Trio Talk Filming Seven Potters and Silver Doe Scenes for "Deathly Hallows"

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
February 01, 2010, 04:28 PM

French Harry Potter fan site HarryPotterForever.fr has posted a select translation from the February issue of One Magazine, which features short interviews with actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) about filming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."  In the article, Mr. Radcliffe speaks in regards to the Silver Doe sequence in the seventh film which will feature the young actor naked.  The rough translation relates:

"In the Deathly Hallows, you'll see Harry as you never saw him before ! For example, I shot a scene where i'm entirely naked. When I read the script, I thought that I would carry underwears but no ! I've already done it for Equus so it wasn't so difficult. I'm wondering how people will react, even if any things will be hidden in the screen!"
Readers will recall the first news of this scene coming from DH director David Yates back in November.  Mr. Radcliffe goes on to say the following of the Seven Potters sequence:
"Recently, we've finished a scene in which I had difficulties. It's the 7 Potter's scene ! We had to shoot a take where I was a different Harry instead of the other actors. It was fun, but very hard, because sometimes, I forgot who I had to be ... That made me crazy!"
The quotes from the One Magazine article continue, with Emma Watson speaking to the much anticipated kiss between her character and the character of Ron Weasley, portrayed by actor Rupert Grint.  On this subject, Miss Watson is quoted as saying:
"To kiss Rupert in front of cameras will stay the strangest experience for me, since I've played in Harry Potter. Him and I was frightened about this scene, and would like to do it quickly. But the hardest is coming ... I have to kiss Dan!  It's a scene where Ron imagine a kiss between Harry and Hermione."
Miss Watson goes on to talk of the Epilouge scene at the end of "Deathly Hallows" by saying, "We haven't filmed the epilogue yet, in which we can see the future of Harry, Ron and Hermione 19 years later. At the beginning, producers would like to replace us, but they finally kept us. We will look like 40 years old persons. I'm very impatient to see that !"

Finally, Rupert Grint spoke to the physical demands of filming, relating, ""We shot a lot of physical scenes. For Daniel, filming was very complicated. But he never complained ... When he became sick because of filming conditions, he was ok and he never complained ..."

Many thanks to HarryPotterForever.fr.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

Love them!! love Dan!! And ACCIO NOVEMBER!!!

Upclose_of_me_thumb

Excitement!!! YAY!!!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on February 03, 2010, 07:59 AM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

I don’t understand why Dan would have to be naked for Silver Doe. Harry only stripped down to his skivvies, as I recall, so why would Dan need to take it all off to go into the water? He should be naked for the scene at the train station with Dumbledore but this just seems silly. I’m not ashamed to say that I fear, every day, what damage is being done to the story and this doesn’t help. Kings Cross would be nudity for the right reasons. This just seems like they’re having him strip off completely so they can say that Harry strips off completely and that’s no good.

Posted by DeliaDee on February 03, 2010, 12:49 PM report to moderator

Why does he have to be naked? I’m not a prude, but it seems totally gratuitous. I certainly did not get the impression from the scene in the novel that he was naked.

Posted by RRR on February 03, 2010, 01:19 PM report to moderator
Edith___thumb

i have a friend here whose name says it all: DH OBSESSED!!!!

Edith___thumb

NO NAKED PLEASE. because then we’ll havta go with grownups. WAIT!! I’LL BE 13!!! can i be my friends pg? CUZ SHE WILL NOT!!!

Edith___thumb

i wonder why kissing dan is harder then kissing rupert….. hmmm…….

Edith___thumb

sorry for all the commenting but i really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really need november to come!!!!!!!!

Snape_and_hermione_in_grey_by_usagistu_thumb

I can’t wait to see how it all comes together.

Posted by Bara on February 03, 2010, 01:41 PM report to moderator
129082117994124154_thumb

I am so looking forward to see Ron and Hermione finally kiss! but I never thought of Harry and Hermione kissing and I’ve read the book 2×. (lol)

Posted by KellBell{ROAR} on February 03, 2010, 01:49 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

I really prefer not see people in movies naked, but I think this is going to be awesome. But I still don’t want to see people naked cough ’Ava’sucks’tar’ cough

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 03, 2010, 02:46 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

I know this is completely off the topic, but Deathly Hallows is going to be in 3D!! MuggleNet reported this! IT IS CONFIRMED

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on February 03, 2010, 02:48 PM report to moderator
12-harry-potter_thumb

OH this is exciting. im glad there not getting different actors for the epilogue, that would just be strangers and wouldnt feel right at all. And if it is goin to be in 3D that will just be AWESUM

Posted by *Xanthe***ROAR*** on February 03, 2010, 02:57 PM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

DeliaDee is absolutely correct, in the novel DH Harry strips down to his underwear, not starkers. Not a big deal, at most we’re talking a blurry butt shot, but I am curious why the decision was made to have Radcliff in the buff for that scene at all.
Also, I think the only one of the three lead actors who speaks fluent French is Emma Watson.

Posted by budb on February 03, 2010, 03:49 PM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

oh, Delia? over the years I have been very critical of the HP films, some more than others, and had fun joining the discussions here at Leaky.
I’ll agree, having Radcliffe naked to dive into the pond is almost certainly meant as publicity and in the hope of raising box office revenue …as if that would be necessary!
But, after having seen the Twilight movies and moaned over the horrible butchery that was done to such superb material, I must admit I have sat back and appreciated the HP films even more, warts and all.

Posted by budb on February 03, 2010, 03:54 PM report to moderator

The girl called Luna watched them over her upside-down magazine, which was called [i]The Quibbler.[/i] She did not seem to need to blink as much as normal humans. She stared and stared at Harry, who had taken the seat opposite her and now wished he had no

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014