and humbled I am to know that planes named Harry, Ron and Hermione are going to be flying off to help.  I did not need this to remind me how extraordinary Harry’s fans are, but you keep giving me proofs. THANK YOU! - Jo

Remember, you can still enter to win a full set of signed Harry Potter books and many more awesome prizes - AND 100% of your donation will go toward relief - by visiting this page.  Also stay tuned for more announcements soon. If you can't donate, tell someone who can. If you know someone who might want to take part but might not know about the effort, e-mail them right now. Tell your local news outlet. Tweet. We can get there with your help! Help send the trio to Haiti!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Phoenixlament_normal_normal_thumb

That’s great!

Posted by DH Obsessed [ROAR!] on February 06, 2010, 08:49 PM report to moderator
Phoenixlament_normal_normal_thumb

I love what Partners in Health has been doing.

Posted by DH Obsessed [ROAR!] on February 06, 2010, 08:50 PM report to moderator
Phoenixlament_normal_normal_thumb

HHH rocks!

Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

cool. Jo’s the best

Posted by MaggieNoise on February 07, 2010, 02:27 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

Thats amazing!

Posted by The Nerd on February 07, 2010, 07:28 AM report to moderator

I think it’s a brilliant idea to name the three relief supply planes after Harry, Ron & Hermione – the rescuers of the Wizarding world!

Posted by Kami Malfoy on February 07, 2010, 09:16 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Jo rules!

Posted by Won_Two on May 20, 2010, 02:44 PM report to moderator

"Potter," she said in ringing tones, "I will assist you to become an Auror if it is the last thing I do! If I have to coach you nightly I will make sure you achieve the required results!"