Warner Bros. Announces Leavesden Studios Plans and Potter Set Tours in 2012

Warner Bros.
Posted by: Stephanie_J
November 08, 2010, 03:24 PM

Warner Bros. have revealed their plans to redevelop Leavesden Studios into a "state-of-the-art filmmaking hub" and provide fans with behind-the-scenes tours of the Harry Potter sets.

Leavesden Studios which is located in Hertfordshire, England, has been home to the Harry Potter films for the past decade.

As part of the renovations, two new soundstages will be built to hold sets used in the Harry Potter films as well as numerous other film memorabilia. The behind-the-scenes tours of these soundstages are tentatively scheduled to begin around Easter 2012.

Early concept art of the new Leavesden can be seen at Empire Online.

Barry Meyer, Warner Bros. chairman and CEO expressed his excitement over the new project, saying:

"Our multi-million pound investment in creating a state-of-the-art, permanent UK film production base further demonstrates our long-term commitment to the skills and creativity of the UK film industry."
The project is expected to cost £100m, and will provide 300 new jobs in the filmmaking industry. In the past, Leavesden has also been used to film scenes from "The Dark Knight" and "Inception," both also Warner Bros. films.

Thanks, Tracy, for the news!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Warner Bros. News

Imagen009_thumb

I’ve benn planning to go to England since last year, the plan is summer 2012, sooooo perfect for this!!!!

Posted by selene21 (ROAR) on November 08, 2010, 07:37 PM report to moderator
Icon002_thumb

22nd Birthday trip, methinks!! :D So excited. Harry = <3

Posted by Hazza P on November 08, 2010, 08:21 PM report to moderator

I thought they had destroyed the sets. So glad to see that’s not the case!

Posted by Jillxoxo on November 08, 2010, 10:37 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

SQUEE!!! This is awesome!! Now I have yet another reason to visit the UK next summer XD

Posted by da_member0808 on November 09, 2010, 08:39 AM report to moderator

Oh, I’d love to go there when it’s finished =D and England is a 2-hour-flight for me, tops :3

Posted by honigmuffin on November 09, 2010, 09:10 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Thats nice

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on November 09, 2010, 09:21 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

i think its at least a 7 hour flight to get there from the US and then on top of that im afraid of getting on a plane.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on November 09, 2010, 11:00 AM report to moderator
Aria-1x06-pretty-little-liars-girls-13682878-500-375_1__thumb

OMG!!! An hour or two away from my home. :D DEFO Going. :D

Posted by LoonyJennyLovegood on November 09, 2010, 11:52 AM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

Guess I know where I’m going in a few years! :D I wonder how long they’ll keep this open? FOOORREEVVERRR?? :DDDDD
I think once I’m in college… I’ll transfer. I don’t really want to take my whole family there….

Posted by ProfessorAlice on November 09, 2010, 12:51 PM report to moderator
002_thumb

YES!!!! something that is actually IN MY COUNTRY.
2012…. i bet i can start saving…..

Posted by Iris Lily™ on November 09, 2010, 01:12 PM report to moderator
218013_10150157243293459_46389518458_6655174_5491948_n_thumb

It’s a wonderfullllll news, I live nearby England !§! Thanks !§!

Posted by HogwartsHP on November 09, 2010, 05:09 PM report to moderator

YAY!! That’ll be so cool to go see!

Posted by glow_freak on November 09, 2010, 08:36 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on November 11, 2010, 05:32 PM report to moderator

"Yeh're goin' ter win," Hagrid growled, patting Harry's shoulder again, so that Harry actually felt himself sink a couple of inches into the soft ground. "I know it. I can feel it. [i]Yeh're goin' ter win, Harry."[/i]