"Tangled" Bumps "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Out of the No. 1 Spot at the US Box Office

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
December 05, 2010, 08:35 PM

Disney's newest film "Tangled" has taken the number one spot in the US box office, moving "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" to the number two spot for the first time since its release. This weekend, "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" made $16.7 million next to the $21.5 million that "Tangled" earned.

However, "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" still remains the number one film in the international box office, making $54.4 million this weekend. Thus far the film's overseas earnings are $469.1 million, and the domestic earnings are $244.2 million.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Dapic_thumb

That is a good picture or Ron. I saw Tangled, but didn’t think it met DH1’s awesomeness.

Posted by ZeGrindylows on December 06, 2010, 06:19 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

There aren’t too many movies out that a whole family can go to with younger children, and that is probably why Tangled grossed high. I still like Deathly Hllows, but wouldn’t take a three year old to see it.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on December 06, 2010, 07:11 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_leyh30bfds1qd7uhgo1_500_thumb

Tangled was funny but it wasn’t a very good movie! grrrrrr…..

Posted by chuzzle on December 06, 2010, 08:02 PM report to moderator
20121227075238822000_thumb

is tangeld good? I sould c it….compare it to potter :)

Posted by MossHorpione on December 06, 2010, 08:04 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh2_articles_2011screen_0002_thumb

Tangled bumped DH1 from the top spot. So what? It doesn’t mean it’s a better movie. It just means a lot of people went to see it because its good. (although I don’t know, i haven’t seen it). Many people have pointed out that Tangled is a kids movie so there’s a larger audience for it than DH, which is not a kids movie. I personally don’t think the awesomeness of HP can be judged by how much it gets at the box office. It’s just awesome and we know it, and it doesn’t matter whether it’s number 1 or 20. I mean seriously, 2nd isn’t bad at all!

Posted by Bellatrix The Strange on December 06, 2010, 10:01 PM report to moderator
Avatars_house2_13_thumb

I wanna watch Tangled :( … And DH1 again.. I simply cannot wait for the DVD _

Posted by shi suisen on December 06, 2010, 11:47 PM report to moderator

eh DH wass way better ! I still wanna see Tangled but it won’t be as good. and Ron deff doesn’t like it ! ah well DH2 bring on the heat

Posted by DancewithaGinger on December 07, 2010, 06:22 AM report to moderator

GUYS WE NEED TO SEE DEATHLY HALLOWS AGAIN AND AGAIN this WEEEEEKEENND !!!!!! so we can beat narnia’s entry !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by reed0077 on December 07, 2010, 12:05 PM report to moderator

Tangled looks cute from the trailers – strictly for kids and the young at heart. DH1 is for teens and those that keep HP in their hearts all the time. Loved DH1 and look forward to DH2!!!!

Posted by hewy on December 07, 2010, 03:19 PM report to moderator
Leia_thumb

TANGLED, as noted, is strictly kiddie-fare (despite Disney’s efforts to appeal to the tweens and fellas.) 2 weeks on top for HP is average, and on a brighter note, it’s 3 weeks on top in the UK for DH.

See it again, especially in IMAX if you can. TRON (Disney again) will take over the US IMAX screen next week.

Posted by Hagiographer13 on December 07, 2010, 04:39 PM report to moderator

DH is back on top as of Monday :)

Posted by simbathedog on December 07, 2010, 06:29 PM report to moderator
600full-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows_-part-2-screenshot_thumb

I loved deathly hallows !!!!!!!!!

Posted by maddison R-O-A-R on December 07, 2010, 07:05 PM report to moderator
Pict0434_thumb

I saw both movies but even though Tangled was really good and funny I like Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part 1 better even though i sobbed when Dobby died and screamed when the snake came out of the lady!!!!

Posted by magichik on December 07, 2010, 10:48 PM report to moderator
Squirrel-flower-avt_thumb

Please don’t kill me now. I’ve seen DH1 twice and Tangled only once but I mast tell it: I LOVED TANGLED !!!

…yes just a little bit more.

Posted by Inky on December 08, 2010, 02:47 PM report to moderator
Robinhoodwtf_thumb

I haven’t seen Tangled, but I don’t think it has the capacity for more awesome than DH.

Posted by Dracolikesfire on December 08, 2010, 07:32 PM report to moderator

They had reached Lockhart's classroom and he let Harry go at last. Harry yanked his robes straight and headed for a seat at the very back of the class, where he busied himself with piling all seven of Lockhart's books in front of him, so that he could avo