Actors in the News Weekly Roundup

HP Cast
Posted by: Rosi
February 14, 2010, 06:25 PM

Valentine's Day is in the air in the first item of this week's roundup of news from the Harry Potter actors. Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) has spoken to MTV about his plans for Valentine's Day and how he celebrated his recent two year anniversary with his girlfriend. The article comments on a trip the actor had planned to Vienna that he had to postpone as he was filming. Speaking about his "go-to gifts" for Valentine's Day, Mr. Felton said, "I'm a big fan of the two dozen roses and the kind of cheesy card to go with it...I can't help myself." The article can be found at this link.

Secondly, thanks to our Order Partner RupertGrint.net we can point you in the direction of an interview with Olympic ski jumper Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards in the Daily Mail. The interview mentions the rumour that Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) has been considered to play Edwards in a biopic, the ski jumper describing it as "most excellent casting." Additionally, Edwards comments, "[Grint] can't start filming until he is clear of his Harry Potter commitments, and with everything I won't believe it until it actually happens, but I'm quite excited."

RupertGrint.net also reported the official classification by the BBFC of "Cherrybomb" as a 15. The film, in which Rupert Grint stars in a leading role, was classified as such because it "[contains] drug use, strong violence and strong language, once very strong." The page on the BBFC website also notes the film's run time as 85 minutes and 52 seconds.

The Teen Vogue website has placed Emma Watson's new fair trade fashion line with People Tree at number one in their Top Ten Spring Fashion Trends. The article also covers the Hermione Granger actress' reasoning for creating the collection with People Tree. When asked about her proudest achievement with the line, Ms. Watson replied, "I made sure everything felt good. Organic clothes can be scratchy, but ours feel heavenly!" The article quotes Ms. Watson as saying:

Girls I've spoken with are as conscientious as ever, yet there's so little ethical clothing out there for people my age ... This collection reflects my casual side, the stuff I'd wear to class ... The cuts are sexier than most sustainable brands. I'm a perfectionist, so I couldn't sleep if something wasn't exactly the way I wanted.
You can find the article here via this link.

We also have some new images in our galleries of Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange) from the upcoming "Alice In Wonderland." The images can be found at this link.

Finally, an interview with Bill Nighy (Rufus Scrimgeour) has surfaced. It appears to be a followup to an interview we told you about in October 2009, with some new comments about his experience with his co-stars in his role as Minister for Magic. Quotage:
I know most of the cast, I've worked with most of them at some point or another. They were all very generous and it was a really nice job ... it was nice to see Julie Walters, who I sort of started out with.

It was great working with Daniel [Radcliffe] and all the guys and they were very very good fun. They all made me very welcome, because they've all been together for years and years and years.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

test

Posted by phpNickTLC on February 16, 2010, 05:35 PM report to moderator

test 2…

Posted by phpNickTLC on February 16, 2010, 08:54 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Great! I love the Actors in the News Roundup! Thanks Leaky!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on February 16, 2010, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

pretty thorough roundup

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on February 16, 2010, 09:42 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

Emma is awesome! I can’t wait for Alice in Wonderland!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 16, 2010, 11:22 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

YAY!! I can comment!!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 16, 2010, 11:23 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

dozen roses and a cheesy card Felton. Way to go. I’ve always been a fan of CHEESY!.

Posted by molly43 on February 17, 2010, 04:37 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I tell my family all the time “I’m cheesy and proud of it!” I read cheesy books, cry on cheesy movies and listen to cheesy saying. So there you have it …I guess I’m just a cheesy person.

Posted by molly43 on February 17, 2010, 04:40 AM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Hmm…Rupert sounds like he is trying to keep busy and make preparations for life post-Harry Potter (as if that is possible)! LOL

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on February 17, 2010, 05:59 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

It is always so sad to think about “post-Harry Potter” life(((((

Posted by Pollytomat on February 17, 2010, 10:46 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

Yes, I found it very interesting to hear from the Actors and get there prespectives on what might happpen afterwards!!!! lol

Posted by Mistic Willow on February 17, 2010, 12:33 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am excited to watch Rupert Grint expand his acting talent outside of the Potter franchise and look forward to seeing these other films in which he will appear.

Posted by Kirk on February 18, 2010, 09:57 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

all soo sweet

Posted by alicia00 on February 18, 2010, 04:18 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

ok, grrr about tom’s girlfriend. and awww about tom himself. cant wait 2 c the grint movies. emma, as usual’s totally awesome and woohoo that she got 1st place. and i really want 2 c both helena in alice and bill in dh.

Posted by MaggieNoise on February 19, 2010, 02:14 AM report to moderator

"Who blackened your eye, Granger? I want to send them flowers."