Sunday Times Special on Harry Potter: "Farewell to Hogwarts"

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
November 07, 2010, 11:33 PM

The current issue of the Sunday Times has a lengthy special on the Harry Potter film series entitled, "Farewell to Hogwarts." Featured in the paper is an interview with Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), behind the scenes photos of the last days of filming "Deathly Hallows," new images of the sets of "Deathly Hallows," and many other interviews with the cast and crew, and other articles. You can see all of this here in our Image Galleries.- the Sunday Times has forced The Leaky Cauldron to remove these images from the Web. If you can still purchase a Sunday Times, you may view this article in its entirety.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

It’s The Times. Tip your head back and look down your nose at anything that isn’t royal. The Times in a nutshell.

Posted by jeannemclROAR on November 08, 2010, 09:28 AM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

I need this!!

Posted by JessSnape on November 08, 2010, 10:28 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW!!! AWESOME!!! indeed!!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on November 08, 2010, 10:58 AM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

My first thought was “They have got to be kidding.” What a horrid angle – agree with all of you – this reeks of Rita Skeeter!

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on November 08, 2010, 11:32 AM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

I have this! Awesomeness!
And I got a giant poster :D

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on November 08, 2010, 12:37 PM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

Wow – everyone is right – what a weird series of articles. Some very negative, and the different writers were so very contradictory. The “wizarding news” tabloid section makes Dan out to be some wild “bad-boy”, while another section comments that he’s very grounded spending money only on real estate and art. One section calls Rupert clunky and not too bright, another calls him sweet. The movie critic doesn’t like Dan’s acting (but the same critic calls Goblet of Fire the best movie), but another writer says he’s honed his craft and noted his “critically acclaimed” acting in Equus. Meanwhile it’s an all-out love fest for Emma Watson (who I like, this is not her doing at all), who is called the most phychologically interesting of the leads, gorgeous, smart, etc., etc. – just an odd bunch of articles. The English press is very strange indeed – at least here in America, our tabloids are tabloids and the regular press is not.

Posted by sueml on November 08, 2010, 12:38 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

The Times and Sunday Times these days are not what they were—along with a couple of UK tabloids, they are owned by Rupert Murdoch, who also owns the New York Post and Fox Television, I believe. Far from pro-royal, they are anti, while being pretty right-wing. They are also very anti-BBC, partly I suppose because of Murdoch’s own media interests.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on November 08, 2010, 01:48 PM report to moderator
Logog_thumb

It seems some forms of media can’t truly appreciate Harry Potter – or the actors. We can;t expect any different, I mean, that’s what Rowling showed us with hags like Rita Skeeter and the Daily Prophet. The news always has a biased slant to it, and, as Dumbledore once said, “The Prophet is bound to say the truth once in a while, if only accidentally”, so we can take heed from Rowling’s words that the media really is quite stupid.

Posted by HasrionaOrganisation on November 08, 2010, 01:53 PM report to moderator
Http_3a_2f_2f24

i want it :’(

Posted by Emmaria on November 08, 2010, 01:53 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

I didn’t know Rupert Murdoch owned The Times until today. I knew he owned The Sun and The New York Post. Both are tabloid rags. That may explain the tone in much of this article. I wonder if he’s hired Rita Skeeter.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on November 08, 2010, 02:00 PM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

Ahhh – Rupert Murdoch – well, that explains everything.

Posted by sueml on November 08, 2010, 02:05 PM report to moderator

well from the looks of the comments I’m glad I didn’t get to read this article!

Posted by glow_freak on November 08, 2010, 02:45 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_comic_07_by_loleia_thumb

why remove the images? that’s basically free publicity for them!

Posted by lilbug121 on November 08, 2010, 03:27 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

LOL! Looks like someone at The Times read the comments.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on November 08, 2010, 03:35 PM report to moderator

Images were the only decent thing.in the supplement. Most of Leaky’s readers could have done a far better job than their ‘journalists’.

Posted by Dumblebridge on November 08, 2010, 04:36 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

It was Neville. He was curled up on the floor, fast asleep, but jerked suddenly awake as they crept nearer.[br] "Thank goodness you found me! I've been out here for hours, I couldn't remember the new password to get in to bed."