New Details Emerge About Wizarding World Park, Rides, and More

Fans
Posted by: Edward
February 18, 2010, 08:14 PM

Update: We received word from Universal Orlando this morning regarding information posted in the Ledger article; comments made in the report about alcoholic forms of butterbeer are inaccurate.  The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will not be serving alcoholic butterbeer at the park.

There is an article online this evening from The Ledger which reports on a recent meeting for Central Florida Vacation Property Managers Association which relates some new information about the upcoming Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park at Universal Orlando Resorts.  According to the Ledger, a sales coordinator from Universal spoke with the association, which represents "short-term vacation homes in Central Florida," and revealed details about the "family friendly" Flight of the Hippogriff roller coaster, the various shops around the park, and much more.  Quoteage:
There will be shops as well, like Honeydukes, a candy store that will sell, among other things, chocolate frogs and Treacle Fudge. Dervish & Banges is a toy store that will sell, not surprisingly, broomsticks among the many selections.  "Ninety-five percent of them are completely unique products,” Holt said. “You will not be able to buy them anywhere else."
There's a Frog Choir that will perform five times day, Holt said, adding, "This is very top secret, so you're the first one's to hear about it."
The article goes on to say that the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey will be the "largest ride," and quoting the sales coordinator, Sarah Holt, as saying, "You'll go on this great journey specifically designed for this part of the park.  It's ground-breaking, state of the art technology that will even surpass the Spiderman ride. If you've been on Spiderman, you know that's pretty big."

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is slated for an opening in the Spring of 2010.

Thanks to UHP for mailing.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Frog Choir? So will these mechanical frogs be singing all day long or real frogs actually croaking Anyway, what do frogs have to do with HP?

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on February 19, 2010, 09:34 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Why is part of my comment in italics?

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on February 19, 2010, 09:37 AM report to moderator
Foto446_05

Oh, thanks Merlin! I thought I’d be all uppity-good-kids-only like Disney. If I spend A LOT of money I should be using for renting my own place, I want to be able to get as pissed as I like every night!

Posted by Bell Dema [FTC!!!] on February 19, 2010, 09:40 AM report to moderator
Hp__neville__s_patronus_by_pen_umbra_thumb

Awessssome….Can’t wait to taste butterbeer…

Posted by All Was Well on February 19, 2010, 10:33 AM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

Exciting!!!

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on February 19, 2010, 11:06 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

fifi the Frof Choir is likely based upon Professor Flitwick’s frog choir in PoA (I love the full version in the DVD extra stuff)

lol I was so excited reading the things available to buy, I was sitting here making a mental list. I am so excited that Honeydukes will be selling the HP candy :D

Posted by Moose_Starr on February 19, 2010, 11:28 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

ohmygosh I cant even type Frog without a typo … waaay too excited for my own good :D

Posted by Moose_Starr on February 19, 2010, 11:29 AM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

I wonder what annual Florida Resident passes will run?

Posted by Phoenix1946 on February 19, 2010, 12:17 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Excited!!!!!!!!

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on February 19, 2010, 02:16 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

grate its all most done

Posted by alicia00 on February 19, 2010, 02:33 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Awesome! The rides sound like a lot of fun!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 19, 2010, 03:06 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

OMG I need to start saving up so I can spend all my money on butterbeer and broomsticks!!!!!!! and I can’t wait for this forbidden journey ride! :D

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on February 19, 2010, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

mmmm…treacle fudge! never tried it, but i’ve read so much about it i can’t wait!

Posted by harrygetsme on February 19, 2010, 03:53 PM report to moderator
Deathly-hallows-symbol-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-564456_1422_1545_thumb

Didn’t Hermione get tipsy in the sixth movie after drinking butterbeer?

Posted by Nwrosey on February 19, 2010, 04:28 PM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

I’ve been on Spiderman, and I definitely count it as one of the top 5 rides I’ve ever been on. Hopefully it’s not all hype and the Harry Potter ride really is better. I can’t imagine something more fantastic.

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on February 19, 2010, 05:04 PM report to moderator

"Give me your glasses, quick!"[br]He handed them to her, and as the team watched in amazement, Hermione tapped them with her wand and said, [i]"Impervius!"[/i][br]"There!" she said, handing them back to Harry. "They'll repel water!"[br]Wood looked as thou