New Video and Images of Wizarding World of Harry Potter Park, Hogsmeade, and More Online

Fans
Posted by: Edward
February 20, 2010, 11:10 AM

Many thanks to Attractions Magazine for letting us know a new round of images and aerial tour of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park are now online.  The video shows us further shots of the Hogwarts Castle and adjoining forest area, as well as more of the Hogsmeade shops and streets.  The images from within the park itself show again the continued application of details to the structures as construction continues.  In this new set of images, we can see what appears to be the possible entrance to the Owlery, construction on the wizarding buildings, the curious spotlight tower, and much more.  The full set can be starting here on page 48 of our Wizarding World Construction Set in our Image Galleries.

Thanks for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

oh sweet! i want to go now!!

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on February 20, 2010, 10:30 PM report to moderator

hey this is awsome i talkeed my mom into taking me to my dad’s house so he can take me to his new house in orlando! then he said we can go to the grand opening of the wizarding world but my spending limit is 800 dollars!

Posted by Kristine *ROAR* on February 21, 2010, 03:31 AM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Open already!!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 21, 2010, 03:46 AM report to moderator

It looks amazing…can’t wait to see more completed pictures!

Posted by Dawna on February 21, 2010, 06:48 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

the roller coster looks fun

Posted by alicia00 on February 21, 2010, 08:48 AM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

I’m almost certain that the “spotlight” in the tower will be the clock/astronomy tower seen in the films — looks just like it!

And oh, those crooked chimneys and roofs are so wonderfully quirky and whimsical. Between those and the snow, in Florida!, it’s going to be a grinfest!

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on February 21, 2010, 09:17 AM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

i can’t wait, but i’m going to have to save up so much money because i’m going to want to buy everything i see

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on February 21, 2010, 10:35 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

This is looking awesome! I cannot wait to go to the actual Wizarding World!

It’s going to be like 3 or 4 years before my kids are old enough to go but I can’t wait. My 3 year old loves to watch HP with me!

Posted by Tammy on February 21, 2010, 12:28 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

Sooo excited to go there!!!

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on February 21, 2010, 07:50 PM report to moderator
Shopping_thumb

Very exciting!!!

Posted by jodgomex on February 23, 2010, 02:03 PM report to moderator
34903_1465127064332_1118181956_31366985_5699589_n_thumb

DISAPPOINTING I get the feeling it will be too condensed … sandwiched between other attractions. I get the impression that I could walk through it in less than an hour … as if it were too small. I would have to be by myself to enjoy it casually and fully, to make it a day long visit. The lines might be ridiculous at first. Probably a lot more of looking, than hands on … for display only. Do you get the sense that Hogwarts is not as gigantic as Rowling would have you believe? I am guessing it would be comparable to Holy Hill, Hubertus, WI.
Money is tight and my kids are too young, so it might be a couple of years before I can make the trip. While it will be there for years, it may have some worn paths when I can finally get down there to enjoy it. The video has likely dampened my spirits, when I thought I might someday get that “take it all in” sensation.

Posted by Madeye Carl on February 24, 2010, 11:59 PM report to moderator
34903_1465127064332_1118181956_31366985_5699589_n_thumb

I think they will have to build a second park. I would imagine a forbidden forest to more like an actual game farm as the one in Poynette, WI. The actual size would likely be that of a small college … Edgewood in Madison, WI.
I have been to Orlando three times. Once in ’92 when they still had boot camp there. Twice I went to the Coronado Springs Resort for a poetry Convention 2001 and 2005. My time was limited, and I stayed on the cheap. I would probably need two-three weeks vacation and about $5,000 to really enjoy Orlando.

Posted by Madeye Carl on February 25, 2010, 12:14 AM report to moderator

"The Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue," said Umbridge quietly.