Confirmed: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One" to be Released in 3D

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
February 03, 2010, 01:29 PM

Word has come directly from WB today, that the first part of the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film will be released in 3D come its arrival in theaters this November.   The release of a 3D "Deathly Hallows" will appear along side a standard 2D version in theaters as well.  This confirmation came after many rumors circulating around the internet about a possible 3D release for both films.  In a press release, WB noted, in part:
In making the announcement, Dan Fellman, President, Domestic Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures, said, “We are experienced and have been successful in the conversion of 2D to 3D going back to such hits as ‘The Polar Express,’ select scenes in ‘Superman Returns’ and the last two Harry Potter films.”
Fellman continued, “We are confident in the constantly evolving 3D technology, and the results for ‘Clash of the Titans’ will be presented onscreen with the highest-quality images available today.  Based on our track record, we know that audiences are embracing the RealD and IMAX experiences, and we see many opportunities on our film slate to provide moviegoers with these great options at the multiplex.”
Jeff Robinov, President, Warner Bros. Picture Group, said, “We’re excited about 3D and look forward to bringing a rich, involving visual experience to audiences around the world.”
Additional titles on Warner Bros. Pictures’ 2010 film slate that will be released in 3D (in addition to 2D) include “Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore” (July), “Guardians of Ga’Hoole” (September) and “Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows, Part 1” (November).
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One" is set for release on November 19, 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Banana_l_thumb

Keep filling your pockets WB, they’re not full enough…

nine9isfine, I totally agree with you.

Posted by Iceholic on February 04, 2010, 05:46 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

great.. now im more excited for this movie…can’t really wait..

Posted by alegria35 on February 04, 2010, 06:30 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

why some people can be negative with things such as having 3D of a film, I just cannot comprehend… if you don’t like seeing it in 3D, watch it the usual way, 2D… it’s still the same HP…

i’m sure no matter what you say, how expensive the ticket for a 3D movie is, you will still see it in 3D after youd seen it in 2D… i know you can’t resist.. peace! :c

Posted by alegria35 on February 04, 2010, 06:36 PM report to moderator
Dobbyafreeelf_thumb

Uhh.. Avatar made me sick in 3D. I hope I don’t end up being forced to watch it in 3D with my friends or something and have it ruined the first time.. :P

Posted by Promote Elfish Welfare [*SQUEE*] on February 04, 2010, 06:45 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Great! I’ll watch it both in 2D and 3D. Is there any 4D version? Just kidding!! :-)

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on February 04, 2010, 06:53 PM report to moderator

i wish these sites would stop saying “deathly hallows part I in 3d” everyone here and their inbred cousin knows noth parts are doing it

Posted by hallowman on February 04, 2010, 11:13 PM report to moderator

both*

Posted by hallowman on February 04, 2010, 11:13 PM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Well I think it’s kind of exciting :)
So, can a 3D movie work in a regular movie theater or, is it kind of like IMAX (or maybe 3D is IMAX?) because, the only theater anyplace near me is just a regular theater. Anyhows, I’m real excited for DH in any D :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on February 05, 2010, 02:03 AM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

The reason that those of us who prefer 2D (my reason for preferring 2D is that 3D tends to make me nauseous) don’t like the 3D decision – is that it may be hard to find it in 2D. Avatar had both 2D and 3D, but the 2D showings were far and few between. It looks odd to watch a 3D converted movie without the 3D glasses – so that doesn’t work. The theaters have to choose to show the 2D version on one screen, and the 3D on another. I hope the big theaters do this, but they may not. On the other hand – I wonder if the naked Dan scenes will be in 3D?

Posted by sueml on February 05, 2010, 03:44 AM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

It might be interesting, but depending on how true to the book it is I really don’t want to see Mad Eye plunging to the ground or any of the other dark spots for that matter in 3D. Now the battle between Molly & Bellatrix…that may be another matter. :)

Posted by Xyra44 on February 05, 2010, 06:14 AM report to moderator

oh gosh come on ppl.. they know some people dont like 3D movies as much…. thats exactly why they also have a 2D version available too…
but anyways i cant wait for DH!! november is too far away. wahh. :(

Posted by iLoveNeville on February 05, 2010, 06:39 AM report to moderator
Neaqtw_th_thumb

NOOO! 3D makes everything so childish!

Posted by GryffindorGarstang on February 05, 2010, 08:25 AM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

I saw Avatar in 3D, and I’m not a fan. There’s a big difference between movies made in 3D and movies made for 3D. Avatar worked because most of it was digital effects, but I wasn’t impressed. I think I will want to see it in 2D before I see it in 3D, but that’s just me… Not of fan of movies made in 3D, not for 3D.

There’s a difference between made in 3D and made for 3D. All of those 4D attractions in theme parks are made for 3D and have stuff popping out at you and everything, made in 3D, like Avatar and now DH, its just kind of floating. I’ll still see it in 3D, but I’ll see it 2D first. That will probably make a difference in how I enjoy it.

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on February 05, 2010, 09:44 AM report to moderator

I will definitely be going to see DH, Part I multiple times. I plan to watch both versions and expect that both will be fantastic. Harry Potter is based on a great story, it’s not just a showcase for the 3D technology, so I’m not worried that the quality of the movie is going to be sacrificed in favor of the effects.

Posted by Kami Malfoy on February 05, 2010, 10:40 AM report to moderator

@Scarlet-Phoenix – Don’t you think it is a bit premature to call for a boycott of 3D when the film hasn’t even been released yet? If you don’t want to see it in 3D that’s fine, that’s your perogative, I’m sure no one is going to attempt to force you to against your will. “Siriusly” though, why not give it a chance & actually watch it before you pass judgement on it? Just my two knuts worth….

Posted by Kami Malfoy on February 05, 2010, 11:55 AM report to moderator

"I think the Chamber has been locked for good this time. The culprit must have known it was only a matter of time before I caught him. Rather sensible to stop now, before I came down hard on him."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014