"Half-Blood Prince" Video Game Nominated for BAFTA Video Game Award

Video Games
Posted by: Rosi
February 24, 2010, 04:51 PM

The "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" video game has been nominated for a BAFTA Video Game Award. Mentioned in the nomination for Best Original Score is award-winning composer James Hannigan along with Zsolt Marx and Campbell Askew. The other nominated games in the Original Score category are "Assassin's Creed II," "Batman: Arkham Asylum," "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2," "PixelJunk Shooter" and "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves." The GAME British Academy Video Games Awards will take place on Friday 19th March. A full list of video games nominated for the various categories can be found at the BAFTA website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

Banana_l_thumb

Dawlish and the Archies, I’m actually going to look for my GB colour which has been gathering dust somewhere and buy those 2 games. I love FF VI (I assume it’s this one you mean), I’m actually replaying it right now. And that bit about Lockhart is hilarious :D I’ll give them a go.

Posted by Iceholic on February 25, 2010, 12:46 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

The HBP game is cool ! I play it again & again! :-D

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on February 25, 2010, 03:14 AM report to moderator

To the person who said the music is from the films, um, no it’s not. It’s written by James Hannigan and this is well deserved IMO. But I can’t find the soundtrack for sale anywhere. Could have sworn it used to be on sale!!!

Posted by DaveF on February 25, 2010, 11:38 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

thats grate but harry potter and the half blood prince video game was not my favorite or the best video game

Posted by alicia00 on February 25, 2010, 04:09 PM report to moderator
Snarry_thumb

um, upon reading this I just realized that without this HP game my life will not be complete. I must get this Muggle Game!

Posted by /Sav-vySlasher/ on February 25, 2010, 04:40 PM report to moderator
1103693411_picsoliver_thumb

Oooops, my mistake, even though the games music was very similar to the movies, I did not know it was indeed original. And Dawlish and the Archies, are you seriously asking legitimate Harry Potter video gamers to find a game boy color and track down a harry potter game boy game older than time just so we can have a decent Harry Potter video game? That’s a ridiculous task to fulfill. And why can’t I have a good HP game on a next generation console? And a HP game has not received a higher score from Gamespot than a 7.5, and that was a long time ago, in fact that was on the HP GBA game you mentioned; and recent HP game have scored even lower.

Posted by Squire McDuffin on February 25, 2010, 05:55 PM report to moderator

Do they seriously deserve an award? I like the look of the games and the way Hogwarts is shown, but they tend to get boring after a few hours due to the look of things to do and because lots of areas cannot be explored

Posted by Smonocco on February 27, 2010, 01:12 PM report to moderator

"Well, now we know what to do next time I can't manage a spell," Harry said, throwing a rune dictionary back to Hermione, so he could try again, "threaten me with a dragon. Right..." He raised his wand once more. [i]"Accio Dictionary!"[/i]