Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 10 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
November 09, 2010, 03:56 PM

There are now only 10 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

The elf's eyes found him, and his lips trembled with the effort to form words.

"Harry . . . Potter . . ."

And then with a little shudder the elf became quite still, and his eyes were nothing more than great glassy orbs, sprinkled with light from the stars they could not see.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Malfoy Manor"

Quotedown 11:
"Many of our oldest family trees become a little diseased over time," he said as Bellatrix gazed at him, breathless and imploring. "You must prune yours, must you not, to keep it healthy? Cut away those parts that threaten the health of the rest."
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Dark Lord Ascending"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

Dobby! Tonks! Lupin! Why is Voldemort killing EVERY SECONDARY CHARACTER I LOVE?
I really hope that Lupin and Tonks get a proper, epic death scene in the Part 2 movie. :(

Posted by Bless_the_children on November 09, 2010, 04:00 PM report to moderator
02_twins_20-_20copy_129536961051705540_thumb

DOBBY! Sobs

Posted by joeys_mommy on November 09, 2010, 04:35 PM report to moderator
146_thumb

DOBBY :’( I hope he gets a worthy send off in the movie.

Posted by Darth Mary on November 09, 2010, 04:41 PM report to moderator
58118_132230363492317_100001160614391_151843_1249933_n_thumb

Dobby was a great character! Poor Teddy! He never gets to meet his awesome parents! I hope Dobby’s death scene does him justice!!!

Posted by JK.jr. on November 09, 2010, 04:43 PM report to moderator
58118_132230363492317_100001160614391_151843_1249933_n_thumb

Posted by JK.jr. on November 09, 2010, 04:43 PM report to moderator
Iconator_591ba85c90d09b49387e1b517e5df72b_thumb

“Cinderella? What’s that, an illness??” XD

Posted by Safiri Peverell [ROAR!!] on November 09, 2010, 04:49 PM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

dobby :( BUT 10 DAYS LEFT!!!

Posted by Sohumdore on November 09, 2010, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

i hope that all the people who die in this film get a proper send off :( oh dobby…

so crazy to think that the film is 10 days away! >__<

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on November 09, 2010, 05:06 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

I’ll never forget Dobby’s death in the book. Up until that point, I was mostly indifferent about him. But when I was reading that scene, I started crying. By the end of it, I was sobbing so hard that I had to put the book down. I never expected to have that reaction. Dobby and Snape’s deaths were the only ones that affected me so. I didn’t appreciate Dobby as I should have until he died.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on November 09, 2010, 05:28 PM report to moderator

10 days for you…about 18 for me:(…by the way i hope dobby gets to meet harrys parents in wizard-heaven..and also dumbledore. i still wish he hadn t died so tragically…a heavy price to pay for saving the trio.sweet innocent loyal dobby..

Posted by on November 09, 2010, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

Such great quotes! I’ve said it before…but I hope they put all these posts in one forum so we can read them in one place, once they’ve posted them all!

Posted by Rin68nyr on November 09, 2010, 05:49 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp5-tl-0271_thumb

I hope that Harry digging Dobby’s grave and its full impact are include in the film. Great quotes

Posted by J.E.T. on November 09, 2010, 06:57 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

I cried when I read that – the first time, and when I re-read the books – I so hope the movie does Dobby’s sacrifice justice.

Posted by Agrippa1 on November 09, 2010, 07:05 PM report to moderator
Radcliffe_artices_radiotimes_01_thumb

I cried also all 3 times that I’ve read (DH) I love Dobby & Harry SO VERY MUCH!

Posted by roller on November 09, 2010, 07:49 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Dobby………..
Oh the thought of Dobby brings tears to my eyes every time! Oh why did it have to be him out of all elves?!
But at least he died a free elf…….

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Nice dog, Harry!" called a tall boy with dreadlocks.[br]"Thanks, Lee," said Harry, grinning, as Sirius wagged his tail frantically.