Ciaran Hinds Talks Role as Aberforth in "Deathly Hallows"

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Edward
February 23, 2010, 01:04 AM

Actor Ciaran Hinds, who will be portraying the character of Aberforth Dumbledore in the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films, was interviewed by the Hill-man Morning Show which broadcasts out of WAAF in Boston earlier today.  In the interview, which can be heard here starting around the 5:15 mark, Mr. Hinds spoke very briefly about his part in the film, relating how "you might have a flash of my eyes in one of [the films]."  The actor went on to discuss his role as Aberforth by saying:

Basically I'm there to play one long scene where I explain to the kids - who are not kids anymore - about some part of the history of Albus Dumbledore's life that they weren't fully up to the mark in. But I did get, for one split second, someone put a wand in my hand and I got to flash it.
Many thanks to SS!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Hpdh_thumb

ABERFORTH = pure awesomeness

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on February 23, 2010, 01:22 AM report to moderator

i wonder if the wand part is when he sends the goat patronus down the alley when Harry, Ron and Hermione arrive…. I sure hope so, i like that scene.

Posted by hermione06 on February 23, 2010, 01:51 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

I hope he makes a perfect Aberforth! :)

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on February 23, 2010, 02:51 AM report to moderator
Hula_thumb

So they’re not going to keep the guy from the fifth film?

Posted by DarthWeetzie on February 23, 2010, 03:55 AM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Any part in Harry Potter, even if it is only for a split second or two is awesome. Looking forward to seeing it!

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on February 23, 2010, 05:21 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

I think he will be a perfect Aberforth.

Posted by Jane_Potter on February 23, 2010, 05:43 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW with just his eyes, he has that blue steel piercing look, he will make a terrific Aberforth dDumbledore!!!! I can hardly wait to see part one of Deathly Hallows!!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on February 23, 2010, 06:23 AM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

Mr. Hinds is a first class actor — he’s going to be a terrific Aberforth! Altho it seems from that picture that he has got BROWN eyes, not blue like Albus… wonder how they will play that angle. Oh, I can’t wait for those films!

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on February 23, 2010, 08:01 AM report to moderator
Araneus_diadematus_thumb

I think they will give him eyes the same colour as michael gambon with contacts, and since he’ll have grey hair, it’ll all look OK.

Richard Harris has such piercing blue eyes… I wonder if they were contacts.

I miss Richard Harris so :-(

Posted by Caracticus on February 23, 2010, 10:37 AM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

I am soo looking forward to his scenes as Aberforth – they will be totally awesome, Ciaran Hinds is just the right actor for the part. Like “The Major of Casterbridge” ( one of his best roles) he is perfect to play these tormented, haunted characters. The casting is spot on here, I am so happy !!

Posted by siena on February 23, 2010, 10:45 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

he so..young!?

Posted by Matea on February 23, 2010, 11:34 AM report to moderator

i wonder how old Aberforth is supposed to be if Dumbledore is 150. They must be fairly close in age. Also, does he have the same color eyes as the actor who plays Dumbledore? because that is kinda an essential plot point.

Posted by gingerr_kat on February 23, 2010, 11:59 AM report to moderator
A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb

God, all these just makes me want to see The Deathly Hallows more and more!
I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on February 23, 2010, 12:50 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

Matea, in that photo he’s young. It’s old.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on February 23, 2010, 02:10 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

hehe!!!

YodatheHobbit… yeah! he really looks youngest than everybody can imagine!! hehehe

"My inner eye sees past your brave face to the troubled soul within. And I regret to say that your worries are not baseless. I see difficult times ahead for you, alas... most difficult... I fear the thing you dread will indeed come to pass... and perhaps