Confirmed: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One" to be Released in 3D

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
February 03, 2010, 01:29 PM

Word has come directly from WB today, that the first part of the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film will be released in 3D come its arrival in theaters this November.   The release of a 3D "Deathly Hallows" will appear along side a standard 2D version in theaters as well.  This confirmation came after many rumors circulating around the internet about a possible 3D release for both films.  In a press release, WB noted, in part:
In making the announcement, Dan Fellman, President, Domestic Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures, said, “We are experienced and have been successful in the conversion of 2D to 3D going back to such hits as ‘The Polar Express,’ select scenes in ‘Superman Returns’ and the last two Harry Potter films.”
Fellman continued, “We are confident in the constantly evolving 3D technology, and the results for ‘Clash of the Titans’ will be presented onscreen with the highest-quality images available today.  Based on our track record, we know that audiences are embracing the RealD and IMAX experiences, and we see many opportunities on our film slate to provide moviegoers with these great options at the multiplex.”
Jeff Robinov, President, Warner Bros. Picture Group, said, “We’re excited about 3D and look forward to bringing a rich, involving visual experience to audiences around the world.”
Additional titles on Warner Bros. Pictures’ 2010 film slate that will be released in 3D (in addition to 2D) include “Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore” (July), “Guardians of Ga’Hoole” (September) and “Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows, Part 1” (November).
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One" is set for release on November 19, 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

I don’t have any experience with 3D. we shall see. I’m curious.

Posted by Matea on February 04, 2010, 09:01 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

I don’t have any experience with 3D. we shall see. I’m curious.

Posted by Matea on February 04, 2010, 09:12 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

I don’t have any experience with 3D. we shall see. I’m curious.

Posted by Matea on February 04, 2010, 09:12 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

Awsom. thoguh i will probley still see it in 2d

Posted by The Nerd on February 04, 2010, 09:14 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

Awsom. thoguh i will probley still see it in 2d

Posted by The Nerd on February 04, 2010, 09:14 AM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

I thought the ootp scenes in 3-d were amazing, I wish they’d done the cave scene in hbp. I will definitely see the IMAX 3-d version of DH. worth the $$ for me.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on February 04, 2010, 09:19 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

I’m not into the 3D thing. I can take it or leave it. And I’ll probably leave it because I don’t want to shell out the big bucks for 3D.

Posted by Lady of the Lake on February 04, 2010, 10:05 AM report to moderator
Bookworm_thumb

I was disappointed that so little of HBP was in 3D, so I’m looking forward to seeing all of DH that way…but I’ll probably watch the regular version first.

Posted by Bookworm Jen on February 04, 2010, 10:17 AM report to moderator
Lunanargles_thumb

that’s soooo cool! so watching it in 3D

Posted by calliet2b4g on February 04, 2010, 10:49 AM report to moderator

Here’s why I’m mad. They have NOT earned the right to do it in 3D. That is something that takes a lot of time to do. The past films have not been good enough in the editing, dialogue, and acting. They need to focus on making a solid good film first before they focus on bonus things. I don’t care how it looks visually, I just want a great film for once! And apparantly they have enough time to make it a good film since they have the time to do the 3D. It’s just frustrating, i’m frustrated with the direction movies are going. Avatar is so popular but it is really a crap movie. I don’t care how pretty it is, I want a good story, good acting, good characters, and a good screenplay.

Posted by nine9isfine on February 04, 2010, 10:54 AM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

Awasome news!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on February 04, 2010, 11:05 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

I think that is so awesome! after avatar…if they could make it like that that would be amazing! but i also like the 2D! but i think the 3D will be fun!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 04, 2010, 11:46 AM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

dont you love how they include those crap movies like Revenge of the Kitties in the same press release with Harry Potter. Im tickled beyond recognnition

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on February 04, 2010, 11:46 AM report to moderator
Paul_thumb

I am looking forward to seeing part 1 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in 3-D when it comes out in November, I like to see movies in 3-D as well as 2-D.

Posted by pcsmith21 on February 04, 2010, 11:53 AM report to moderator
Paul_thumb

Posted by pcsmith21 on February 04, 2010, 11:53 AM report to moderator

"Never," said Hagrid irritably, "try an' get a straight answer out of a centaur. Ruddy stargazers. Not interested in anythin' closer'n the moon."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014