Helena Bonham Carter Talks More About Bellatrix, Battle with Mrs. Weasley in "Deathly Hallows"

Bonham Carter Interviews
Posted by: Edward
February 26, 2010, 03:49 PM

RottenTomatoes.com has a new profile online of actress Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange) which features some new details of her character in the Harry Potter final film.  The actress relates the following in the interview:

And it'll be quite the moment, she explained. "I do get a good death scene," she told us. "It was really exhausting. As usual! [I'm] duelling, with a wand, on a table. I fell right off. I was clever enough to say, 'If you're going to ask me to duel, backwards, can we put a stuntman at the end?' They said, 'Ah, you won't need one.' And what did I do? Walked straight off.
"You'd think with 70 people looking at you, one of them would go, 'Er, could you stop?!' No! They loved it. I nearly killed myself -- on the day that I died."
She continues, speaking to the kind of character she created for Bellatrix, a character which "wasn't on the page."  Quoteage:
I did think, What can I do to make this interesting? She was just written as tall and gaunt, but I knew there was something I got attracted to -- playing arrested development. You know, children. Bellatrix is another child -- stuck and totally anarchic."
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" will appear in theaters in two installments; the first in November 2011, the second in July 2011.  Thanks Kimmy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Bonham Carter Interviews News

Img_44501_thumb

can’t wait to see ittt

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on February 26, 2010, 08:00 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I love her playing Bellatrix! She’s perfect! Can’t wait to see her in the last movies. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on February 26, 2010, 09:21 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

Very interesting what she said about arrested development. She does play bellatrix as a very childish character. I’m not sure if I completely agree with her interpretation of bellatrix though.

Posted by sgreeter8888 on February 26, 2010, 10:16 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

she has done an amazing job with a character that i hate
i know hte battle will be epic

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on February 27, 2010, 12:25 AM report to moderator

They better leave that line in there its a classic.

Posted by dobby_rocks on February 27, 2010, 01:12 AM report to moderator

Wow… :D I can’t wait! :D

Posted by Mairéad on February 27, 2010, 02:51 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

haha i love her

Posted by alicia00 on February 27, 2010, 08:14 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I love this interview, but I don’t want too many details about the film!!!

Hp__neville__s_patronus_by_pen_umbra_thumb

Ha. Helena NAILED Bellatrix.

Posted by All Was Well on February 27, 2010, 09:17 AM report to moderator
7_the_forest_again__book__thumb

i love helena bonham carter! …still if “not my daughter, you bitch!” isn’t in this scene, WB is going DOWN!!! it’s a line practically made for the movies! plus they know its going to end up rated PG-13 anyway..

Posted by bcfgrg on February 27, 2010, 10:19 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

My expectations about Bellatrix’ death in the film are so big that it will be very difficult not to be disappointed! The scene must be epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Pollytomat on February 27, 2010, 01:27 PM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

She is perfect as Bellatrix!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on February 27, 2010, 01:33 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

LOL Helena! “I nearly killed myself – on the day I died!” She’s so amazing, I can’t wait to see her in DH Part 2!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 27, 2010, 11:41 PM report to moderator
Debon1_thumb

She is so pretty !

Posted by Rebeka Potter <3 on February 28, 2010, 01:11 AM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

Helena’s interview was amusing, especially her line of nearly dying on the day her character died. LOL!

Posted by leigia on February 28, 2010, 04:46 AM report to moderator

"[Harry's] not a child!" said Sirius impatiently.[br]"He's not an adult either!" said Mrs. Weasley, the color rising in her cheeks. "He's not [i]James,[/i] Sirius!"[br]"I'm perfectly clear who he is, thanks, Molly," said Sirius coldly.