New Images of Signs at Hogsmeade, Rumored Costume Choices for Wizarding World Staff

Fans
Posted by: Edward
February 22, 2010, 06:12 PM

There are a few updates to bring you today regarding the continued construction at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park at Universal Resorts Orlando.  Thanks to BrianOrndorf.com, new images of the Hogsmeade areas of the park show us a plethora of new signage now hanging before the shop fronts which read "Tricks & Jokes" outside Honeydukes, and shops which appear to be named "Spintwiches" and "Tomes and Scholls."  These images and more are part of our ever expanding Wizarding World section of Leaky's Image Galleries.

On a related note, new rumors have hit the web which relate more about the possible costumes Wizarding World employees might wear at the park.  Screamscape reports:
It seems some of the first costumes have been put on display at Universal’s wardrobe facility and they are said to be quite detailed and impressive. Amongst the costumes on display were those for “Hogwarts Students” as well as the “Dragon Handlers”, which is what they are calling the ride ops on Dragon’s Challenge. Apparently the costumes were all made to JK Rowling’s specs… though one insider has already commented that JK must have never visited Orlando in the summer, because some of the outfits may end up being a bit too much to handle in the hot muggy summers.
The post goes on to relate more about the many kinds of wands which are rumored to be available at the Olivander’s Wand Shop attraction.  Quoteage:
We’ve also heard quite a bit about Olivander’s Wand Shop. I’m told that over 20 actors have been hired to act as the shop keepers, and have been told that they will be given a “wand bible” written up by JK Rowling to memorize, detailing the names and descriptions of around 400 different wands. I’ve been told that the various wands up for sale will range in price from $25 up to $150 per wand. Apparently the more expensive your wand… the more things it will actually be able to do. For example, some wands are rumored to have a light up tip if activated the right way. Other wands are rumored to have uses beyond the park, possibly being Bluetooth enabled or allowing for you to plug them into your PC and download some special functions into them from the internet. If true, one such wand is said to work as a TV remote control.
While these are indeed interesting development, this information falls squarely into the rumor category until official word comes from Universal.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is slated to open this Spring.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

“descriptions of around 400 different wands”. I wonder if this is a misprint. By my calculations there are 13 types of wand wood and 3 common cores. This equates to 39 combinations. I would say that “around 40 different wands” is more likely right.

Posted by KiwiBrian on February 23, 2010, 02:32 AM report to moderator

I really want to go! I think I’m getting a custom wand or Dumbledore’s wand (the elder wand). They’d either be normal or have a light up tip. I don’t think I need ones that act as a bluetooth. :) That would be SOO AWSOME!

Posted by The Pure-Blood Prince on February 23, 2010, 05:48 AM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

Oh, I’m just so in love with the village, with its pointy gables and crooked chimneys and snowy roofs! I’m going to be beside myself to stand in the “street” in Hogsmeade and take it all in. Squeeeeee!

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on February 23, 2010, 07:52 AM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Lmao a remote wand! I want one!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on February 23, 2010, 08:35 AM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Lmao a remote wand! I want one!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on February 23, 2010, 08:35 AM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

man, the wands are so expensive!

Posted by sgreeter8888 on February 23, 2010, 09:23 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

oh man i want a wand that lights up

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on February 23, 2010, 09:36 AM report to moderator
Hp__neville__s_patronus_by_pen_umbra_thumb

I WANNA WAND

Posted by All Was Well on February 23, 2010, 09:55 AM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

i wish i lived in orlando at times like these.. gotta just keep saving money and when leakycon comes around its going to be awesome!!!

Posted by Horcruxalej on February 23, 2010, 11:38 AM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_006_thumb

aweeesome! :D

Posted by nicoooola_ on February 23, 2010, 12:08 PM report to moderator
404804_2062699827530_1845759987_1336491_2063603037_n_thumb

it is in Orlando right? :D

Posted by natalia96 on February 23, 2010, 12:37 PM report to moderator
Shopping_thumb

Very cool! I wish the wands wouldn’t be so expensive…I’m gonna have to save up all my money! But i guess they have to get money back to pay off for all the construction and stuff…maybe if a lot of people buy wands, they can lower the prices! Lol…cant wait! I am proud to be a Central Floridian..so close to this amazing theme park!

Posted by jodgomex on February 23, 2010, 02:02 PM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

I’m about to get my money ready, this is going to be wicked, i want a bluetooth wand lol

Posted by Brianna on February 23, 2010, 03:28 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

cool cant whate

Posted by alicia00 on February 23, 2010, 04:35 PM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

i totally want a wand i can wave at the tv to make the channels change…i’m such an uber dork

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on February 23, 2010, 05:01 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"He's ill, Vernon!"[br]"What is it, son? What's happened? Did Mrs. Polkiss give you something foreign for tea?"