Tom Felton: "Deathly Hallows" Epilogue Likely to be Final Sequence Shot

Felton Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
February 17, 2010, 06:51 PM

Another interview with Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) has appeared on the MTV website, in which he mentions the filming of the epilogue scene in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Felton suggests that the epilogue will be the final sequence shot, commenting:

Jamie Christopher, the first [assistant director], was always really keen to do that as the final scene, because it's such a poignant moment for the franchise, that fact that it's 19 years on, and we get to see what happened to the characters.
The actor goes on to reveal that the epilogue scenes still haven't been shot, but that all are "extremely excited to do so." Felton also says that he has been talking about the scene for "ages" with Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) as, in part, they "want to make sure that it's flattering and we don't look like 60-year-olds." The article can be found at this link on the MTV website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton Interviews News

Dhonesheet_thumb

I can’t wait to see this scene!!! It’s going to be so emotional and I love they’re saving it for last.

Posted by cghambright on February 17, 2010, 06:56 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

This scene will be amazing! It is so exciting and sad!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 17, 2010, 07:01 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

So excited to see this scene!!! But it’ll be so sad…‘cause it’s the last scene we’ll ever see in a Harry Potter film :(
…well unless they make Beedle or The Scottish Book into a film XD

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on February 17, 2010, 07:11 PM report to moderator
Avatars-kix_thumb

I can’t wait

Posted by Nagini's dinner on February 17, 2010, 07:28 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Wow. It’s like they are setting themselves up. Not all scenes are shot sequentially but they want to save this for last. That will bring the extra emotion of the reality of the franchise ending into the moment. It’s going to be so powerful. I really hope they capture this for Special Features Behind-the-Scenes. I remember really enjoying that in other films when you see all the cast and crew hugging each other and saying good-bye. Everything has been leading up to this. How intense!

Posted by eiVega on February 17, 2010, 07:39 PM report to moderator
007_thumb

i am so glad that they are filming the epilogue with the original cast it wouldn’t look right if it wasn’t them, can’t wait to see the films

Posted by kiansangel on February 17, 2010, 07:50 PM report to moderator
S515055255_79825_2635_thumb

AAAHHH!
I totaly cant wait…every post i read gets me more pumped up =)

Posted by clever-ravenclaw=] on February 17, 2010, 08:31 PM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

smart to do it last.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on February 17, 2010, 08:43 PM report to moderator
Leonidascantread

we already knew this! SOME NEW DHMOVIE NEWS PLEASE! absolutely cannot wait

Posted by iampadfoot on February 17, 2010, 08:50 PM report to moderator
Sea-otter_thumb

I can’t wait to see it but at the same time I never want it to come because I’ll be so sad that its all over! I’ll probably be crying a lot!

Posted by BookNookKara on February 17, 2010, 10:04 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

this scene will mark the end of a great event in my life but will definately mark the end of HP for me. encyclopedia one day and a lot of rereading and rewatching in the future FOREVER

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on February 17, 2010, 10:37 PM report to moderator

Could not agree more with BookNookKara!!! I too wish it could go on and on and on and yes crying is probably on the agenda with lots of tissues on hand. It is going to be an awsome movie!

Posted by hewy on February 17, 2010, 10:42 PM report to moderator

Cute. :)

Posted by Mairéad on February 17, 2010, 11:58 PM report to moderator
Normal_knitted_dobbysocks_prokyon_thumb

i don’t want it to end…

Posted by pottersocks on February 17, 2010, 11:59 PM report to moderator
Iconator_bebd26bf8407070554a713374271fc47_thumb

I’m looking forward to seeing how they manage the Epilogue, but at the same time, I have to echo what others have said: I don’t want it to end.

I am interested in seeing what happens after the last film though. It will mark the end of an era, and who knows what the future will hold.

Posted by Blire Daeriel on February 18, 2010, 12:21 AM report to moderator

"Well -- let's drink to a Gryffindor victory against Ravenclaw! Not that I'm supposed to take sides, as a teacher...," he added hastily.