Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 10 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
November 09, 2010, 03:56 PM

There are now only 10 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

The elf's eyes found him, and his lips trembled with the effort to form words.

"Harry . . . Potter . . ."

And then with a little shudder the elf became quite still, and his eyes were nothing more than great glassy orbs, sprinkled with light from the stars they could not see.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Malfoy Manor"

Quotedown 11:
"Many of our oldest family trees become a little diseased over time," he said as Bellatrix gazed at him, breathless and imploring. "You must prune yours, must you not, to keep it healthy? Cut away those parts that threaten the health of the rest."
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Dark Lord Ascending"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Are-you-going-out_thumb

dobby’s death scene was probably the most emotional scene in the entire series, i really hope they do it right in the movies but i am doubtful. especially since they cut him out of the other movies

Posted by minister kingsley on November 09, 2010, 08:09 PM report to moderator
Ronnyhermy_thumb

awwwww dobby!!

Posted by ::Elfie:: on November 09, 2010, 09:48 PM report to moderator
100__bookworm_thumb

I hated it when Dobby died! It was so sad! Poor Dobby :’(

Posted by chocoyum4 on November 09, 2010, 09:55 PM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

These last two films are going to make me bawl as mush as the book did.

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on November 10, 2010, 12:49 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Poor dobby

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on November 10, 2010, 03:28 AM report to moderator
Collage_thumb

Dobby!!! I hope the movie does justice to this scene. So far, they have not done much justice to Dobby at all…but my fingers are crossed.

Posted by Storeyann (ROAR) on November 10, 2010, 08:44 AM report to moderator
Collage_thumb

Posted by Storeyann (ROAR) on November 10, 2010, 08:44 AM report to moderator

omg I cried a lot on this part :|

Posted by KeaHellstorm on November 10, 2010, 09:51 AM report to moderator

that will be so sad to see

Posted by Mew5645 on November 10, 2010, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

Dobby: The reason I’m bringing tissues with me to the movie.
And the other characters, but i know Dobby’ll be the one to make me burst into tears, completely overwhelmed. :’(

Posted by ProfessorAlice on November 10, 2010, 12:43 PM report to moderator

Reading again HP7 to savor it as the book before the movie. I just finished reading CH 24. I was soo sad when Dobby died. I still “cried me a river”

Posted by bonica on November 10, 2010, 01:26 PM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

Oh Dobby!! I think when he died was one of the saddest parts in the whole series!! Along with him Sirius, Cedric, Fred, and Lupin/Tonks, the sacrifices that are made for peace and victory over evil!!

Posted by JessSnape on November 10, 2010, 03:58 PM report to moderator
Hermione-ron-battle-of_hogwarts-fight_thumb

Omg that part is so sad!

Posted by hermionerules5 {HR/R 4evr!} on November 10, 2010, 07:26 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Dobby <3

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on November 11, 2010, 05:44 PM report to moderator
Hedgehog_and_tomato_worm_thumb

One of the things I love about these books and movies is that they don’t shy away from death on a personal level. To sacrifice one’s life for one’s friends is the most noble of deaths. I guess Veteran’s Day has me thinking of all people ( and elves, wizards, and witches ), real and fantasy, who have been willing to lay down their lives to vanquish evil. If there are any vets or active duty/reserve members at TLC, thank you for your personal sacrifices that we can live in freedom.

Posted by tealover on November 11, 2010, 07:46 PM report to moderator

"Good, good," said Umbridge, watching Ginny's struggles. "Well, it looks as though Hogwarts will shortly be a Weasley-free zone, doesn't it?"