Helena Bonham Carter: "Fun" Playing Hermione as Bellatrix in "Deathly Hallows"

Bonham Carter Interviews
Posted by: Edward
February 23, 2010, 12:49 PM

Actress Helena Bonham Carter has given an interview for the Dish Rag Blog on Zap2It.com in which the Bellatrix Lestrange actress spoke briefly of the role of her character in the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films.  Describing Bellatrix as a "horrible... not a cuddly, creature," she goes on to say:

She is sort of Voldemort's right hand woman and she's sadistic and I've killed.  I do really horrible things... I killed Sirius Black ages ago.  I kill Dobby in this one, and I torture Hermione.
Oh, that's what's fun is... I got to pretend to be Hermione because Hermione takes this potion that makes her look like me.  I had to act Hermione pretending to be me...  It was fun being seventeen.
The interview continues with Helena Bonham Carter describing her admiration for the Trio; actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley); as well as the stores she finds her often unique and offbeat clothes.

The video is available to view here thanks to our amazing Galleries crew.

The first part of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" is slated for a November 19th release, while the second part will arrive in theaters on July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Bonham Carter Interviews News

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Oh this movie will be epic, I so hope they pull it off

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 24, 2010, 10:56 AM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Awesome! I can’t wait to see Helene’s wonderful acting. Those scenes are going to be intense.

Posted by da_member0808 on February 24, 2010, 12:40 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

That scene is going to be so exciting!

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on February 24, 2010, 01:27 PM report to moderator
Hp__neville__s_patronus_by_pen_umbra_thumb

Ha, that’ll be awesome…

Posted by All Was Well on February 24, 2010, 01:36 PM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

she rox!

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on February 24, 2010, 04:06 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

This is the most hilarious scene, can’t wait for Deathly Hallows!

Posted by Fawkes1706 on February 24, 2010, 05:58 PM report to moderator

Its going to be great! I wonder if the video of part 1 will be available before part 2 comes out? To refresh before seeing part 2…

Posted by Dawna on February 24, 2010, 06:40 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I’m really looking forward to DH. Seeing as Helena Bonham Carter excels in every role she is cast in, I can’t wait to see how she acts as Hermione. It will be a very interesting scene! The Malfoy Manor and Gringotts scenes will be great, just because she’s in it. Her performance in HBP was phenomenal, and it sent chills down my spine.

Posted by CarinaPotter (ROAR!) on February 24, 2010, 07:37 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

She’s so great! Bellatrix is the perfect villan! it would be so fun to act someone acting the part that your acting wow did that make any sense at all?

Posted by Jacket on February 24, 2010, 08:42 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_me_thumb

I’m looking forward to this scene. She’ll do a great job! c:

Posted by ☆Erica Yearely☆ on February 25, 2010, 10:19 AM report to moderator
Lily_evans_thumb

Helena is so cool.

Posted by Athenamalfoy on February 26, 2010, 12:51 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I cannot WAIT to see this scene!!! I know HBC will be amazing! :o)

Avi_thumb

love her so much, i’m soo looking forward to seeing this scene!!

Posted by DesQueJteVois on February 26, 2010, 11:32 AM report to moderator
Avpmtexic35_thumb

Soooo excited, she is such a great actress. I can’t wait for the next two movies!

Posted by Forever Weasleys ROAR!! on February 26, 2010, 02:25 PM report to moderator

She’s really funny!

Posted by hp's dead account on February 27, 2010, 01:04 PM report to moderator

"Yeh always wait fer the hippogriff ter make the firs' move... It's polite, see? Yeh walk toward him, and yeh bow, an' yeh wait. If he bows back, yeh're allowed ter touch him. If he doesn' bow, then get away from him sharpish, 'cause those talons hurt."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014