More from Ciaran Hinds on "the Unheard of Dumbledore" in "Deathly Hallows"

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Edward
February 26, 2010, 06:23 PM

There are a pair of new interviews online with actor Ciaran Hinds, who is set to portray the character of Aberforth Dumbledore in the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films, in which more is revealed about his involvement in the production.  FIrst, Collider has a video interview online in which Mr. Hinds discusses the time he spent on set, his knowledge of the role and books before filming, and his experience working with the cast.  Noting that he "did about five days work on [the film]," he related he felt "honored to join the Harry Potter club" and be associated with the films.  Calling his Aberforth "the unheard of Dumbledore," Hinds went on to speak about the kind of "genuinely fantastic" prosthetics used to transform his visage into one resembling being a part of the Dumbledore family.

A second interview comes courtesy of MovieWeb.com focuses more on the experience Mr. Hinds had while filming for the "Deathly Hallows" film. Quoteage:
What has it been like to play Aberforth in the Harry Potter films?
Ciarán Hinds: He is not in it for very long. I must warn you. Again, it was a great thrill just to be in it. He's not that involved in the story. I think he comes in near the very end, where he comes in and saves the gang from being torn apart by Dementors. He actually explains to Harry and Hermione, and Ron, the history of his brother when they were young. Even though he's gotten a few black marks for his behavior. They go through the whole cycle of it. But I'm not sure where that is going to be added to the story. It was a mystery to me why I was thrown into the pot. When I took a look at all of the other actors there, I have to say...I was very thrilled to be a part of it. I don't even know if you'll be able to recognize me in this. Hopefully I will look like Michael Gambon's younger brother. It was great fun to play.
What was it like to step onto that set for the first time?
Ciarán Hinds: It all looked pretty crazy. My major scene took place in a small room. It was a room under the pub that he ran. It was very much contained, the scene that I had to do. Then I had to shoot for two more days, where they had me running around this huge set. It had been ripped apart in a Morlock battle. It was covered with people running around waving a wand in a certain direction. That was the mad part of it that I just had one day on. Last January. Most of the stuff I did in the film was contained in a small room.
Many thanks to Snitch Seeker for the info!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

I think Ciarán Hinds will be good as Aberforth. He’s good at being gruff with underlying emotion. I hope they have another goat hanging around that small set.

Posted by nellythemarrow on February 26, 2010, 06:36 PM report to moderator
Reliquiasdelamuerte_thumb

Wow, I’m impressed with their choice of character for Aberborth, I think he will definitely portray Dumbledore’s brother perfectly!

Posted by IHeartHarryPotter on February 26, 2010, 06:55 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

What i love about Harry Potter films is how they pick excellent talented actors.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on February 26, 2010, 07:35 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

ACCIO NOVEMBER AND NEXT JULY XD

Choco_dementor_thumb

@DiamondWings, I so agree with you :)

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on February 26, 2010, 08:20 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

At first I was afraid he was only in the pub scene but his comment about running around a large set relaxes me with the hope that he stuck around for the final battle. Yay! :)

Posted by eiVega on February 26, 2010, 08:33 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I am dying to see the Deathly Hallows! I CANNOT WAIT! EEK!

Upclose_of_me_thumb

Very cool! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on February 26, 2010, 09:24 PM report to moderator
Banana_l_thumb

Goat!

Posted by Iceholic on February 26, 2010, 11:39 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

he got tossed right in and i hope he’s great i know he will be

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on February 27, 2010, 12:23 AM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

He seems right for the role. I like that they are going to include him in the battle. It looks like they are going to let everyone get a little battle on which i like a lot.

Posted by decarus on February 27, 2010, 12:44 AM report to moderator
Cryonmyshoulder2_thumb

You’d think it would be hard to play a character when you have no idea your importance or where you even come in the story! Nonetheless, I’m sure he’ll be great _

Posted by kingdomkey1121 on February 27, 2010, 01:20 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

cool i all was wanted to kno what he was going to look like

Posted by alicia00 on February 27, 2010, 08:22 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I think it’s cool that he was excited to be there – he knows he is part of something special!

Morlock? Noy part of the HP lexicon…

Posted by Dawna on February 27, 2010, 08:42 AM report to moderator

Ron's wand was still malfunctioning, surpassing itself on Friday morning by shooting out of Ron's hand in Charms and hitting tiny old Professor Flitwick squarely between the eyes, creating a large, throbbing green boil where it had struck.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014