Dan Radcliffe Interviewed in OK Magazine, New Pictures of the Harry Potter Cast in Cinemania Magazine

HP Cast
Posted by: Mel
December 07, 2010, 08:59 PM

Thanks to our friends at HarryPotterLA we have some scans of Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley), Matt Lewis (Neville Longbottom), Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley), Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), and Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) in Cinemania magazine, which you can see here in our Image Galleries. We also have new pictures and an interview with Dan Radcliffe in OK Magazine, which can be seen here. HarryPotterLA translated the interview into English and it can be read below:

The new movie seems to be very violent and bloody.
It’s great. I love scenes with lots of blood and dirt. I enjoy those battle moments; they always look so intense and fun.
You’ve played Harry for half of your life. It’s now ending. How do you feel?
It’s hard to describe. Weird and sad at the same time. I’m definitely going to miss it. I’m going to miss these people, working with them everyday, seeing them. I’ll miss the friends I made. At the same time I feel like I’m cutting the cord, so I’ll be free to do whatever I want. I will have more time for myself as well. In the past if I got offered I great script, I had to give it up and say “I’m sorry, I’m unavailable for the next year and a half”. Of course it’s also wodnerful to know you have work anyway, but at the same time I appreciate having the freedom to choose my next project. That’s really exciting.
You’ve worked with Rupert and Emma for 10 years. Is there any difference now?
Rupert has a larger collection of cars than me (laughs). We came to the conclusion that we’ve changed a lot during the filming of the movies. He used to be so loud and talkative, you couldn’t shut him up- Now he’s more quiet and reserved. I’m louder, on the other hand (laughs). Physically we look very different, but Emma looks just the same. Her face is exactly the same. I don’t know what more to add, except we’ve been through the obvious changes of someone who goes from 11 to 21.
If you could go back in time and change something, would you change the things you’ve accomplished up until now?
I think I’ve done alright, but if I could go back in time I’m sure I wouldn’t change a thing- What has changed has been our attitude towards work. 10 years ago we came on set and it was so much fun. we laughed, it wasn’t work for us. Now we see a bigger responsability because we want to make a career out of this, and we know it’s going to be hard.
Harry has to choose between life and death in this movie.
Yes, and it’s such a noble and brave thing knowing that the more you live, more people are at risk. Harry knows this and has the maturity to see what’s best for him and his friends, and all the people he loves. He needs to put his life aside. In the end, the fact that he took this very decision is what becomes his salvation.
What’s your opinion on the impact this saga has had internationally?
The biggets franchises of the past never came close to Star Wars. Unlike those movies, the culture around Harry is not based in movies but in bokks as well. That created a fan base that is not only obsessed with the movies, but with the books as well. It’s a very rich story. And you don’t have that as a result of box office success. This saga has created a generation of fans that are smart, of different ages, it’s just wonderful.
In the story you turn into a father.
Yeah that was fun. We had make up tests and it looked great. I compared my picture with my father’s picture and it looked amazing.
And you got to choose your own children…
That was fantastic (laughs). It’s something any parent would like.
What do you like to do on your free time?
Writing, reading. I love watching the Discovery Channel and I’ fascinated with archeology. I love cricket and going to pubs. Sometimes people recognize me.
How do you do in the girls department?
Fame doesn’t men you’re automatically attractive for women. People think that you’re famous because you’re cool. But I’m not cool. I don’t want to be around girls who want to be with me because of fame. I’m always dating, just not at the moment. I’m single, so we’ll see what happens.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

Dapic_thumb

I can’t believe that guy in the magazine photo is Neville.

Posted by ZeGrindylows on December 07, 2010, 09:20 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe__rupert_grint__emma_watson_harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_image_1_thumb

Leave it to Leaky to keep us informed of everything we need to know! thanks!!

Posted by crikeyhunter on December 07, 2010, 09:21 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Wow neville

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on December 07, 2010, 09:24 PM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

Wow – Dan is so good looking in those OK magazine photos. I now officially have a Dan crush.

Posted by sueml on December 07, 2010, 09:54 PM report to moderator
Pict0434_thumb

So Harry………………..In real life (not the magical world) Do you really like Ginny(Bonnie Wright)? I you do write an article about your guy’s first kiss.

Posted by magichik on December 07, 2010, 10:36 PM report to moderator

Do these guys look hot or what? And the ladies are terrific!!!!!! Tom Felton is like WOW. These are great pictures!! THANKS!

Posted by hewy on December 07, 2010, 11:39 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Those are pictures from random previous photoshoots aside from Dan’s profile picture which is very good.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on December 08, 2010, 03:29 AM report to moderator
3106762989_1_7_lisbs0hy_thumb

Great interview and amazing pics!!!!

Posted by CDR on December 08, 2010, 10:44 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

great pics and a great interview !! :)
dan looks gorgeous in OK !! ;)

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on December 08, 2010, 12:44 PM report to moderator
A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb

Dan… Oh, Dan….

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on December 08, 2010, 01:05 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh2_articles_2011screen_0002_thumb

Wow, love those pictures! Aahh, Matt Lewis is so handsome haha…. and Tom too……. and my goodness, I’m not usually much into Rupert other than his acting skills, but the smaller of the two pics of him in particular… wow, quite hot! XD

Posted by Bellatrix The Strange on December 08, 2010, 03:26 PM report to moderator

James and Oliver <3 Such cuties!

Posted by ExpectoPatronum512 on December 08, 2010, 07:54 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

They all look so great! I love the pics! The one of Dan in the bottom right corner sort of looks like a wanted picture but its still really good!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 08, 2010, 08:41 PM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

Great interveiw!! I can’t wait for te second movie!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on December 08, 2010, 08:47 PM report to moderator

wow they all look so good. Matt Lewis, and the rest of the cast, got so hot.

Posted by hermioneweasley17 on December 08, 2010, 09:54 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

The stranger was wearing an extremely shabby set of wizard's robes that had been darned in several places. He looked ill and exhausted. Though quite young, his light brown hair was flecked with gray.