Actress Kelly Macdonald Reported to Portray The Grey Lady in "Deathly Hallows: Part 2"

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
December 10, 2010, 08:14 PM

Vanity Fair as an interview online with actress Kelly Macdonald, from the current HBO series "Boardwalk Empire," which makes note of her appearing as the Grey Lady in the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" film.  The magazine reports:

Next thing I find out, she’s got a small part as the Raveclaw house ghost in the final Harry Potter film.
John Lopeez: I hear now that Boardwalk’s done, you’re working on the final Harry Potter as we speak. They really are trying to get every U.K. actor into those movies.
Kelly Macdonald: It’s true! I’m friends with Colin Firth, and he told me he’s the only Brit who’s not in it.
While this is not yet explicit confirmation of Ms. Macdonald's role as the Ravenclaw Ghost in the second part of the final Potter film, Leaky is working to confirm this report.

As fans of Ms. Macdonald's work will know, the actress has worked previously with "Deathly Hallows" director David Yates in the 2005 HBO film "The Girl in the Cafe."  This film featured the actress working alongside actor Bill Nighy, who portrayed Rufus Scrimgeour in "DH: 1."

Stay close to Leaky for the latest!

Update: You can find various images of Kelly Macdonald at this link in the Leaky Galleries!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! I love Kelly MacDonald! She’s wonderful in everything, she’s PERFECT for the Grey Lady… that was alot of CAPS! This is how excited I am!

Posted by KiwiMcI on December 12, 2010, 09:33 AM report to moderator
146_thumb

Excellent!
I’m glad to hear that they’re not cutting out the Grey Lady from Part 2.

Posted by Darth Mary on December 12, 2010, 12:12 PM report to moderator
P4093399_thumb

@Aleks … the Gray Lady was shown in the first film but we didn’t see her in detail so it doesn’t really matter that an actress who did a cameo in a film 10 years ago doesn’t repeat it. After all the film makers never thought that that particular role would be so important.

As for the Fat Lady, yes they have changed her but after all the actress from the 1st movie died in 2008 and who knows? Maybe she couldn’t reprise her role and that’s why they had to change her.

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on December 12, 2010, 07:39 PM report to moderator
Andrew_s_pics-_ligniers__france_005_thumb

I loved her in “The Girl in the Cafe.” It was wonderful. I’d recommend it to anyone who doesn’t know this actress. I wish Colin Firth was in HP7 too!

Posted by cherriekin on December 12, 2010, 07:47 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

She’s a wonderful actress

I saw “The Girl in the Cafe”. Loved it.

I saw her in “Nanny McPhee” Loved it.

I saw her in “No Country for Old Men” weird…

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on December 12, 2010, 11:08 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

Hm, I’m betting Ginny will tell Harry where it is since she wasn’t in that scene. Dan, Emma, Rupert, Tom – and then Goyle and Blaise are the only kids who were mentioned in that scene or shown in the released clips. That, or they might have Harry just see it inside of Voldemort’s mind. They didn’t give a lot of time to his connection with Voldemort in PArt 1 becuase of time, so I’d be on board with including as much of that as they can fit in for Part 2. Only 7 months until the next film :D

Posted by Bless_the_children on December 12, 2010, 11:36 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

I wonder why all the comments are bolded,
did that close it off?

Posted by Bless_the_children on December 12, 2010, 11:36 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

i just love how D. Yates picks and chooses what politically correct things he will put in the movies…i wonder what it would be like to have a true-to-the-books movie (let’s ask the other 2 directors who seemed to get this concept; Chris Colombus and Alfonso Cuaron)

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on December 13, 2010, 10:05 AM report to moderator

I know I’m a little late to this line of comments. But I haven’t seen anyone mention that this terrific character actress was also in “Gosford Park” with Dame Maggie and Sir Michael (G.).

Posted by mkm on December 13, 2010, 12:00 PM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

I love her in Boardwalk Empire. She’d make a terrific Grey Lady.

Posted by AvanelleWood on December 13, 2010, 07:27 PM report to moderator
Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

She’s a wonderful actor! I think she’ll be great!

Posted by friendofblob on December 13, 2010, 09:17 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

She will be good as the Grey Lady! Sometimes actors are tied up with other projects and can’t make a shoot with another film, which may be why we did not see the same Grey Lady back in the next film.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on December 13, 2010, 10:23 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

She looks perfect for the role :)

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on December 15, 2010, 05:36 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"What's that Weasley's riding?" Malfoy called in his sneering drawl. "Why would anyone put a Flying Charm on a moldy old log like that?"