Wizarding World of Harry Potter Super Bowl Commercial Now Online (Updated)

Fans
Posted by: Edward
February 02, 2010, 08:10 AM

There is a treat online this morning, for national commercial for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park set to air during the Super Bowl XLIV game has made its way online and can be watched via WalletPop.com. (Update: The video is now in our video galleries here.)  As readers will recall, Universal Orlando Resort gave word that this commercial for the Harry Potter theme park will be featuring “Be Courageous. Be Outrageous. Be Extraordinary.” theme, and would give new and expanded views at the theme park.  The commercial, which runs exactly thirty seconds, gives us brand new looks at the towering Hogwarts Castle, sprawling Hogsmeade shops, Hogwarts Express, and more.  The video also features actor Dan Radcliffe as the character of Harry Potter leading the way for two young Gryffindor Quidditch players as they fly into the castle.

Super Bowl XLIV will air Sunday, February 7, 2010 on CBS.

Update: WB has let us know that syndicated entertainment show Access Hollywood will be airing a segment about the Wizarding Word advertisement this evening.

Thanks to WalletPop.com for mailing.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Ron1_thumb

I’m glad it wasn’t that good of a commercial; it leaves me wanting MORE! :) Dan’s part cracks me up for some reason. Haha.

Posted by Christine on February 03, 2010, 08:59 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Posted by Christine on February 03, 2010, 08:59 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Dreams have finally been fullfilled!
Need a moment………………
Sob!

Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I must concede that I was disappointed by the ad and frankly considered it rather corny.

Posted by Kirk on February 03, 2010, 09:40 AM report to moderator
Smart_ravenclaw_mock_thumb

bounces I want to go SO bad bounces Wait! Do we get to ride broomsticks?!?

Posted by readhp1008 on February 03, 2010, 09:58 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

So exciting!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 03, 2010, 10:26 AM report to moderator

the commercial wasn’t that great but it will still be amazing. i really want to go this summer but 1) i don’t know anyone to go with me that would want to go that badly 2) it’s going to be mobbed for a long time and that may take some of the fun out of it. there are so many parts of it that sound cool. trying butterbeer and other harry potter foods and going through the shops

Posted by gingerr_kat on February 03, 2010, 12:36 PM report to moderator
Stinkaavatar_thumb

well, that was cheesy…

Posted by stinka on February 03, 2010, 12:52 PM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

Oh my, that was cheesey.

Posted by nellythemarrow on February 03, 2010, 01:18 PM report to moderator
Snape_and_hermione_in_grey_by_usagistu_thumb

I just wish it showed a little bit more of the park, but it was a nice little tease all in all.

Posted by Bara on February 03, 2010, 01:25 PM report to moderator
Violetzoomin_thumb

Yawn. Once again, wake me up when JKR has a new book.

Posted by NuttyAsSP on February 03, 2010, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

YAY! I love that they put Dan in there! He looks much more mature than what he did in HBP

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 03, 2010, 02:47 PM report to moderator
Hermoine_thumb

We were just at Universal a few weeks ago and what is already done looks awesome! From several of the rides you can see into “Hogsmeade” and everything is very authentic looking. I could not believe what a great job they have done recreating Hogwarts Castle. I cannot wait until it opens!

Posted by PotterMom9701 on February 03, 2010, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Photo_8_thumb

I cannot wait!

Posted by Rose Lane (roar!) on February 03, 2010, 03:58 PM report to moderator
38169_676962834274_38307955_37739912_3182281_n_thumb

That was absolutely terrible…no offense to the folks at Universal. It just doesn’t seem like they are in touch with their audience at all. Many of us on here could have come up with a better commercial. I’d hate to think I spent that much money for a Super Bowl commercial.

Posted by jfrancis04 on February 03, 2010, 07:12 PM report to moderator

"This, Harry, is the secret of our success," said George, patting the parchment fondly.[br]"It's a wrench, giving it to you," said Fred, "but we decided last night, your need's greater than ours."[br]"Anyway, we know it by heart," said George. "We bequeat

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014