Tom Felton: "Deathly Hallows" Epilogue Likely to be Final Sequence Shot

Felton Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
February 17, 2010, 06:51 PM

Another interview with Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) has appeared on the MTV website, in which he mentions the filming of the epilogue scene in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Felton suggests that the epilogue will be the final sequence shot, commenting:

Jamie Christopher, the first [assistant director], was always really keen to do that as the final scene, because it's such a poignant moment for the franchise, that fact that it's 19 years on, and we get to see what happened to the characters.
The actor goes on to reveal that the epilogue scenes still haven't been shot, but that all are "extremely excited to do so." Felton also says that he has been talking about the scene for "ages" with Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) as, in part, they "want to make sure that it's flattering and we don't look like 60-year-olds." The article can be found at this link on the MTV website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton Interviews News

Upclose_of_me_thumb

Hope this scene turns out well!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on February 18, 2010, 12:42 AM report to moderator
The_couple_thumb

I really want to see it and I’m excited about the last harry potter movie but I’m not sure if I want it to come, because then its all over.

Posted by Ravenclaw Rep. on February 18, 2010, 01:09 AM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

YESS and NOOO!

Yes, I’m really happy and excited for Deathly Hallows!

No, I really don’t want the series to end!!!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 18, 2010, 01:57 AM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

Hopefully the epilogue will be something to be remembered, not mocked as how terrible the actors looked when purposely aged.

Posted by leigia on February 18, 2010, 02:43 AM report to moderator
Hikerpugs1_thumb

They don’t want to look like they’re 60-year-olds? Well I should hope not! The epilogue would put them in their 30s, which may seem ancient and almost like 60 to Tom, but I hope the film-makers have a better grasp of ages and aging than that. Geez. (Can you tell I’m … a bit … older than Tom? And perhaps a tad sensitive?)

Posted by rosepug on February 18, 2010, 02:48 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I’m so excited to see the epilogue scene, I know its going to my favorite. But like everyone else I dont want it to end! I’m going to be crying my eyes out during this. Plus its wonderful Tom and everyone are getting to do it, it wouldnt have been right uesing other actors. They have all earned the right to film the epilogue and have it wrap up what thye’ve been doing for the past ten years.

Posted by LunaLuver on February 18, 2010, 03:05 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Saving the last for the very last. Very nice! It’s going to be an odd scene, but I’m sure they’ll do a great job at aging the actors up.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on February 18, 2010, 03:17 AM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

The epilogue scene should be interesting, especially since they are going to have the same people doing it, instead of casting new people to portray Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Draco 19 years into the future.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on February 18, 2010, 05:58 AM report to moderator
Iconator_7fa3cb670bce345350cd6832b9b7b562_thumb

I love that they are saving it for last! Can’t wait to see it :D:D

Posted by DracoRox *ROAR* on February 18, 2010, 06:12 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

nhaw… feel like cryin…

Posted by Miroca on February 18, 2010, 06:20 AM report to moderator
404804_2062699827530_1845759987_1336491_2063603037_n_thumb

can’t wait !!

Posted by natalia96 on February 18, 2010, 06:26 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Squeeeeep so exciting!!! It better bet eh last scene of the movie it’s the ast scene of out book! LOL.19 years….oh my!!!! I feel loooooooooooooooooooong! LOL. =]

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on February 18, 2010, 06:52 AM report to moderator
Hp__neville__s_patronus_by_pen_umbra_thumb

Wow, that will be emotional…

Posted by All Was Well on February 18, 2010, 07:38 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lphabmv2ob1qcqbbso1_500_thumb

I simply can’t wait to see that scene! It’s gonna be so amazing and touching. I’m really looking forward to see the actors 19 years older, it’s gonna be so cool :D

Posted by Bech7Raven [WBM] on February 18, 2010, 08:01 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

This is the part I am so excited to see, I loved it in the book, it just summed it all up for me!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on February 18, 2010, 08:34 AM report to moderator

"Another Weasley, eh?" said Hagrid, glancing at Ron's freckles. "I spent half me life chasin' yer twin brothers away from the forest."