WB Places a "For Your Consideration" Ad For "DH: Part 1" For Best Cinematography

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
December 07, 2010, 11:33 PM

With the awards season approaching, Warner Bros. has put out a "For Your Consideration" ad in American Cinematographer, which you can see here in our Image Galleries. This ad acknowledges Eduardo Serra, the cinematographer for "Deathly Hallows: Part 1," and recommends him and the movie for the award of Best Cinematography. Serra has previously been nominated for Academy Awards for his work on "The Wings of the Dove" and "Girl With a Pearl Earring."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

i love that ad/poster, really something. the cinematography was also awesome, hope it does end up getting the award… :)

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on December 08, 2010, 01:34 PM report to moderator

That’s a sweet poster. It really shows how great the cinematography was in the movie. I think DH will get an oscar consideration for sure!

Posted by harrypotter = life ! on December 08, 2010, 01:55 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

Funny that they’re using a pic from part 2 in a For You Consideration ad for part 1.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on December 08, 2010, 02:19 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_hedwig_1213081666_thumb

I think the poster is brilliant!

Posted by hedwig_hp ((!ROAR!)) on December 08, 2010, 03:15 PM report to moderator
146_thumb

Definitely deserves an Oscar.
Fingers crossed.

Posted by Darth Mary on December 08, 2010, 06:37 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

I agree!!! It was beautiful and he did an amazing job!!

Posted by Katie_Lily on December 08, 2010, 07:10 PM report to moderator
Pict0434_thumb

I wanna get this only like so big and large. You know what I just said sounded weird?!

Posted by magichik on December 08, 2010, 07:43 PM report to moderator
Pict0434_thumb

Posted by magichik on December 08, 2010, 07:43 PM report to moderator
Mcgonagalldh_thumb

I think it’s a mistake to put out Part Two in July. Films released that early in the year rarely get any awards consideration. I, for one, would have been happy to wait a few months to see it if it meant the film would be more likely to get considered for awards. There are people who have deserved to win for previous HP films. We could have all crossed our fingers and hoped for the awards people to decide to nominate the last film in the franchise, ala LOTR: ROTK but that won’t happen because of the early release date.

Posted by iamminerva on December 08, 2010, 08:14 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

The film has great cinematography! He deserves to win!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 08, 2010, 08:49 PM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

Very extemely cool!!! I know they just have to win!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on December 08, 2010, 08:51 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I hope, iamminerva, tht HPDH pt 2 will be an exception to a movie being nominated released early and getting a positive response. I think the first HPDH PT 1 surprising done well.

Posted by molly43 on December 09, 2010, 12:47 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

Posted by molly43 on December 09, 2010, 12:47 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Ok, I’m from Russia and I watch Oscar ceremony on TV and don’t know the mechanism of voting at all. Does this ad mean that after you made a film, you have to do an ad campaign for professionals in order to promote your film as a possible nominee for an award? And then wait for the actual nomination? Wow, every day something new to learn! :) I thought that you just make your movie and then some kind of professional cinema business association chooses films but it turns out you can “help” them to choose by directing their attention through ad campaigns! great))) And of course, DH cinematography deserves an award!!!

Posted by Pollytomat on December 09, 2010, 06:04 AM report to moderator
A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb

I WANT ALEXANDRE DESPLAT WIN THE OSCAR FOR BEST ORIGINAL SCORE, BUTHANS ZIMMER MUST WIN FOR INCEPTION!
I HOPE DESPLAT GETS A NOMINATION ANYWAY!

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on December 09, 2010, 09:39 AM report to moderator

"I took a wrong turning on the way to the bathroom and found myself in a beautifully proportioned room I have never seen before... When I went back to investigate more closely, I discovered that the room had vanished... Possibly it is only accessible at f