"Harry Potter" Actors Talk About Part 2 Reshoots on Facebook and Twitter

HP Cast
Posted by: Stephanie_J
December 21, 2010, 09:13 PM

Last month, Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) confirmed reshoots would soon be taking place for the epilogue in “Deathly Hallows: Part 2.” Today actress Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) updated her official Facebook page and announced she was back at Leavesden Studios with co-stars Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley).

Currently at Leavesden filming reshoots with Dan and Rupert. Feels strange to be back! x

Young actor Will Dunn (James Sirius Potter) also spoke about the reshoots on his Twitter account saying today was the last day of filming for the cast and crew.

Wrapped on Potter! Amazing experience again... Sad to be finished :( X
So there it is. Shooting on HP is now finished, forever! :( X
James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley) were also at Leavesden last week to do reshoots for some other scenes and said goodbye to their characters for the last time: @James_Phelps
Today was my last at Leavesden Studios with HP.10 years flew by & hasn't sunk in.Thank u to everyone who made my time there a wicked one.=)
@OliverPhelps
On the way home after doing some additional filming for HP7 part 2... It was also when Oliver phelps and George Weasley parted company for the final time. It's been a great decade it's been. Strange feeling.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

Hni_0022_thumb

aww brings tears to my eyes :(

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on December 22, 2010, 08:49 PM report to moderator
Tom_felton_png_version_thumb

Maybe the actors won’t look that old in the new epilogue, ‘cause they did look like grandparents on the pics I saw from shooting the first epilogue, and couldn’t make sense of that 40-year olds would look like they did. So hope they did a more believable hair and makeup for them!

I think it’s gonna be nice to finally have the full collection of the HP DVD’s in my shelf. Of course it’s sad that me and my HP friend won’t attend any more HP movie premieres, but all good things come to an end… and I will re-read and re-watch this stuff from now until forever, and to everybody that want to do it with me!

Posted by Aleks on December 23, 2010, 02:38 AM report to moderator
Johnnie_ret_thumb

Ha! Surprised that Emma is reshooting scenes with her short hair… In a way, sad this is nearly over. I wish aaall the HP actors the younger and the older, but especially Dan, Rupert, Emma, Tom, Matthew, Bonnie, James, Oliver and Evanna all the very, very best for the future, hopefully in new and exciting films/theatre plays. It’s been amazing to watch them grow over the years. Lots of love and gratitude to the most talented and brilliant cast in cinema history. I hope the HP magic always remains at Leavesden!

Posted by Gloria on December 23, 2010, 09:59 AM report to moderator
Johnnie_ret_thumb

Sorry, didn’t mean to cross out anything in my previous post. It was just a mistake and I’m so clumsy I don’t know how to edit… Apologies.

Posted by Gloria on December 23, 2010, 10:04 AM report to moderator
1516_thumb

I’m sooooooooo sad! I just about threw my book when Fred died, now we are gonna have to watch!!! I must bring tissue!!! They are my favorite characters. They could not have cast them any better! James & Oliver did such a great job!!! Sad that it’s come to an end!!! RIP Fred!!!!

Posted by weasleytwins55 on December 23, 2010, 10:27 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

It must have been a real emotional roller-coaster for the actors to have had to go back and reshoot after having gone through the trauma of ‘This is my very last day of shooting!’ once already. How many wrenching last days can one endure?

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on December 23, 2010, 12:52 PM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

And now it’s really over… Well, after the film comes out, that is. I wonder what they’re going through right now. Maybe now they’ll have a bit of closure? I know I would :P

Posted by Rachel Ravenclaw on December 23, 2010, 12:56 PM report to moderator
Snape_icons_collage_thumb

Yeah, I saw Emma’s post on FB before I saw the news post on Leaky… LOL strange how that works… LOL ;)
Anyyywaaayyy… good luck to you all on making DH2 a HUGE success, love ya! <3
~JH

Posted by jhlovesmusic {^HISS^} on December 23, 2010, 02:43 PM report to moderator
Mad-eye-moody_thumb

Aw =( I can’t believe it’s over for them. I HATE it when good (read: fantasmagorical) things come to an end =(

Posted by eccentricalice on December 23, 2010, 05:46 PM report to moderator
Avatars_house2_13_thumb

that’s sad =(

Posted by shi suisen on December 24, 2010, 09:07 AM report to moderator
Got-eight-houses_thumb

Omg, this is sooooooooo sad :’(

Posted by JulietBlack on December 24, 2010, 09:18 AM report to moderator
Poster_thumb

cant wait to see the epilogue but will be sad when its all over

Posted by skittles on December 24, 2010, 09:39 AM report to moderator
36051_169251979755516_114302268583821_590721_1732889_n_thumb

I am really excited to see the end, but it is bittersweet. It doesn’t seem like it should be ending. I just cannot believe that it is over!!

Posted by bweil on December 24, 2010, 01:13 PM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

second film will be so much better than the firts part !!

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on December 25, 2010, 02:58 AM report to moderator
Normal_wonderwoman_mkvdc_thumb

Aleks…. Thank-you… I am almost 40 and I do not look ANYTHING like they had them looking like when the were shooting the epilogue before. They had better fix it. I know war and battles take things out of people, my husband is a soldier and has seen combat, and I am in law enforcement myself, but holy cow we do not look like we have one foot in the grave yet.

Posted by luciusgl on December 25, 2010, 07:18 AM report to moderator

"FOR GOD'S SAKE!" roared Uncle Vernon, pulling great clumps of hair out of his mustache, something he hadn't been driven to in a long time. "I WILL NOT HAVE OWLS HERE, I WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS, I TELL YOU!"