Photos, Interview Quotes and Video from Emma Watson's Marie Claire Cover Photoshoot

Watson Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
November 05, 2010, 02:57 PM

Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) is on the cover of the December 2010 issue of Marie Claire (US) and we now have some brand new photos from the actress' cover shoot in the Leaky Galleries. The magazine's website has additionally posted an extract from its interview with Emma, as well as a number of video clips and has compiled a Style Evolution Over the Years. The actress spoke about finding her feet in her first year at Brown University:

"I found a great group of girlfriends, and now that I know how things work and what the professors expect, I'm really excited about going back for my second year, because I feel this time I can relax and enjoy it."
Watson is deeply grateful for the way she's been treated by her peers. "Brown has a real sense of community, and people are very protective of me," she said. "They really look out for me; they want me to feel like I'm part of it. I threw my 20th birthday party at Brown, and I didn't even have to say to anyone not to put pictures on Facebook. Not a single picture went up. That was when I knew I'd found a solid group of friends, and I felt like I belonged."

Watson said she "gave everything she could" in her role as Hermione Granger and talked about how she really discovered her passion for performing by a poetry recital competition."I loved finding out the real meaning of all the words, and how I could say them, and what I could do with my voice, and how I could get the audience to hang on my every word," she explained. "I just got really into it." More quotage:

But her decision to go after the role was as audacious as her chances were unlikely, given her lack of acting experience. Even as a 9-year-old, however, Watson manifested a near-obsessive commitment to her goal. "I started working on the audition at 9 in the morning and didn't stop until 5 in the evening," she recalled. "The tape was just me doing the same thing hundreds of times over, until I got it exactly right. I was just amazed at my stamina. The grown-ups said, 'We had to stop you; you wanted to keep going.' I've always been like that; I give 100 percent. I can't do it any other way."
You can see the images from the cover photoshoot here and find the videos, full extract and more on the Marie Claire website at this link. The issue will be on newsstands on the 16th of November.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

P1010630_thumb

Amazing, lovely & beautiful

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on November 05, 2010, 10:29 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Good that she got such great friends. She is really determined. I simply love her

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on November 06, 2010, 04:49 AM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

Those pics make her legs look short.

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on November 06, 2010, 09:00 AM report to moderator

Love her! I’m so glad she’s getting to a chance to be normal!

Posted by glow_freak on November 07, 2010, 07:53 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

It’s good to know that a supportive and protective network has coalesced around her at Brown – people wanting to take care of her on their own, and not because some movie studio is paying them to do so. College is a great place to start lifelong friendships, and I hope that it works out that way for Ms. Watson.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on November 09, 2010, 06:47 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

Harry played with chessmen Seamus Finnigan had lent him, and they didn't trust him at all. He wasn't a very good player yet and they kept shouting different bits of advice at him, which was confusing. "Don't send me there, can't you see his knight? Send [