Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 13 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
November 06, 2010, 04:49 AM

There are now only 13 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"Blimey, Dudley," said Harry over Aunt Petunia's renewed sobs, "did the dementors blow a different personality into you?"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Dursley's Departing"

Quotedown 14:
Ginny looked up into Harry's face, took a deep breath, and said, "Happy seventeenth."
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Will of Albus Dumbledore"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Picture_1_thumb

both are really good quotes – and I can’t believe it’s only 13 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Books_and_Cleverness on November 06, 2010, 08:12 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

@ Silverdoe : I agree " I don’t know why I expected more from Petunia but was still disappointed with her departure from Harry’s life. I wasn’t as surprised with Dudley’s reaction because he never really had a concrete reason to hate Harry in the first place. I wonder if Harry ever came back to Privet Drive?"

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on November 06, 2010, 09:07 PM report to moderator

It’s good to see that even morons like Dudley can change for the better.

Posted by honigmuffin on November 07, 2010, 06:44 AM report to moderator
Hedgehog_and_tomato_worm_thumb

About Petunia: The way she departed from Harry with her nose in the air was unforgivable, albeit not unexpected. My take is that Petunia really, really wanted with all of her being to be a magical person like her sister. She wanted more than anything in her young life to go to Hogwarts. Since she could not, and never would be able to, do magic she took the opposite route. She made her life ordinary to the point of mind-numbing. She married the biggest, dullest oaf she could find and threw her life into raising Dudley as “normal” in her eyes. She was trying to quash HER need to be a part of the magical world, not Harry’s. Sort of like we’ve seen with televangelists and mega-church pastors who rail against the sins of the flesh with all of their might and money, and then are found in a tryst or are exposed by an illicit lover. That she could not even, in the moment of parting, hug her nephew shows me that she could not let the house of sand she’d built for herself over the long years, develop even the smallest crack. I’ll bet she really relished apparating to the safe house in some small part of her soul. I wonder who had to try to get Vernon to go along with apparation? They probably had to Counfound him to get his cooperation.

Dudley was only a product of his upbringing, but there comes that point for almost every young person when they question their parent’s values and teachings. I think we see a glimpse of that, and I hope more than anything that Dudley and his future wife have a magical child and meet Harry, GInny, and their children on platform 9 3/4’s one day.

Posted by tealover on November 07, 2010, 08:25 AM report to moderator

I dunno…if you look at the clips they have put out so far, it does not look like the Dursleys will be in this one either…the house is COMPLETELY cleared out. I will be very dissapointed if not…they cut them out of so much as it is…this was such a good scene….

Posted by slayerbaby76 on November 07, 2010, 03:25 PM report to moderator
Picture0257_thumb

I wish Joe wrote more about what happened to the Dursleys after the 19 years. :) At the beginning of the series you can’t help but hate them, but when you get to the last book, they’re like family.

Posted by HilaryLeanne on November 07, 2010, 07:44 PM report to moderator

Dudley’s finest moment.

Posted by Jillxoxo on November 07, 2010, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

I know they said goodby to the Durselys in the movie, because those actors were the first to wrap up shooting. I assume it won’t be very much detail though, seeing as how they cut all of the Dursleys out of the HBP movie.

Love Harry and Ginny’s kiss in the book, think it looks rather awkward in the movie. Oh well – the books are the best :)

Posted by Bless_the_children on November 07, 2010, 08:31 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

@tealover – Rowling considered giving Dudley a magic child, but decided that no magic could survive contact with Vernon’s DNA. :)

Posted by Bless_the_children on November 07, 2010, 08:32 PM report to moderator
Hedgehog_and_tomato_worm_thumb

LOL, you are probably right!

Posted by tealover on November 08, 2010, 06:18 AM report to moderator
Logog_thumb

Two brilliant, emotional quotes from the book. J.K. sure knows how to develop her characters in strong, clever ways to impress her audience.

Posted by HasrionaOrganisation on November 08, 2010, 01:48 PM report to moderator

I love Dudley’s change of heart. Leaving him the cup of tea <3

Posted by andarocketship on November 11, 2010, 09:24 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

A curly-haired third-year Hufflepuff girl to whom Harry had never spoken in his life asked him to go to the ball with her the very next day. Harry was so taken aback he said no before he'd even stopped to consider the matter. The girl walked off looking r