"Half-Blood Prince" Nominated for Best Cinematography Oscar

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
February 02, 2010, 10:26 AM

Early this morning in Los Angeles, the 82nd Annual Academy Award nominations were announced, and the "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" film received a nod for Best Cinematography.  The sixth Potter film was nominated along side such other films in this category as "Avatar," "The Hurt Locker," "Inglourious Basterds," and "The White Ribbon."

The telecast o the 82nd Academy Awards will be broadcast live Sunday, March 7th starting at 8pm EST on ABC.

Congratulations to all at HBP!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

All-voldemort-needs_thumb

It’s a tough competition! However, it DOES have chances. Avatar has 9 nominations and it can’t win in all of them. The academics can’t let this happen. Because there is competition, differencies, lobby and all sort of disagreements inside the Academy. So, it is possible that HP receives the award. Let’s hope! :D

Posted by Pollytomat on February 03, 2010, 05:11 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

nominaton itself is an honour! wish you good luck!

Posted by Matea on February 03, 2010, 05:48 AM report to moderator
Blastoid_thumb

Why can’t Avatar win 9 of 9? King won 11 of 11, after all.

As for the nomination, well, it is cool, but it also is quite telling how down the Academy is on HP that Prince did not get a nomination for anything else.

Posted by Wimsey on February 03, 2010, 05:55 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

they did pull it off with excellent technique
and i hope for the best

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on February 03, 2010, 06:27 AM report to moderator
Meme_thumb

Go Harryyyyyyyyyyyy I’m so happy ,I hope hope hope they win.

Posted by scorpiprincess on February 03, 2010, 06:31 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Well done, Harry! I don’t really think it should be awarded that though. No offence, but I never really thought of HBP as film thought could be nominated for “Best Cinematography”.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on February 03, 2010, 07:28 AM report to moderator

It definitely deserves it. I was hoping this movie would get a good amount more nominations. It is the only film in the series that has a heart really and it truly is magnificent. I don’t think the feeling I got from HBP will be duplicated in either of the next two films. I am keeping hope alive however that DH part 2 will have a heart as well. As for the chance of it winning this award I’d say there is a very good chance as It was truly incredible cinematography.

Posted by no1hpfan on February 03, 2010, 07:37 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

Best of luck!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on February 03, 2010, 08:00 AM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22037 Points

GO GO HBP!!!
it will win!! and if it doesn’t i hope for Inglorious Basterds!!!
GO GO HBP

Upclose_of_me_thumb

YAY for HBP!!!! I truly hope they win but sadly they are up against Avatar and a few others that are more popular…. so not sure it’ll win. I still have my fingers crossed!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on February 03, 2010, 08:01 AM report to moderator
The_same_hermy_gif_thumb

Yea! Go HBP! :) I think it deserved more than one nomination.

Posted by Potter_Puella on February 03, 2010, 08:03 AM report to moderator
Avatar2_thumb

YESSS!!! I hope HBP wins !!! Come on!!!

Posted by weasleygirl101(ROAR) on February 03, 2010, 08:23 AM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

Yay for Warner Bros!!! Unfortunately, even though I disagree, Avatar will probably win… :(

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on February 03, 2010, 08:33 AM report to moderator
Sunshine_thumb

Yay!!! Go HBP! This is fantastic!!!

Posted by Xzenoa on February 03, 2010, 09:06 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Congrats HBP!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 03, 2010, 09:17 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"What does she see in Krum?" Ron demanded as he and Harry climbed the boys' stairs.[br]"Well," said Harry, considering the matter, "I s'pose he's older, isn't he... and he's an international Quidditch player..."[br]"Yeah, but apart from that," said Ron, s