Actress Kelly Macdonald Reported to Portray The Grey Lady in "Deathly Hallows: Part 2"

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
December 10, 2010, 08:14 PM

Vanity Fair as an interview online with actress Kelly Macdonald, from the current HBO series "Boardwalk Empire," which makes note of her appearing as the Grey Lady in the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" film.  The magazine reports:

Next thing I find out, she’s got a small part as the Raveclaw house ghost in the final Harry Potter film.
John Lopeez: I hear now that Boardwalk’s done, you’re working on the final Harry Potter as we speak. They really are trying to get every U.K. actor into those movies.
Kelly Macdonald: It’s true! I’m friends with Colin Firth, and he told me he’s the only Brit who’s not in it.
While this is not yet explicit confirmation of Ms. Macdonald's role as the Ravenclaw Ghost in the second part of the final Potter film, Leaky is working to confirm this report.

As fans of Ms. Macdonald's work will know, the actress has worked previously with "Deathly Hallows" director David Yates in the 2005 HBO film "The Girl in the Cafe."  This film featured the actress working alongside actor Bill Nighy, who portrayed Rufus Scrimgeour in "DH: 1."

Stay close to Leaky for the latest!

Update: You can find various images of Kelly Macdonald at this link in the Leaky Galleries!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Normal_films_dh2_poster_001_thumb

I’m pretty sure she’s going to be a great actress.

Posted by Zsquared on December 11, 2010, 09:12 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Very happy to hear about Kelly Macdonald for “The Grey Lady”. She’s one of the really good up-and-coming actresses. She’s wonderful in “Boardwalk Empire”.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on December 11, 2010, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

Love her…I think she will do a fabulous job!

Posted by Lillylove on December 11, 2010, 09:38 AM report to moderator

She looks so amazing and i’m so glad that they will put her in the movie. She looks like she will be a good ghost. I cant wait to see her in the next movie.

Posted by 9em on December 11, 2010, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

she’ll look great as a ghost! LOL

Posted by Matea on December 11, 2010, 11:31 AM report to moderator
Monty-python-black-knight-with-one-arm-off-794357_thumb

I also loved her in “Trainspotting” and “Gosford Park”.

Posted by Fastbak on December 11, 2010, 11:34 AM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

She was rumored to be playing her months ago. With this new quote, it’s pretty much confirmed to be true.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on December 11, 2010, 01:15 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That sounds really great! I know she’ll rock the part! I can’t wait to see the second part!
Every Brit? Wow.

Wand_thumb

Cool! I can definitely picture her as the Grey Lady!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 11, 2010, 01:26 PM report to moderator
A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb

I LOVE this girl!
This is GREAT!
LOL! Poor Colin Firth! He’s right! They should have given him a role in HP! He’s a great actor!

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on December 11, 2010, 03:31 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

but isnt filming done for part 2? so shouldnt this be a definite thing?

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on December 11, 2010, 05:11 PM report to moderator

she is gorgeous! ive never heard of her though.

Posted by weasleymyking on December 11, 2010, 07:24 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

She’s a great choice for the Grey Lady. One of my favorite indie films is The Girl in the Cafe. If you want to see Bill Nighy in a completely different role, this is the movie to check out. It’ll give you an idea of just how talented an actor he is.

I always have to chuckle at the “every British actor” being in the HP movies. There are plenty who aren’t – Hugh Grant, Helen Mirren, Judi Dench, to name a few. But HP does have quite a who’s who of British actors, all of them fabulous.

Posted by Eeyore on December 11, 2010, 09:29 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

She’s really pretty- I think she’d be a great Grey Lady!

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on December 12, 2010, 02:40 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Yes all the filming is basically done, Kelly was at Leavesden working with Dan in the spring, maybe she’s been back recently for some green screen work.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on December 12, 2010, 05:19 AM report to moderator

"It is time," he said, "for me to tell you what I should have told you five years ago, Harry. Please sit down. I am going to tell you everything. I ask only a little patience. You will have your chance to rage at me -- to do whatever you like -- when I ha