The Independent Interviews Phelps Twins, Matt Lewis, and Evanna Lynch

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Stephanie_J
November 09, 2010, 06:15 PM

The end of the Harry Potter films is affecting everyone involved in different ways, but in a new article from the Independent, James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley), Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom), and Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) share their stories about their Potter adventure.

James and Oliver Phelps talk about how they auditioned for the roles as the humorous Weasley Twins and the close bond the Weasley actors share on and off set.

“When we’re all together it’s like a big ginger fun zone,” James says. “Julie Walters (Molly Weasley) and Mark Williams (Arthur Weasley) are just so funny. We once did a whole rehearsal in broad Brummie. The Americans on set didn’t have a clue what we were on about.”
Matt Lewis, whose appearance changed so much over the years he was required to wear fake ears and teeth as Neville, speaks about his character's major part in "Deathly Hallows."
“David [Yates] and I talked about his defining moment during the Battle of Hogwarts,” he says. “Neville is very adrenalised (sic). He’s just running in head first and putting his life on the line. But as the death toll mounts, there are a couple of scenes where he starts to look really tired and realisation hits that the battle is almost lost.”
Evanna Lynch says that the casting of Rhys Ifans as Luna's dad, Xenophilius Lovegood, was "perfect," but that she's not as similar to Luna as some people might think.
“I’m not Luna, although a lot of people think I am,” Lynch says. “When I was younger I used to be a little more like her. I’m like her in that I don’t like to judge people and I keep an open mind. She’s so free spirited, she wouldn’t judge someone by their clothes or demeanour and I like that way of looking at life.”
All four actors conclude, however, that they would like to stay in the film business. Read the rest of the article here.

Thanks to Megan at Magical-Menagerie.com for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

This has me wanting Part II without the wait, to see Neville during the Battle!

Posted by Agrippa1 on November 09, 2010, 07:01 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

Good grief I adore Matthew Lewis, I didn’t realize they were using fake teeth on him, I though he just had bad teeth. Good to know. Evanna Lynch and the Phelps twins look amazing!

Posted by Bless_the_children on November 09, 2010, 07:08 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

Interesting stuff, the first movie isn’t out yet but i already want the second part haha

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on November 09, 2010, 07:26 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That does sound interesting. I didn’t know Matt had to wear fake teeth and ears, but that would explain how different he looked in real life…..
But I love the way Luna thinks as well, sometimes people even say I act like Luna at times. Different. Weird. Unusual. But Lovable.

Harry_potter_seal_thumb

I Love Luna! She’s been my favourite character ever since she was introduced! And yeah I didn’t know that Matt had to wear all the fake ears and teeth and fat suit until I was watching and interview with him and the subject was brought up. I’m glad they stopped using the fat suit.

Posted by Jacket on November 09, 2010, 08:50 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Matt Lewis is amazing

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on November 09, 2010, 09:40 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Would have loved to see that rehersal where they were goofing around – it’s that type of stuff that I would love to see it a bloopers dvd

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on November 09, 2010, 09:41 PM report to moderator
02_twins_20-_20copy_129536961051705540_thumb

The scene where he cuts off Naginis head will be my Fav. I always said Neville would change the course of the war :D

Posted by joeys_mommy on November 09, 2010, 09:45 PM report to moderator
Harry___hermoine_thumb

Interesting article! I love Neville :) Can’t wait for the last two films!

Posted by fragilexstars on November 09, 2010, 10:00 PM report to moderator

Id actually like to hear from Alan Rickman who plays Professor Snape.. Can’t wait, seeing the midnite show here locally! roar

Posted by lunalovewentz on November 09, 2010, 10:02 PM report to moderator

Posted by lunalovewentz on November 09, 2010, 10:03 PM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

Aww I hope we could have an outtake of Brummie Weasleys in the extras. I’m looking forward to seeing how Neville’s changed.

Posted by nellythemarrow on November 09, 2010, 10:03 PM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

Posted by nellythemarrow on November 09, 2010, 10:04 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Nice article (only one mistake that I spotted). Does anyone else think that ‘Matilda Battersby’ sounds like a good wizarding name?

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on November 10, 2010, 02:28 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

@lunalovewentz, perhaps Alan Rickman will give some interviews when the last film is out. I think he is very careful about interviews in case he gives plot details away. I keep hoping that once all the films are out he will be on Desert Island Discs!

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on November 10, 2010, 02:32 AM report to moderator

[Cho] smiled at him and departed. He walked on, feeling quietly elated. He had managed to have an entire conversation with her and not embarrassed himself once... [i]You were really brave standing up to her like that...[/i] She had called him brave... She

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014