AMC Theatres to Show "Order of the Phoenix" and "Half-Blood Prince" Before 1st Midnight Showing of "DH: Part 1"

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
November 08, 2010, 08:27 PM

On the evening of November 18th, AMC Theatres will be showing "Order of the Phoenix" and "Half-Blood Prince" before the midnight release of "Deathly Hallows: Part 1":

To celebrate the release of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1", AMC Theatres will be hosting an event called "The Harry Potter Adventure". On November 18th at 6pm in over 140 theatres across the nation, we're going to showing the two previous "Harry Potter" movies ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" and "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince") ending with the midnight screening of the new film!
For one $20 ticket, it's the perfect way for Harry Potter fans to celebrate the first installment of the final chapter in the Potter series. 3 movies in a real theatre along with hundreds of other Potter fans sharing the experience.

Tickets for this event are available here. Many thanks to John C. for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

According to AMC’s facebook page, If you bought a ticket at AMC for the regular midnight show and want to go to the special 3 movie showing you can bring back your ticket and pay the extra money to upgrade it for this event.

Posted by mlc on November 09, 2010, 09:24 AM report to moderator
Blast-ended_skrewt_thumb

If they don’t empty the theatre before DH-only ticket holders can get in, then all the good seats will have been taken by the people who came to see OotP and HBP.

Posted by Professor Skrewt, OoM4, SM on November 09, 2010, 11:07 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

It’s not even going to be any midnight showings here in Sweden :(

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on November 09, 2010, 12:02 PM report to moderator

To all of you who already bought your ticket go to your theater and see if you can return your ticket, then buy the ones for this deal. I was surprised for HBP that I was able to return all our tickets for my theater after I found out my sister’s theater was doing the full day of all the movies before. Check, you might be surprised.

Posted by iamnotworriedharry on November 09, 2010, 02:33 PM report to moderator
02_twins_20-_20copy_129536961051705540_thumb

WHOOT! Hubby has the day off so he’ll watch the kids so I can go :D Yay! The Grey Lady goes to another midnight showing!!!

Posted by joeys_mommy on November 09, 2010, 05:03 PM report to moderator
L_5026d562d71364af831a80587a64c7da_thumb

I don’t know if I could even sit through so many hours of film (especially in a movie theater seat)! But it does sound like fun, and if I hadn’t already bought a ticket to the IMAX premiere, I’d probably go to the AMC one.

Posted by Nicole on November 09, 2010, 05:40 PM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

If AMC had posted this sooner, I would have definately purchased these tickets; However, I’ve already purchased my ticket to the IMAX premiere (which I prefer IMAX to regular 35mm) and have already made other plans for the evening before the midnight showing. Maybe AMC will inform customers of this type of showing earlier for DH2. We’ll have to wait & see.

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on November 10, 2010, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Thats really cool!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on November 11, 2010, 05:39 PM report to moderator

Shame there aren’t any AMC’s around here..I used to live right near a really nice one but I haven’t seen one in ages.

Posted by andarocketship on November 11, 2010, 09:27 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"If you made a better rat than a human, it's not much to boast about, Peter," said Black harshly.