Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 12 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
November 07, 2010, 04:17 AM

There are now only 12 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"After you left," he said in a low voice, grateful for the fact that Ron's face was hidden, "she cried for a week. Probably longer, only she didn't want me to see. There were loads of nights when we never even spoke to each other, With you gone . . ."

He could not finish; it was only now that Ron was here again that Harry fully realized how much his absence had cost them.

"She's like my sister," he went on. "I love her like a sister and I reckon she feels the same way about me. It's always been like that. I thought you knew."

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Silver Doe"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Avatar_thumb

Boys aren’t particularly emotionally sharp at this age; something on the order of a teaspoon. Ron epitomizes this in the books until this point where his understanding really begins. There was a time where I thought the end of this chapter would be where the two movies were divided but I am glad it is the end of Shell Cottage.

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on November 07, 2010, 10:09 AM report to moderator

I’m looking forward to this scene. I hope they managed to convey the emotions.

Posted by honigmuffin on November 07, 2010, 10:46 AM report to moderator
Dh_unofficialstills_023_thumb

This part shook me. I mean I don’t ever in any of the books remember Ron crying. I love Ron so when I read this it brought me close to tears seeing one of my favorite characters get hurt like this emotionaly. Believe me this on one of my favorite chapters but was very sad.

Posted by gryffindor18 on November 07, 2010, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Dh_unofficialstills_023_thumb

This part also shows a different side of Ron we have never seen before. It shows his sensitive side on this part.

Posted by gryffindor18 on November 07, 2010, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

Love this part of the book so much.Ron..such a hero and so human.

Posted by Tamyris on November 07, 2010, 11:43 AM report to moderator
20121227075238822000_thumb

I love this quote. Its so powerful

Posted by MossHorpione on November 07, 2010, 11:51 AM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

I love the “I thought you knew” part too.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on November 07, 2010, 12:09 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mvvctnikjv1qcanm1o1_r1_250_1__thumb

O.O 12… days?

Posted by MJB™ on November 07, 2010, 12:36 PM report to moderator
04_ron_129536962114000760_thumb

I’m so excited! Getting my tickets for the midight premier today!

Posted by HJPlvr4ever on November 07, 2010, 12:44 PM report to moderator
Sea-otter_thumb

This is such a moving scene, I read it over and over when I get to it because it is so deep, I can never move past it immediately.

Posted by BookNookKara on November 07, 2010, 12:48 PM report to moderator
Imagescamsd6iz_thumb

J.K. Rowling is just so brilliant!

Posted by harry7potterfan on November 07, 2010, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-deathly-hallows-trailer_thumb

this shows you the unbreakable bond of the trio….even After the troll inthe first book friendship moves mountains

Posted by PotterParish on November 07, 2010, 05:42 PM report to moderator
70847_100000502951544_4946622_n_thumb

I love this quote. It is honestly one of the best in the entire series.

It really helps us understand that Ron isent just a back up, he is a huge part of the trio.
And it also helps us understand, like the HPB (but a little bit more in depth) that Hermonie loves Ron!
SOOOO EXITED TO SEE THIS!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!

Posted by weasley is our king1234 on November 07, 2010, 06:34 PM report to moderator
Crew_bottom_thumb

lol just after day ron will have a more big heart attack XD

Posted by Lost Northern on November 07, 2010, 07:57 PM report to moderator
Crew_bottom_thumb

taht just after that lol srry

Posted by Lost Northern on November 07, 2010, 07:57 PM report to moderator

"Gryffindor leads by eighty points to zero, and look at that Firebolt go! Potter's really putting it through its paces now, see it turn -- Chang's Comet is just no match for it, the Firebolt's precision-balance is really noticeable in these long --"[br]"J

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014