Helena Bonham Carter Talks More About Bellatrix, Battle with Mrs. Weasley in "Deathly Hallows"

Bonham Carter Interviews
Posted by: Edward
February 26, 2010, 03:49 PM

RottenTomatoes.com has a new profile online of actress Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange) which features some new details of her character in the Harry Potter final film.  The actress relates the following in the interview:

And it'll be quite the moment, she explained. "I do get a good death scene," she told us. "It was really exhausting. As usual! [I'm] duelling, with a wand, on a table. I fell right off. I was clever enough to say, 'If you're going to ask me to duel, backwards, can we put a stuntman at the end?' They said, 'Ah, you won't need one.' And what did I do? Walked straight off.
"You'd think with 70 people looking at you, one of them would go, 'Er, could you stop?!' No! They loved it. I nearly killed myself -- on the day that I died."
She continues, speaking to the kind of character she created for Bellatrix, a character which "wasn't on the page."  Quoteage:
I did think, What can I do to make this interesting? She was just written as tall and gaunt, but I knew there was something I got attracted to -- playing arrested development. You know, children. Bellatrix is another child -- stuck and totally anarchic."
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" will appear in theaters in two installments; the first in November 2011, the second in July 2011.  Thanks Kimmy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Bonham Carter Interviews News

Mugsp_profile_thumb

I LOVE it! So exciting. She’s so funny. This interview she says that she’s “mostly” in part 2. Does that give us hope that she may also be in part 1? It’s been confusing lately. Anyway, it’s great to hear from her as she promotes Alice. She’s really getting us all excited for the movies and giving me hopes for how well it’s going. They better keep the Molly line! Can’t wait! :)

Posted by eiVega on February 26, 2010, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

best line: “I nearly killed myself — on the day that I died.”

I REALLY hope we see this in the special features on the dvd. Or maybe even a blooper reel!

Posted by eiVega on February 26, 2010, 03:58 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

It sounds like her death scene is going to be perfect!! I cant wait to see her killed!!

Posted by LunaLuver on February 26, 2010, 04:29 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I hope they put this in: NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU B——! That’s all I gotta say :)

Posted by Christine on February 26, 2010, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Hikerpugs1_thumb

She’s such an amazing and versatile actress. I thought they should have used her to play Bellatrix’s sister Andromeda Tonks. She was supposed to look so much like her that Harry mistakes her for Bellatrix for a moment.

Posted by rosepug on February 26, 2010, 04:59 PM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

i love her i cant wait

Posted by LilLadySnape on February 26, 2010, 05:03 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Bella should be in part one anyway, for the Dark Lord ascending chapter. She might appear in the seven Potters chase, Hence we can’t really draw any conclusion as to where the spilt will be.

Posted by roonwit on February 26, 2010, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Hp-lupin-wand-short-100_thumb

Yeah I was thinking they would get her to be Andromeda too, so far we haven’t heard anything about her, I hope they don’t cut her out. :(

Posted by Lucida on February 26, 2010, 05:07 PM report to moderator

I love Bellatrix! I can’t wait to see the scene!

Posted by ravenclaw_girl42 on February 26, 2010, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I cannot wait to see this particular scene in the final film and hope that they do make her death as beautifully epic as it was in the book. Incorporating one of the best lines in the series will do it. _

Posted by Kirk on February 26, 2010, 05:45 PM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

This has actually increased my excitement again, along with the good report about Snape’s death… I was beginning to be a little dubious after Alexandre Desplat was announced, but this is making things look really promising.

Posted by nellythemarrow on February 26, 2010, 06:06 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

She is so hilarious! I would fall off the table too!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 26, 2010, 06:06 PM report to moderator
Logo_revised_thumb

LOL, yes! They definitely had better get Molly’s line in that scene. How could they not??

Posted by Miss Hagrid on February 26, 2010, 06:58 PM report to moderator

Can’t wait to see her death scene, lol!

Posted by badger666 on February 26, 2010, 07:04 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Every new interview i keep getting more and more excited.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on February 26, 2010, 07:28 PM report to moderator

"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death -- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."