Helena Bonham Carter: "Fun" Playing Hermione as Bellatrix in "Deathly Hallows"

Bonham Carter Interviews
Posted by: Edward
February 23, 2010, 12:49 PM

Actress Helena Bonham Carter has given an interview for the Dish Rag Blog on Zap2It.com in which the Bellatrix Lestrange actress spoke briefly of the role of her character in the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films.  Describing Bellatrix as a "horrible... not a cuddly, creature," she goes on to say:

She is sort of Voldemort's right hand woman and she's sadistic and I've killed.  I do really horrible things... I killed Sirius Black ages ago.  I kill Dobby in this one, and I torture Hermione.
Oh, that's what's fun is... I got to pretend to be Hermione because Hermione takes this potion that makes her look like me.  I had to act Hermione pretending to be me...  It was fun being seventeen.
The interview continues with Helena Bonham Carter describing her admiration for the Trio; actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley); as well as the stores she finds her often unique and offbeat clothes.

The video is available to view here thanks to our amazing Galleries crew.

The first part of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" is slated for a November 19th release, while the second part will arrive in theaters on July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Bonham Carter Interviews News

2vbx3b5_thumb

I can’t wait to see Helena in DH!! I just love her and she is so amazing! She really brings Bellatrix to life on screen with such perfection that she has actually made Bellatrix one of my favorite characters to watch and read. I’m dying to see the scenes with Hermione pretending to be Bellatrix. Its going to be incredible!

Posted by bella vita on February 23, 2010, 05:19 PM report to moderator
Helenabonhamcarterbellatrix_thumb

Love me some Bellatrix. shes probably one of my favorite characaters. im a sucker for a good nasty female villian. im so glad there keeping all of the bellatrix scenes in the movies.

Posted by geminidreamatl29 on February 23, 2010, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I just love her acting, when she acts you would never realise that she is actually a good person in real life. She plays her role as a Death Eater so well. Well she is my favourite Death Eater, she reminds me of myself if I were to be evil.
Can’t wait till the Deathly Hallows come out!

Snape_icons_collage_thumb

Oooo that would be fun!!! Love actor interviews… It gives some awesome insight to the Harry Potter set!!!

Posted by jhlovesmusic {^HISS^} on February 23, 2010, 05:40 PM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

i love how she was eating through the whole thing. sort of adorable.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on February 23, 2010, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Edith___thumb

hbc is wat kewl im goona c her in the mad hatter!

She’s such a good Bellatrix. I get chills everytime I here “I killed Sirius Black, I killed Sirius Black…” I can’t wait to see her as Hermione!

Posted by FGFG on February 23, 2010, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

love her!

Posted by Matea on February 23, 2010, 06:23 PM report to moderator
Snapshot_20081230_4_thumb

Aw! They filmed this already?? This gets me excited and sad at the same time.

Posted by Kristine_london on February 23, 2010, 06:24 PM report to moderator
Me_and_dan_orig_thumb

I can’t wait to see it! It’s going to be such a cool scene.

Posted by GinnyPotter811 on February 23, 2010, 06:29 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Great Interview!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 23, 2010, 06:40 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Great Interview!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 23, 2010, 06:40 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Oh my god I LOVE her! LOL. Nice interview!! =D<3333

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on February 23, 2010, 07:02 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

She’s a Great Actress… And I love hearing that an actor is having fun playing a role in Harry Potter…Even if she is playing a character I hate more than Voldemort!!! …
I need therapy… :-)

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on February 23, 2010, 07:25 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

I love this woman! Seriously, from the moment I saw her in Margaret’s Museum, I just wanted to watch every film she was in! Genius, gorgeous, and 100 percent authentic.

Posted by Smitch on February 23, 2010, 08:03 PM report to moderator

"I don't believe it, I'm still eight inches short...." said Ron furiously, letting go of his parchment, which sprang back into a roll. "And Hermione's done four feet seven inches and her writing's [i]tiny.[/i]"