New Details Emerge About Wizarding World Park, Rides, and More

Fans
Posted by: Edward
February 18, 2010, 08:14 PM

Update: We received word from Universal Orlando this morning regarding information posted in the Ledger article; comments made in the report about alcoholic forms of butterbeer are inaccurate.  The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will not be serving alcoholic butterbeer at the park.

There is an article online this evening from The Ledger which reports on a recent meeting for Central Florida Vacation Property Managers Association which relates some new information about the upcoming Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park at Universal Orlando Resorts.  According to the Ledger, a sales coordinator from Universal spoke with the association, which represents "short-term vacation homes in Central Florida," and revealed details about the "family friendly" Flight of the Hippogriff roller coaster, the various shops around the park, and much more.  Quoteage:
There will be shops as well, like Honeydukes, a candy store that will sell, among other things, chocolate frogs and Treacle Fudge. Dervish & Banges is a toy store that will sell, not surprisingly, broomsticks among the many selections.  "Ninety-five percent of them are completely unique products,” Holt said. “You will not be able to buy them anywhere else."
There's a Frog Choir that will perform five times day, Holt said, adding, "This is very top secret, so you're the first one's to hear about it."
The article goes on to say that the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey will be the "largest ride," and quoting the sales coordinator, Sarah Holt, as saying, "You'll go on this great journey specifically designed for this part of the park.  It's ground-breaking, state of the art technology that will even surpass the Spiderman ride. If you've been on Spiderman, you know that's pretty big."

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is slated for an opening in the Spring of 2010.

Thanks to UHP for mailing.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

OH MY GOD!!!
I don’t want to be one of the people who says “I’M SO EXCITED CANT WAIT” because everyone knows already!

But i SOO am!

Posted by albus1881 on February 18, 2010, 08:30 PM report to moderator

I think I am going to have to go as soon as it opens….

Posted by Dawna on February 18, 2010, 08:40 PM report to moderator

that sounds so amazing that they have mostly unique products. i really want to go. i think it would be fun to try butterbeer and other wizarding refreshments. i think if you go right when it opens there is probably more of a chance to see the actors from the films at the grand opening but i think it would be better to go in the winter or later in the season when it is less busy

Posted by gingerr_kat on February 18, 2010, 08:51 PM report to moderator
Melissaanelli_better_thumb

Alcoholic butterbeer, eh? I KNEW there was a reason it made wizards feel so warm and fuzzy inside! Sounds delicious, can’t wait!!

Posted by Jenleigh on February 18, 2010, 08:57 PM report to moderator
Magic-book_thumb

I can’t wait till this comes out I have been waiting ever since I heard about it a year ago!! I am so excited I do not want to wait till spring. I hope it comes really,
really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really,really soon! I really want to know how butter beer tastes and want to get a treacle fudge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Dreamer on February 18, 2010, 09:02 PM report to moderator
Img_0409note_thumb

…of course the Hog’s Head will have the alcoholic butterbeer…lol
….sounds fun….can’t wait to see the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride…

Posted by Fayebeline on February 18, 2010, 09:04 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

How big is the Spiderman ride? I’ve never seen it. Anyway, I love how they’re having a Frog Choir! Sounds great :) This park is really going to kick some arse. I can’t wait!

Posted by Christine on February 18, 2010, 09:12 PM report to moderator
Angrycat_thumb

Butterbeer? Alcoholic Butterbeer?! Why am I not saving my money to go already? Oh yeah, no job and paying bills with financial aid leftovers. Wizard candy and booze!!!

Posted by Neesee on February 18, 2010, 09:12 PM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

wow i can’t wait!

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on February 18, 2010, 09:33 PM report to moderator
Msn-stella_thumb

FROG CHOIR! FROG CHOIR! FROG CHOIR!!!! <3 <3 <3

Posted by stella8h8chang on February 18, 2010, 09:34 PM report to moderator
Hikerpugs1_thumb

Ribbit! Wonder if the Hog’s Head will serve Firewhisky, too? :D :D :D

Posted by rosepug on February 18, 2010, 09:37 PM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

Man…I wish we could go this year! We’ll be saving up for sometime int he not too distant future, though!

Posted by Rin68nyr on February 18, 2010, 09:42 PM report to moderator
Purikura_thumb

Alcoholic butterbeer~ wow.. it won’t be that nice to get drunk and go to the Dragon Chalange or any other roller coaster ~

Posted by Anatnof on February 18, 2010, 09:52 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Alcoholic ButterBeer?! Bloody brillant!!! :) Can’t wait to go!!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on February 18, 2010, 09:55 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

so “happy” my 21st birthday will be three weeks after my trip:(
oh well ill just have a reason to go back

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on February 18, 2010, 10:06 PM report to moderator

"Saved Weasley's neck, haven't you?" he said to Harry. "I've never seen a worse Keeper... but then he was [i]born in a bin[/i]... Did you like my lyrics, Potter?"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014