Trio Talk Filming Seven Potters and Silver Doe Scenes for "Deathly Hallows"

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
February 01, 2010, 04:28 PM

French Harry Potter fan site HarryPotterForever.fr has posted a select translation from the February issue of One Magazine, which features short interviews with actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) about filming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."  In the article, Mr. Radcliffe speaks in regards to the Silver Doe sequence in the seventh film which will feature the young actor naked.  The rough translation relates:

"In the Deathly Hallows, you'll see Harry as you never saw him before ! For example, I shot a scene where i'm entirely naked. When I read the script, I thought that I would carry underwears but no ! I've already done it for Equus so it wasn't so difficult. I'm wondering how people will react, even if any things will be hidden in the screen!"
Readers will recall the first news of this scene coming from DH director David Yates back in November.  Mr. Radcliffe goes on to say the following of the Seven Potters sequence:
"Recently, we've finished a scene in which I had difficulties. It's the 7 Potter's scene ! We had to shoot a take where I was a different Harry instead of the other actors. It was fun, but very hard, because sometimes, I forgot who I had to be ... That made me crazy!"
The quotes from the One Magazine article continue, with Emma Watson speaking to the much anticipated kiss between her character and the character of Ron Weasley, portrayed by actor Rupert Grint.  On this subject, Miss Watson is quoted as saying:
"To kiss Rupert in front of cameras will stay the strangest experience for me, since I've played in Harry Potter. Him and I was frightened about this scene, and would like to do it quickly. But the hardest is coming ... I have to kiss Dan!  It's a scene where Ron imagine a kiss between Harry and Hermione."
Miss Watson goes on to talk of the Epilouge scene at the end of "Deathly Hallows" by saying, "We haven't filmed the epilogue yet, in which we can see the future of Harry, Ron and Hermione 19 years later. At the beginning, producers would like to replace us, but they finally kept us. We will look like 40 years old persons. I'm very impatient to see that !"

Finally, Rupert Grint spoke to the physical demands of filming, relating, ""We shot a lot of physical scenes. For Daniel, filming was very complicated. But he never complained ... When he became sick because of filming conditions, he was ok and he never complained ..."

Many thanks to HarryPotterForever.fr.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Thanks to the people responsible for the translation! Nothing that new was shared in the interviews, but any news is enough to satiate my tongue right now. :D

Posted by Kirk on February 02, 2010, 03:32 PM report to moderator

Wow… :o

Posted by Mairéad on February 02, 2010, 03:50 PM report to moderator
Zomg_yay__thumb

Who doesn’t love seeing a naked Harry?! Can’t wait for all those scenes and more, I love how true to the book they’re being. With Emma’s comment though, I’m hoping they don’t make them look too old. According to the book they should be in their late 30s, Harry being 36 by the ‘Nineteen Years Later’ epilogue, so they should look older, but still maintain their vestiges of beauty. (Yes, I’m shallow, as evidenced by my naked Harry sentence lol.)

Posted by drarry.girl on February 02, 2010, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I’m So glad they are going to use the trio for the epilogue, it just wouldnt be right without them. Now I just want to know if Tom and Bonnie are going to do it too.

Posted by LunaLuver on February 02, 2010, 05:45 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

looking forward to the epilogue

Posted by Lady of the Lake on February 02, 2010, 08:13 PM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Can’t wait to see the kiss between Dan & Emma and Rupert & Emma. Should be interesting to see what part Dan is naked in.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on February 02, 2010, 10:02 PM report to moderator

ooooooooooooooooooh so they’ll keep them for the EPILOGUE? yes!! PEOPLE, WAIT TO SEE THE MOVIE, AND THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT NUDITY SCENES.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on February 02, 2010, 10:24 PM report to moderator

I’m sooooo looking forward to the 7 Potters scene! It is going to be funny and thrilling. Poor Hedwig though….

Posted by Kami Malfoy on February 02, 2010, 10:37 PM report to moderator

Poor Emma, it must’ve been so awkward having to kiss Rupert convincingly after they’ve grown up together and feel like siblings. It makes sense that Ron would see Harry and Hermione kissing under the influence of the Locket Horcrux. He’s shown some jealousy with regard to them in the books before, so it must be a real fear of his on some level.

Posted by Kami Malfoy on February 02, 2010, 10:43 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

SUPER EXCITED !!!! :-D

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on February 02, 2010, 11:42 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

OMG OMG! both kisses, Silver doe – I can’t f***ing wait for this movie :D

Posted by Matea on February 02, 2010, 11:54 PM report to moderator

Kami Malfoy can tell me which part he’s shown some jealousy, because I do not know!

Posted by LP8000 on February 03, 2010, 01:14 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

cool. i hope they cover up dan’s bits though. and cant w8 for the ron/hermione kiss xD

Posted by MaggieNoise on February 03, 2010, 04:35 AM report to moderator
Normal_radcliffe_posed_misc_010_thumb

Yay! Cant wait. It seems so long away though…

Posted by DanFan190497 {ROAR!} on February 03, 2010, 07:04 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I don’t think there’s any point doing the kissing scene with Dan and Emma! Anyway, nice interviews! I’m still wondering how they’re going to film the 7 Potters thing…

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on February 03, 2010, 07:46 AM report to moderator

"Enough of this nonsense! If I hear you've come anywhere near here again, I'll take another fifty points from Gryffindor! Yes, Weasley, from my own house!"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014