Wizarding World of Harry Potter Expands Ollivander's Wand Shop

Fans
Posted by: Rosi
December 15, 2010, 06:30 PM

Inside the Magic today reports that Ollivander's Wand Shop at Universal Studios' Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction in Orlando, Florida, has undergone a small expansion in order to accommodate for the large number of customers.

The second shop can be accessed via Ollivander's through a door on the left-hand side which formerly served as the entrance to a stock room. According to Inside the Magic, "the store not only features the same assortment of magic wands but also other Wizarding World-exclusive merchandise, also available in other area stores." Read the full article at this link.

Thanks to our friends at Mugglenet for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Noavatar-normal_thumb

That’s cool i guess it was getting crowded. btw first!!

Posted by stregs12 on December 15, 2010, 07:03 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_wallpaper_thumb

Lord knows they needed to! I spent 3 hours in the rain to get a wand this summer… it was still worth it! :)

Posted by LoveIsHBP on December 15, 2010, 07:41 PM report to moderator
146_thumb

That’s sounds good.
I’ve heard from people that it’s a reaaally long wait. So, that should cut down queuing times.

Posted by Darth Mary on December 15, 2010, 08:06 PM report to moderator

It’s good that they are expanding it! It was defiantly very crowded as it was.

Posted by harrypotter = life ! on December 15, 2010, 08:14 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

That’s awesome :D
Can’t wait to take a trip over there and get my wand :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on December 15, 2010, 09:37 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

Thank goodness! they needed to do that! ive hear that the crowd/queue to get in to Olivander’s has been horrendous!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on December 15, 2010, 10:26 PM report to moderator

sweet! i still haven’t been, but i hope i can go soon :)

Posted by andarocketship on December 15, 2010, 11:20 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

That’s really cool! I wish I was going! My family is trying to plan a trip before my sister and I move out and we might go there! fingers crossed!

Posted by Jacket on December 16, 2010, 01:07 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-20070416023332981_thumb

Yeah, I’d say that was long overdue. The wait when I went there was about 40 minutes just to get in, and once inside, you were like crammed sardines nose to nose with everyone, and the actual room with the wands is tiny. Now they need to add more shops! They have plenty of buildings that you can’t go inside yet.

Posted by SiriusGirl19 [ROAR] on December 16, 2010, 12:31 PM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

i might be going next year!! can’t wait!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on December 16, 2010, 12:39 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

I was there on a ‘shoulder season’ weekend in early November, and the wait was still about an hour-and-a-half. What was disappointing to me was that even after that long a wait, only one person in each group of 20 or so actually gets to have a wand-trying-out session with ‘Ollivander’ – all the rest just watch. I suppose that if everyone got their turn, the wait would be many hours; but still, the hype that WB originally put out made it sound like everyone would get the hands-on experience. The expansion they’re proposing now won’t change that aspect – just allow a bit more elbow room in the store part. In fact, if all you want to do is browse the store and buy a wand, you can skip the line and come in through the back door – or buy a wand off one of the wagons on the street, which offer the same selection. All that the 1 1/2-hour wait gets you is the chance to watch somebody else ‘try out’ wands for about 2 minutes.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on December 16, 2010, 12:41 PM report to moderator

I went during Thanksgiving week, and it was packed! The stores were really crowded. There was a line to get into Dervish and Banges! I ended up not going to Ollivanders since there was a long wait, and I just picked out a wand for myself. :) I’m glad they expanded it. The park is amazing, but during the day it was super duper packed. However, after around 7pm it was considerably less crowded because a lot of younger kids and family had gone home to rest so I was able to get into the Owl Post shop and choose a wand there. In the owl post shop, there are 13 wands (when I was there) to choose from.

Posted by RavenclawGirl13 on December 16, 2010, 05:11 PM report to moderator

Posted by RavenclawGirl13 on December 16, 2010, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I went during opening week and it took 3 hours to get into Ollivanders! That is very smart of them to expand it!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 16, 2010, 05:36 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_icon_by_mrs_severus_snape_thumb

I just got back from there. It was amazing, but I didn’t get to go into Olivander’s :( They were STILL super busy. I wish they woul expand that entire area and the shops, because none of them are big enough to accomodate the crowds.

Posted by TrendHater73 on December 16, 2010, 10:36 PM report to moderator

...he pulled out an enormous peacock quill. "Yes, nice, isn't it?" he said, misreading the revolted look on Ron's face. "I usually save it for book-signings."